Can Anyone Help about Mods?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
M

MattyBoi

Hello i really want to play some modpacks like Terrafirmacraft or Running Red but
unfortunately i don't really think my pc can handle it :(. Here is my pc's properties

--------Intel(R) Pentium(R) CPU P6100 2.00GHz
--------3Gb RAM
--------Intel(R) HD Graphics (Pentium) 1274 Mb

Thats all i hope there is a modpack that i can run
My favourite mods
--Ic2
--Thermal Expansion (addons also)
--Thaumcraft
--Mine Factory Reloaded

Im waiting for your responses:).

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Have you considered just making your own pack? With the Twitch app its mindlessly simple, just a matter of clicking the mods you want.

Reactions: Golrith

Hambeau

Over-Achiever
Jul 24, 2013
If you are running a 32-bit OS and Java version I wouldn't attempt to run anything later than 1.7.10 packs. I don't remember if 1.8 supported 32-bit but anything after that requires 64-bit Java, which requires a 64-bit OS. This is because of the hardware limitations of a 32-bit processor, if that's what you have.

1.7.10 packs can be shoehorned into 3GB (actually less than 2 once you subtract at least 1GB for the OS and another 256-512MB for the Intel Graphics) but runs better with 4GB.

At some point packs started requiring more...Many 1.12.2 packs crash when attempting to load with only 4GB allocated, and need between 6 and 8GB.

Reactions: GamerwithnoGame

ShneekeyTheLost

Too Much Free Time
Dec 8, 2012
Lost as always
Hello i really want to play some modpacks like Terrafirmacraft or Running Red but
unfortunately i don't really think my pc can handle it :(. Here is my pc's properties

--------Intel(R) Pentium(R) CPU P6100 2.00GHz
--------3Gb RAM
--------Intel(R) HD Graphics (Pentium) 1274 Mb

Thats all i hope there is a modpack that i can run
My favourite mods
--Ic2
--Thermal Expansion (addons also)
--Thaumcraft
--Mine Factory Reloaded

Im waiting for your responses:).
I'd suggest looking for lite packs from the 1.l7.10 era. You should be able to run those with 1-2GB RAM. It'll run a bit slow, your proc is pretty slow and MC isn't multi-threaded, but you should be able to get 30FPS out of it.

TerraFirmaCraft isn't a mod pack, it's a total conversion mod. There are mod packs which incorporate TFC, but they're basically 'TFC, plus some things to make a couple of other mods compatible with it'.

Thaumcraft is pretty resource intensive. I'm not saying you can't run it, but I am saying you should be careful with what else you put in it.

I think the DW20 pack for 1.7.10 should meet your needs. You can check it out, at any rate.