Cake Factory

TheAwesomater

Jul 29, 2019
OK so I am trying to create a cake factory in FTB monster for 240rf/t in a culinary generator. I have two questions.
1. Is it possible to milk a cow with an autonomous activator without the activator putting down the milk as a liquid?
2a. If it is, does a cyclic assembler auto eject used buckets?
2b. If it is not possible to milk the cow then how should I craft the cake using liquid milk: MFR liquicrafter or cyclic assembler again?

Thank you for reading this,
That awesome guy (theawesomater)

EDIT: Apparently the cyclic assembler works with liquid milk so I will use this.

Last edited:

ThatOneSlowking

Jul 29, 2019
Use MFR Rancher to harvest milk from cows, fluiduct it into a fluid transposer, transpose the milk into buckets

PierceSG

Jul 29, 2019
You could with TE3's Cyclic Assembler. Just need to supply the assembler with sugar and wheat as well as piping milk into it.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Reactions: TheAwesomater

TheAwesomater

Jul 29, 2019
You could with TE3's Cyclic Assembler. Just need to supply the assembler with sugar and wheat as well as piping milk into it.

OK thank you very much I will try this in my world. Does the liquicrafter also need a redstone signal if I were to use it?

PierceSG

Jul 29, 2019
I'm not too sure about the liquicrafter but the cyclic assembler, like all TE3 machined, can be set to ignore redstone signal, requiring low or high signal. Also, the cyclic assembler requires RF to work but the power requirement is pretty low at only 2 rf per craft.

Adonis0

Jul 29, 2019
I'm not too sure about the liquicrafter but the cyclic assembler, like all TE3 machined, can be set to ignore redstone signal, requiring low or high signal. Also, the cyclic assembler requires RF to work but the power requirement is pretty low at only 2 rf per craft.

I think they're talking about the liquicrafter from MFR, I don't believe TE 3 has one (Not one I could find in NEI just then)
Misread post, ignore comment

Last edited:

kaovalin

Jul 29, 2019
I'm doing this exact same thing so I can give some insight into how I get it done. I have one cyclic assembler making cakes for 16 culunary generators. Even at full speed, the CA doesnt quite keep up with the culinary generators fuel requirements. I may add an additional one or two.

Milk: I am using ranchers as suggested above. I have a 10x10 area for the cows (I dont like small pens for animals) allowing them to move around but still be near enough to the range of one of the three ranchers circling the pen (5x5 area in front of them IIRC). I dont have perfect coverage, but the milk production is more than what I use as full speed right now. I would say I had about 25-35 cows in the pen. Each cow has a cooldown time before the rancher can milk them again which is the reason why I have as many as I do.

You didnt ask but for others who might be attempting this as well here is what I have so far...

Eggs: On the top floor of my base there is a chicken coup with about 30-40 chickens. The eggs drop on the floor and get sucked up by vacuum hoppers.

Wheat: Basic wheat farm with a small twist. I have MFR handling the planting and havesting. The watering is done by a sprinkler sitting on a tesseract. The tesseract sends it water and bonemeal. There is no actual water source block so the sprinkler is the only thing hydrating the soil. Back at cow pen I have a sewer taking the animal waste and piping it over to the wheat farm to create fertilizer via the composter. The wheat then gets sent to a CA to convert it strait to wheat flour before storing by the cake maker.

Sugar: Basic harvester/sugar setup. I have overflow going to a set of coke ovens so I can get sugar charcoal and subsequently sugar coke. I need creosote for making rails as well so why not.

I plan to have a computercraft program to control the CA making the cakes so that when one of the ingredients runs low, the CA wont use it all up and subsequently have its inventory slots filled with other items until there is no more room for the one running low. As of now the CA will halt after 8ish hours of operation as the least highest production ingredient runs low and gets pushed out as a result of other items filling the slots in the CA. I could potentially use AE to manage this but AE costs more energy on my server to operate (x2-x4 default). I avoid using it for automating power production to keep efficiency higher. I could overproduce the ingredients but I dont like voiding items or having my buffers back up. Makes for a very unhappy server. If you are still reading this, gold star.

Reactions: arthur.rogers.9678

PierceSG

Jul 29, 2019
The watering is done by a sprinkler sitting on a tesseract. The tesseract sends it water and bonemeal. There is no actual water source block so the sprinkler is the only thing hydrating the soil.
That is pretty ingenious. With that, my farm should be a lot more compact since I could get rid of the itemducts and just go with tesseracts on my planter and a sprinkler on top. Having the tesseract feeds water and bonemeal into my sprinkler while feeding seeds into my planter. Another tesseract to take in the products from the harvester. All the while providing power to both the planter and harvester. So wow. Much compact. Very appreciation.

Sent from my GT-N8020 using Tapatalk

Reactions: kaovalin

kaovalin

Jul 29, 2019
That is pretty ingenious. With that, my farm should be a lot more compact since I could get rid of the itemducts and just go with tesseracts on my planter and a sprinkler on top. Having the tesseract feeds water and bonemeal into my sprinkler while feeding seeds into my planter. Another tesseract to take in the products from the harvester. All the while providing power to both the planter and harvester. So wow. Much compact. Very appreciation.

Sent from my GT-N8020 using Tapatalk

I see you noticed my little easter egg ;). I use so many tesseracts I might as well make my floor out of them.

TheAwesomater

Jul 29, 2019
I'm doing this exact same thing so I can give some insight into how I get it done. I have one cyclic assembler making cakes for 16 culunary generators. Even at full speed, the CA doesnt quite keep up with the culinary generators fuel requirements. I may add an additional one or two.

Milk: I am using ranchers as suggested above. I have a 10x10 area for the cows (I dont like small pens for animals) allowing them to move around but still be near enough to the range of one of the three ranchers circling the pen (5x5 area in front of them IIRC). I dont have perfect coverage, but the milk production is more than what I use as full speed right now. I would say I had about 25-35 cows in the pen. Each cow has a cooldown time before the rancher can milk them again which is the reason why I have as many as I do.

You didnt ask but for others who might be attempting this as well here is what I have so far...

Eggs: On the top floor of my base there is a chicken coup with about 30-40 chickens. The eggs drop on the floor and get sucked up by vacuum hoppers.

Wheat: Basic wheat farm with a small twist. I have MFR handling the planting and havesting. The watering is done by a sprinkler sitting on a tesseract. The tesseract sends it water and bonemeal. There is no actual water source block so the sprinkler is the only thing hydrating the soil. Back at cow pen I have a sewer taking the animal waste and piping it over to the wheat farm to create fertilizer via the composter. The wheat then gets sent to a CA to convert it strait to wheat flour before storing by the cake maker.

Sugar: Basic harvester/sugar setup. I have overflow going to a set of coke ovens so I can get sugar charcoal and subsequently sugar coke. I need creosote for making rails as well so why not.

I plan to have a computercraft program to control the CA making the cakes so that when one of the ingredients runs low, the CA wont use it all up and subsequently have its inventory slots filled with other items until there is no more room for the one running low. As of now the CA will halt after 8ish hours of operation as the least highest production ingredient runs low and gets pushed out as a result of other items filling the slots in the CA. I could potentially use AE to manage this but AE costs more energy on my server to operate (x2-x4 default). I avoid using it for automating power production to keep efficiency higher. I could overproduce the ingredients but I dont like voiding items or having my buffers back up. Makes for a very unhappy server. If you are still reading this, gold star.

Thanks for the guide. It's useful to know about the cyclic assembler and I may have to get into AE or logistics pipes to solve it.

I'm doing this exact same thing so I can give some insight into how I get it done. I have one cyclic assembler making cakes for 16 culunary generators.

I'm not sure I will need that many generators at the moment, 3840 rf/t is a little room much for me :)[DOUBLEPOST=1396944079][/DOUBLEPOST]
I see you noticed my little easter egg ;). I use so many tesseracts I might as well make my floor out of them.

Nice trick :)

epidemia78

Jul 29, 2019
I was gonna make a cake factory but I got sidetracked with my creeper torture room project. A cake factory in the middle of a giant underground lake of chocolate milk, where it rains cookies. Will use a buildcraft floodgate to fill the lake, and set up some kind of infinite loop for the cookie rain.

Sidorion

Jul 29, 2019
@kaovalin : You could solve your problem with a supplier pipe. Have the pipe keep one stack of each ingredient in the cake-assembler and its inventory won't clog. The ingredients would then be stored elsewhere (e.g. the flour in the output slot of the ca making it) and provided by provider pipes. As an aditional bonus you will have access to the ingredients for other purposes (e.g. the sugar canes for making paper)