can a big reactor be dangerous?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

rungok

Jul 29, 2019
IIRC this ia not yet implemented eighter. At least I didn't see it happen yet.
Oh. Im playing 1.7.10 still if you mean version 1.8. I haven't blown up my turbine yet but... you know. Stuff happens.

eric167

Jul 29, 2019
Can kill your desire to build any other power supply.
unless you have reactorcraft installed. seeing what a well-built fission reactor or even the simplest fusion reactor can output will kill your desire for a BigReactor reactor.
ALL OF THE TERAWATTS!!

*of course, the ReC reactors will melt and/or explode if you mistreat them.

Reactions: Fraction2

McJty

Over-Achiever
Mod Developer
May 13, 2014
twitter.com
Turbines will blow up if they are over something like 2000 rpm for too long.

As was mentioned earlier that's not implemented either. Unless it was sneakily implemented without telling everyone. It is planned however.

twisto51

Jul 29, 2019
unless you have reactorcraft installed. seeing what a well-built fission reactor or even the simplest fusion reactor can output will kill your desire for a BigReactor reactor.
ALL OF THE TERAWATTS!!

That is only half of it. The other half is ease of assembly/operation/automation. Initial setup is relatively easy, expansion is easy, automation is easy. I build my first reactor on real world day 2 or 3 in non-gregtech packs. Make it bigger a day or two later. Add a turbine a day or two later. Stick a a laser drill, pulverizor, and furnace on it a day later. Then I forget about it because it needs nothing further from me to keep running indefinitely.

I don't even bother with reactor/turbine glass unless I can loot it, just make them with casings. Build it, forget about it. :)

PhoenixSmith

Jul 29, 2019
That is only half of it. The other half is ease of assembly/operation/automation. Initial setup is relatively easy, expansion is easy, automation is easy. I build my first reactor on real world day 2 or 3 in non-gregtech packs. Make it bigger a day or two later. Add a turbine a day or two later. Stick a a laser drill, pulverizor, and furnace on it a day later. Then I forget about it because it needs nothing further from me to keep running indefinitely.

I don't even bother with reactor/turbine glass unless I can loot it, just make them with casings. Build it, forget about it. :)
Building a ReactorCraft reactors can't be that hard right....

tJhJc2i.png

vcDjPB0.png

maxresdefault.jpg

Oh....

I love BR personally. The no explosions thing fits well with TE and RF as a whole vs how EU worked. Also trying to find the most efficient ways to make one is a ton of fun, and they are so cheap to make huge! :p

Eruantien

Jul 29, 2019
Building a ReactorCraft reactors can't be that hard right....

tJhJc2i.png

vcDjPB0.png

maxresdefault.jpg

Oh....

I love BR personally. The no explosions thing fits well with TE and RF as a whole vs how EU worked. Also trying to find the most efficient ways to make one is a ton of fun, and they are so cheap to make huge! :p
But you can make CIRCLES