CAMERA STUDIO

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Gilliam

Jul 29, 2019
So running dire wolf20 1.6 and try install client side the camera studio mod through mod file on the Ftb launcher but after about 30 seconds the game crashed.
PASTEBIN http://pastebin.com/UV1rJ1mM

Could someone please help me or suggest an alternative for smooth in game cinematics ?

Thanks

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019
CamStudio has 2 files. There is the base mod, which allows you to record as if you were recording with any other recording software while playing. Then there is the 3rd person recorder file, which allows you to have a "camera" that will record what you do but not as 1st person (e.g. when you see people do timelapses)

Also, CamStudio works with and without forge, not sure if it has 2 different mod files. Just check you have the correct files :)

Gilliam

Jul 29, 2019
Yup. Definitely the 1.6 version. All I do is through the launcher is add the mod in zip format. I've tried directly adding the file, both zipped and unzipped in the mod file but all I get is a Java lang error and game crashes. Strangely it did load in once but when I tried to join my server to test it it said I was missing every mod from the pack

DarkIron987

Jul 29, 2019
Yup. Definitely the 1.6 version. All I do is through the launcher is add the mod in zip format. I've tried directly adding the file, both zipped and unzipped in the mod file but all I get is a Java lang error and game crashes. Strangely it did load in once but when I tried to join my server to test it it said I was missing every mod from the pack
I have always had problems with that software. To do it without the mod go to your mouse settings. My mouse has a setting that makes it slow but speeds up the faster it is moving. If you don't have that slow down your mouse and use creative mode. Hope that helps.

DarkIron987

Jul 29, 2019
Well I downloaded the mod And the dependant file but tbh didn't play around with it that much. thing is any tutorial I hVe seen all tell you to install in minecraft jar file and delete meta.inf
Hmmm. Well come back here after you play around with the mod a little.

Gilliam

Jul 29, 2019
If
Hmmm. Well come back here after you play around with the mod a little.
If I could actually get it working.
What I meant was attempting various install methods or through the launcher or directly adding to mod folder in both compressed and non zipped files

DarkIron987

Jul 29, 2019
If

If I could actually get it working.
What I meant was attempting various install methods or through the launcher or directly adding to mod folder in both compressed and non zipped files
From my research the mod is broken. I might be wrong, but if I were you I would stop trying to install it. Why are you using it for anyways?

buggirlexpres

Relatable Gamer
Trusted User
Retired Staff
Nov 24, 2012
she/her
twitter.com
Well I downloaded the mod And the dependant file but tbh didn't play around with it that much. thing is any tutorial I hVe seen all tell you to install in minecraft jar file and delete meta.inf
So Forge is installed, and you've placed the unzipped files (Forge mod version, and the dependency) in the mods folder?

Reactions: Kill-Joy

Gilliam

Jul 29, 2019
So Forge is installed, and you've placed the unzipped files (Forge mod version, and the dependency) in the mods folder?
When I downloaded the mod folder for studio it had (from memory) 4 separate files. I assumed they all stay in the sub folder as it was downloaded and a

I'm trying to do this through the ftb launcher. Can I assume the forge version is the right one that comes pre loaded ?[DOUBLEPOST=1414075491][/DOUBLEPOST]
CamStudio has 2 files. There is the base mod, which allows you to record as if you were recording with any other recording software while playing. Then there is the 3rd person recorder file, which allows you to have a "camera" that will record what you do but not as 1st person (e.g. when you see people do timelapses)

Also, CamStudio works with and without forge, not sure if it has 2 different mod files. Just check you have the correct files :)
So am I not meant to use every file from the download ?

Last edited:

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019
When I downloaded the mod folder for studio it had (from memory) 4 separate files. I assumed they all stay in the sub folder as it was downloaded and a

I'm trying to do this through the ftb launcher. Can I assume the forge version is the right one that comes pre loaded ?[DOUBLEPOST=1414075491][/DOUBLEPOST]
So am I not meant to use every file from the download ?
maybe you have the wrong version?

Is it in the mods folder?

And do you have this file?

Gilliam

Jul 29, 2019
Ok so gonna bump this. Still not managed to get it to work and have even tried to install through vanilla with forge but still hitting a brick wall. Could anyone who has succeeded i installing this mod please help me. Id love to be able to create cinematic content for things I'm working on. PLEASE :)

Evaninho94

Jul 29, 2019
Camera studio is a mod that doesn't like other mods most of the time. This mod is the most annoying mod to install i would just leave it.

pc_assassin

Jul 29, 2019
I know its not very practical for most people but you can buy an alt account and set it to creative and use that as a camera

----------------------------------------------------
Sent From Something That You Won't Care About Using Tapatalk 2

Evaninho94

Jul 29, 2019
I know its not very practical for most people but you can buy an alt account and set it to creative and use that as a camera

----------------------------------------------------
Sent From Something That You Won't Care About Using Tapatalk 2

I won a second account on a giveaway sooooo...... not too bad for meeeee

Gilliam

Jul 29, 2019
Ok i went back to scratch and installed a new 1.6 minecraft (non modded) version and then run a forge profile. added Camera studio and the dependancy files and yes it works so Evaninho is spot on. I would assume 90% of peoples issues with this mod is trying to run it side by side with other mods. I then successfully installed optifine and shaders so yes all good. Thank you for everyone who has input to this thread.

Reactions: pc_assassin