Cake Factory

Adonis0

Jul 29, 2019
@kaovalin : You could solve your problem with a supplier pipe. Have the pipe keep one stack of each ingredient in the cake-assembler and its inventory won't clog. The ingredients would then be stored elsewhere (e.g. the flour in the output slot of the ca making it) and provided by provider pipes. As an aditional bonus you will have access to the ingredients for other purposes (e.g. the sugar canes for making paper)
or you could use a golem to keep it filled.
Or translocators
The possibilities are endless!

Reactions: PierceSG

Adonis0

Jul 29, 2019
Is that what translocators are good for? Lol I always looked at them like y u exist?
They're incredible for block to block transfer
They can only connect things across one block space, but they do so incredibly fast, and they can also be good for sorting, if you put a redstone dust on one, it will firstly be activated by a redstone signal if you want to disable that option, but two will cause it to become the last choice destination.

Another function is to keep inventories stocked, with a diamond nugget upgrade, it will either keep an inventory stocked with a particular level of item, or will transport the excess above a certain level out of the inventory.
(Can do that for liquids too)

._.
And that's the whole mod afaik

TheAwesomater

Jul 29, 2019
Or translocators
The possibilities are endless!

Nice to know there are so many ways, although I don't know if translocaters were in monster last time I checked, which was a while ago. Another question: Is there any way to speed up the harvester? I have one harvesting a 9x9 field of sugar cane on crops and it doesn't 'notice' when the sugar cane is grown very quickly. Can I somehow improve this?

PierceSG

Jul 29, 2019
Nice to know there are so many ways, although I don't know if translocaters were in monster last time I checked, which was a while ago. Another question: Is there any way to speed up the harvester? I have one harvesting a 9x9 field of sugar cane on crops and it doesn't 'notice' when the sugar cane is grown very quickly. Can I somehow improve this?
By having a smaller farm.
The Harvester works by scanning the farm plot square by square to check for matured crops (or growth of the cactus/sugarcane).
And I like mine 9x9, for a lot of reasons.
Water source block effective area is one of them.
Keeping my farm small is another.
So to make it work faster than it is now, you can either downsize the plot or add more harvesters. Maybe have 4 working on one 9x9 farm?
Sent from my GT-N8020 using Tapatalk

TheAwesomater

Jul 29, 2019
By having a smaller farm.
The Harvester works by scanning the farm plot square by square to check for matured crops (or growth of the cactus/sugarcane).
And I like mine 9x9, for a lot of reasons.
Water source block effective area is one of them.
Keeping my farm small is another.
So to make it work faster than it is now, you can either downsize the plot or add more harvesters. Maybe have 4 working on one 9x9 farm?
Sent from my GT-N8020 using Tapatalk

OK thank you, I might try adding another harvester to the farm, and see if that helps, given that I will now be trying to make cake and run reactant dynamos off the sugar cane farm.

Adonis0

Jul 29, 2019
OK thank you, I might try adding another harvester to the farm, and see if that helps, given that I will now be trying to make cake and run reactant dynamos off the sugar cane farm.
Something to note, you won't actually be increasing your power draw by much if you add more harvesters as they only draw power upon taking action. So it's not a bad option

TheAwesomater

Jul 29, 2019
Something to note, you won't actually be increasing your power draw by much if you add more harvesters as they only draw power upon taking action. So it's not a bad option
Yeah it does sound good, although actually my power will still increase because I am actually harvesting more sugar cane. Still, I have enough power to deal with that :).

Adonis0

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah it does sound good, although actually my power will still increase because I am actually harvesting more sugar cane. Still, I have enough power to deal with that :).
;P
I already acknowledged it will be increasing, just not by much.