Mod Feedback [By Request] RotaryCraft Suggestions

RavynousHunter

Jul 29, 2019
The turbines themselves are fairly simple to make, but getting them adequate fuel is another thing entirely. Automating the production of jet fuel can be a real headache, lemme tell ya. You also have trouble with creating auto-shutoff systems with the jet engines since they take time (and fuel) to spin up to maximum output. Besides, are blaze rods even that useful? I mean, they might've been back in the 1.5 days to power solid-fuel boilers in Railcraft, but I honestly can't think of a single, non-crafting use for them outside producing jet fuel and maybe XU generators. However, for the latter, its much, much easier to just make a charcoal farm to feed them than it is t make a blaze farm, at least, it is in my experience. Then again, I prefer farming to mob harvesting, so I'm a little biased in that area...

abculatter_2

Jul 29, 2019
Probably have a point there. Even blaze spawners are high enough yielding that you're never really in need of blaze rods.
Also, Rotarycraft has a spawner controller, which allows you to not only spawn them without you having to be there but also allows you to speed up the spawning to completely ridiculous amounts.

PierceSG

Jul 29, 2019
Yup. Blaze rods are of much limited use in modded minecraft these days when you think of it. It has its uses but not so much that you want a DSU for it.

Off my head, few things that I would use a blaze rod for would probably be Ender Storage's Ender chest, brewing stand and stuffs that uses blaze powder.

abculatter_2

Jul 29, 2019
Railcraft blast furnaces, Praecantatio, Jet Fuel, Compressing into glowstone...
Not to mention it's also good for burning in furnaces and steam boilers, especially at the above-mentioned ridiculous amounts of spawning possible with RoC. And even better if you add bedrock sword kill mechanisms...

RavynousHunter

Jul 29, 2019
Railcraft blast furnaces, Praecantatio, Jet Fuel, Compressing into glowstone...
Not to mention it's also good for burning in furnaces and steam boilers, especially at the above-mentioned ridiculous amounts of spawning possible with RoC. And even better if you add bedrock sword kill mechanisms...

DEAR GOD. I think Better Chests does that last one. Can you believe I've never tried that? I should, it'd be a nice change over MFR. Not that I don't like MFR, but everyone and their dog does it and using a bedrock sword to auto-farm mobs would be OP as hell. I LOVE IT!

Reactions: abculatter_2

Demosthenex

Jul 29, 2019
DEAR GOD. I think Better Chests does that last one. Can you believe I've never tried that? I should, it'd be a nice change over MFR. Not that I don't like MFR, but everyone and their dog does it and using a bedrock sword to auto-farm mobs would be OP as hell. I LOVE IT!

Just use the RoC Mob Harvester, and enchant it with Looting V.

abculatter_2

Jul 29, 2019
Which mods let you go past the normal enchanting limit to get a Looting V book?
I would try combining looting books up to it. I would assume Rotarycraft uses the actual looting V enchant rather than adding something called that, so just combining vanilla books should work. Dunno if it'll give that just from straight enchanting, though.

Exadi

Jul 29, 2019
I would try combining looting books up to it. I would assume Rotarycraft uses the actual looting V enchant rather than adding something called that, so just combining vanilla books should work. Dunno if it'll give that just from straight enchanting, though.
I tried vanilla anvils, 2 Looting III books = Looting III book.

Exadi

Jul 29, 2019
I did consider the possibility he was just posting an idea without actually knowing for sure if it's possible but I figured I might as well ask. And I assume there's no way to enchant the machine other than books.

abculatter_2

Jul 29, 2019
I did consider the possibility he was just posting an idea without actually knowing for sure if it's possible but I figured I might as well ask. And I assume there's no way to enchant the machine other than books.
I did say "I would try". :p
Sucks it doesn't work, though... What's another way one would get looting V without other mods?