Can someone help me?

Virgoddess

Jul 29, 2019
I got roped into creating a very small modpack for a very small server. I know how to put together mod packs myself, but I'm not sure where to put the files on the server side of things (or if the files for the server need to be different).

The modpack is only going to have Forge, NEI and Aether 2.

Any tips?

Jeridan

Jul 29, 2019
They go in the same structure as the client. Most mods are universal, but a few have separate client/server files. IIRC NEI isn't required server side, but its been a while since I built a server pack.

Watchful11

Forum Addict
Team Member
Third Party Pack Admin
Nov 6, 2012
It's not required server side, but it adds some extra features if you do have it server side.

I would recommend taking one of the official server files from here(for whatever minecraft version you want), and strip out everything from the mods and configs folders, then add your mods and configs from the client. That's probably the simplest way to get the server jar with forge.

Reactions: Jeridan

Virgoddess

Jul 29, 2019
It's not required server side, but it adds some extra features if you do have it server side.

I would recommend taking one of the official server files from here(for whatever minecraft version you want), and strip out everything from the mods and configs folders, then add your mods and configs from the client. That's probably the simplest way to get the server jar with forge.

Thanks so much!!