Can someone explain to me how I add pages to a descriptive book?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

OmegaJasam

Jul 29, 2019
You can't modify an existing book.

If you mean to create one, put the pages in a notebook, open the book binder block with leather in the left slot then pick the notebook from your inventory and left click it on the big bar in the middle.

WatcherInTheShadows

Jul 29, 2019
mqdefault.jpg

foshka

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah, I'm at 120 worlds, half created by me, half random, and every single one is a useless, disk-hogging, corrupted piece of junk.

If you don't have 20 stacks of emeralds and a herd of cows, and find a few villagers near to trade for every single page, its pointless. I don't like to cheat using nei, but the new mystcraft changes got rid of any easy path to making a new world that you can actually do anything in. The randomness is way too random, you have just as much chance to find 'some funny biome' as something basic like normal terrain generation. And when it generates randomly, 'normal' and 'vanilla' options are LESS common than the icky ones.

Iskandar

Popular Member
Feb 17, 2013
Not exactly true. Yes, you have to deal with ill effects, but once you randomly generate an age without blindness or nausea, you are more or less set. Every non-Void Age I've created has a Mystcraft Library in it within a couple hundred meters of where you spawn. As long as you can see normally (thus nausea and blindness are no-goes) you can find it. Slow effect is a problem, as is Weakness, but a Modular Power Suit with Sprint Boost means you can run away from stuff.

Those libraries have roughly 8 to 10 pages each,if you catch the chest hidden behind the bookshelves. 15 Ages in, I have all the necessary pages for a stable Age, minus Normal Sun. And I have the Charge page to add stability to make up for it. I have a mining age now that just has Slowness instability, and you get under cover that goes away.

BTW, destroy the book linking an Age, and I believe you can the go to your save and delete the DIM folder associated with it safely. I think. Back up your save first, mind.

Edit: As a bonus, non-Mushroom Island Ages generally have quite a few Thaumcraft altars. If you are willing to do a little traveling, you can get mad lootz. I have 4 portal guns now.

Graablarbl

Jul 29, 2019
Not exactly true. Yes, you have to deal with ill effects, but once you randomly generate an age without blindness or nausea, you are more or less set. Every non-Void Age I've created has a Mystcraft Library in it within a couple hundred meters of where you spawn. As long as you can see normally (thus nausea and blindness are no-goes) you can find it. Slow effect is a problem, as is Weakness, but a Modular Power Suit with Sprint Boost means you can run away from stuff.

Those libraries have roughly 8 to 10 pages each,if you catch the chest hidden behind the bookshelves. 15 Ages in, I have all the necessary pages for a stable Age, minus Normal Sun. And I have the Charge page to add stability to make up for it. I have a mining age now that just has Slowness instability, and you get under cover that goes away.

BTW, destroy the book linking an Age, and I believe you can the go to your save and delete the DIM folder associated with it safely. I think. Back up your save first, mind.

Edit: As a bonus, non-Mushroom Island Ages generally have quite a few Thaumcraft altars. If you are willing to do a little traveling, you can get mad lootz. I have 4 portal guns now.
Turned out that I just had to restart twice, oh god I was so happy. xD
I really don't like the Mystcraft changes though, it doesn't even work when I put pages in. I make it plains, single biome, L0L HAVE A SINGLE FLYING ISLAND FILLED WITH CHICKENS.

OmegaJasam

Jul 29, 2019
You need to add the 'Standard Terrain' symbol or there is a chnace you will pull the End World symbol.

One trick I do is create more and more stable ages with flatter and friendlyer biomes, using each one to hunt down 10-12 librarys (and other loot).

But at the end of it I feel like I might as well of creative spawned in a notebook, as 99% of the mod is useless without all the symbols.