Closed Can’t craft Hybrid Solar Panel (and Quantum solar panel)

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

DrParanoia

Summary of the problem: Can’t craft Hybrid Solar Panel (and Quantum solar panel)

Pack Version: 1.3.0 and 1.4.0 betas

What is the bug?: It's impossible to craft a Hybrid Solar Panel (from Advanced Solar Panels) because the recipe only accepts Iridium Reinforced Plate from Industrial Craft (which is replaced by the Iridium-Plate from Thermal foundation). I think, that Quantum solar panel has the same problem. Thanks!

Mods: Advanced Solar Panels, Industrial Craft, Thermal Expansion

Is it repeatable?: All the time

Proposed fix: Modify the crafting recepie to produce IC2 Reinforced iridium plates. Currently the same recepie produces Thermal Expansion iridium plates which is not needed at all since TE Iridium Plates already have a much simpler crafting method!

Code:
#fix Reinforced iridium plate
recipes.remove(<thermalfoundation:material:327>);
recipes.addShaped(<ic2:crafting:4>, [[<ore:oreIridium>, <ic2:crafting:3>, <ore:oreIridium>], [<ic2:crafting:3>, <ore:gemDiamond>, <ic2:crafting:3>], [<ore:oreIridium>, <ic2:crafting:3>, <ore:oreIridium>]]);

Last edited:

5cript

Jul 29, 2019
This is my personal fix:

Code:
mods.techreborn.implosionCompressor.removeRecipe(<thermalfoundation:material:327>);
mods.techreborn.implosionCompressor.removeRecipe(<techreborn:ingot:22>);
mods.techreborn.implosionCompressor.addRecipe(<ic2:crafting:4>, <techreborn:dust:15> * 4, <techreborn:ingot:22>, <ic2:te:1> * 16, 40, 32);
recipes.addShaped(<techreborn:part:1>, [[<ic2:crafting:2>, <techreborn:part:2>, <ic2:crafting:2>], [<techreborn:part:2>, <ore:ingotIridium>, <techreborn:part:2>], [<ic2:crafting:2>, <techreborn:part:2>, <ic2:crafting:2>]]);
recipes.addShaped(<techreborn:ingot:22>, [[<ore:ingotIridium>, <ic2:crafting:3>, <ore:ingotIridium>], [<ic2:crafting:3>, <ic2:dust:5>, <ic2:crafting:3>], [<ore:ingotIridium>, <ic2:crafting:3>, <ore:ingotIridium>]]);

It replaces the thermal expansion plate in the implosion compressor recipe with the industrial craft 2 plate. This is in my opinion much better than replacing all other recipes to use the thermal expansion plate which is ridiculously cheap.
It also fixes the issue with the advanced circuits in this one recipe

D

DrParanoia

Hey, thanks for your fix, but I came up with my own for now.

Code:
#fix Reinforced iridium plate
recipes.remove(<thermalfoundation:material:327>);
recipes.addShaped(<ic2:crafting:4>, [[<ore:oreIridium>, <ic2:crafting:3>, <ore:oreIridium>], [<ic2:crafting:3>, <ore:gemDiamond>, <ic2:crafting:3>], [<ore:oreIridium>, <ic2:crafting:3>, <ore:oreIridium>]]);

I actually tried replacing the recepie to use Thermal expansion plates (since it's crafting recepie is exactly the same) and remove the simple crafting of said plates from all compressors. It was a good plan until I found out, that MineTweaker does not support current Thermal Expansion so I failed to remove the recepie from Compactor. Anyway, this fix is a lot simpler and cleaner IMO.

5cript

Jul 29, 2019
With my fix I went the TechReborn native route, which is, as a GregTech fan, the best route :D
One of my remove recipe lines is wrong and superflous, but I was to lazy to figure out which one.

D

DrParanoia

Well I'm fairly new to mod packs :D Beyond is only my second playthrough after Infinity Lite so I never used Tech Reborn

S

Steve sutton

Excuse my ignorance. But do these fixes leave the TE iridium plate recipe in the game but add the plate in question? Also the TE iridium you dig up can that be used or is it purely the shards you find and replicate ?

5cript

Jul 29, 2019
Mine adds the Industrial Craft Plate, so it can be crafted and leave everything else as is (TE plate still craftable etc).
They also accept any Iridium Ingot.
Mine uses the Implosion Compressor to craft them.

EDIT: his removes them as far as I understand.

Last edited:
Reactions: Steve sutton
D

DrParanoia

TE Iridium plates can be crafted simply by compressing an Iridium ingot (a very cheap way).

My fix makes it so that 4x Advanced alloys, 4x iridium ores and a diamond recipe produces IC2 Reinforced Iridium plates instead on TE plates (don't know why it produces TE plates, si that fixes it).

So basically both plates are still there.

S

Steve sutton

I don't really remember seeing an implosion compressor but I'll take a look when I'm home. You say they accept any ingot but it's the ore that's used right? So will the TE iridium ore be accepted for ic2 reinforced plates? Sorry if you guys did answer that but didn't seem too clear. I suppose I could try them both see which I prefer.

I would like to use a recipe that makes it as hard as was intended to make quantum solars.
Also thanks for the fast replies

D

DrParanoia

I don't really remember seeing an implosion compressor but I'll take a look when I'm home. You say they accept any ingot but it's the ore that's used right? So will the TE iridium ore be accepted for ic2 reinforced plates? Sorry if you guys did answer that but didn't seem too clear. I suppose I could try them both see which I prefer.

I would like to use a recipe that makes it as hard as was intended to make quantum solars.
Also thanks for the fast replies

You can use TE Compactor to compress an Iridium ingot into a TE Iridium Plate. And yes, with my fix, the IC2 Iridium Reinforced Plates can be crafted using the TE iridium ore.

Reactions: Steve sutton

5cript

Jul 29, 2019
I don't really remember seeing an implosion compressor but I'll take a look when I'm home. You say they accept any ingot but it's the ore that's used right? So will the TE iridium ore be accepted for ic2 reinforced plates?
Oh yeah, I now realise that going with the TechReborn recipe, which uses Ingots instead of ores for the iridium alloy ingot, is a little strong, if paired with the pyro concentrator, which quadrupels the ore...

The following uses ores instead of ingots.
Code:
# IC2 Iridium Plates for TechReborn Implosion Compressor
mods.techreborn.implosionCompressor.removeRecipe(<thermalfoundation:material:327>);
#mods.techreborn.implosionCompressor.removeRecipe(<techreborn:ingot:22>);
mods.techreborn.implosionCompressor.addRecipe(<ic2:crafting:4>, <techreborn:dust:15> * 4, <techreborn:ingot:22>, <ic2:te:1> * 16, 40, 32);
recipes.addShaped(<techreborn:ingot:22>, [[<ore:oreIridium>, <ic2:crafting:3>, <ore:oreIridium>], [<ic2:crafting:3>, <ic2:dust:5>, <ic2:crafting:3>], [<ore:oreIridium>, <ic2:crafting:3>, <ore:oreIridium>]]);

# Data Control Circuit fix
recipes.addShaped(<techreborn:part:1>, [[<ic2:crafting:2>, <techreborn:part:2>, <ic2:crafting:2>], [<techreborn:part:2>, <ore:ingotIridium>, <techreborn:part:2>], [<ic2:crafting:2>, <techreborn:part:2>, <ic2:crafting:2>]]);

EDIT: I would prefer ingots, if it werent for the ore multiplication. Iridium is a little messed up in this pack :/

Reactions: phit
Status
Not open for further replies.