Mod Feedback [By Request] RotaryCraft Suggestions

Demosthenex

Jul 29, 2019
I have spoken with Reika about this, and the answer was "Achievement get: Time to move."

Well I restricted the "cheap" Chickenchunks loaders to 4 hours because they have no ongoing cost. The Railcraft ones cost Ender Pearls and run all the time. I may have to swap out so I can have nuclear power.

Demosthenex

Jul 29, 2019
Can anyone recommend an FTB 1.7 modpack that includes Reika's mods? I saw a posting where BnB won't have them.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Nope, I haven't figured out a way to integrate one into a pack in a balanced fashion without it simply deprecating everything else tool and machine-wise.

RoC: Lots of fun but doesn't play nice with others (kitchen-sink packs notwithstanding of course)

ScorpioOld

Jul 29, 2019
Can anyone recommend an FTB 1.7 modpack that includes Reika's mods? I saw a posting where BnB won't have them.

I tried to add into Resurrection without any problem.
Finally, decided Direwolf20 pack 1.7 is better suited for my game style. For reactor craft in Direwolf20 pack 1.7 it is necessary to change config: I:"Radiation Effect ID"=50 or something like this.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Sounds like I'll have to roll my own again and get it in the launcher for my players.
Good luck sir. IIRC Reika has implemented a configuration option to let you gate the entry into RoC using material(s) of your choice. You may find that somewhat handy for balancing (since I know you prefer a rather hard-mode experience in many respects on your servers)

Demosthenex

Jul 29, 2019
Good luck sir. IIRC Reika has implemented a configuration option to let you gate the entry into RoC using material(s) of your choice. You may find that somewhat handy for balancing (since I know you prefer a rather hard-mode experience in many respects on your servers)

I sort of wish Reika (or another contributor) had a pack that specifically featured RotaryCraft and Reika's other mods.

Azzanine

Jul 29, 2019
Reika's mods could probably be played by themselves, although I would feel compelled to add some sort of item logistic mod as I personally find RoC's method of item and fluid routing a tad clumsy. At least in comparison to mods that specialize in that area. Reika's pipes are at least better then BC pipes, (and a teeny weeny bit less ugly).
But that's just me.

Antaioz

Jul 29, 2019
Is there no intended way to get more than 268(ish)MW out of electricraft?
I'm getting to the point in game where reactorcraft is coming into the spotlight, and it's hard to imagine being able to use all the power I'll be making, especially when it means at least 4 auroral batteries in order to utilise a single turbine at max capacity.

I'm wanting to run extractors at 200+MW and borers at high speeds, and probably a whole bunch of other stuff soon. I have the resources, I'm just wondering if it's going to cost me thousands of diamonds for batteries...

I know Pyure had a setup 6 or 7 months a go that only used one auroral battery. That couldn't have really run much could it?

Is there a way people set this stuff up that I'm missing, do people just not use that much power usually, or does everyone who ventures into reactorcraft use loads of auroral batteries?

Last edited:

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Is there no intended way to get more than 268(ish)MW out of electricraft?
I'm getting to the point in game where reactorcraft is coming into the spotlight, and it's hard to imagine being able to use all the power I'll be making, especially when it means at least 4 auroral batteries in order to utilise a single turbine at max capacity.

I'm wanting to run extractors at 200+MW and borers at high speeds, and probably a whole bunch of other stuff soon. I have the resources, I'm just wondering if it's going to cost me thousands of diamonds for batteries...

I know Pyuure had a setup 6 or 7 months a go that only used one auroral battery. That couldn't have really run much could it?

Is there a way people set this stuff up that I'm missing, do people just not use that much power usually, or does everyone who ventures into reactorcraft use loads of auroral batteries?
With the level of industry you're talking about, its possible a single Auroral couldn't cut it.

For my own: a single extractor run properly can keep up with an awful lot of mining, particularly if you extract stuff as you need it and store the rest as ore until you do (which is more efficient anyway.) For instance if I already have 100k iron, I just stop extracting iron for a while. And as you know they're way more energy efficient if you set them up properly.

Also: borers don't really consume much energy. With efficiency upgrades, they're ridiculously cheap. They won't consume much of your power at all.

And really, there just wasn't many things that were "always" running, other than a few disconnected farming things running off their own perpetual motion machines (DC engines, etc). The borers and some nuclear infrastructure are running 100% of the time, the extractors running 80% of the time, and the rest are mostly on-and-off as required for the most part.

Antaioz

Jul 29, 2019
With the level of industry you're talking about, its possible a single Auroral couldn't cut it.

For my own: a single extractor run properly can keep up with an awful lot of mining, particularly if you extract stuff as you need it and store the rest as ore until you do (which is more efficient anyway.) For instance if I already have 100k iron, I just stop extracting iron for a while. And as you know they're way more energy efficient if you set them up properly.

Also: borers don't really consume much energy. With efficiency upgrades, they're ridiculously cheap. They won't consume much of your power at all.

And really, there just wasn't many things that were "always" running, other than a few disconnected farming things running off their own perpetual motion machines (DC engines, etc). The borers and some nuclear infrastructure are running 100% of the time, the extractors running 80% of the time, and the rest are mostly on-and-off as required for the most part.

I've been using high power for the extractor mainly because I didn't want to use a timer and a toggle switch of some sort, it slows things down more than my liking. Is there a way to remove the middle stage products from the extractor, to switch between two different extractors or something? Every time I try I only get the flakes out, but if I can use two extractors for different stages, then I only need 16MW x 2 extractors to run top speed. Otherwise I'm either stuck with a toggle, or huge power usage.

I thought the borer took quite a bit of power. For torque the book says that it's 512Nm for harder materials, but even when I had one on 4096Nm it kept getting stuck (rather randomly). Looking for an answer I stumbled on a wiki page that said the torque was per block, not per slice, and that seemed to make sense with the bore getting stuck randomly whilst having what would've seemed like loads of torque. I haven't gotten to test much further than that yet, since the next test was going to be supplying TONS of torque to see if it still gets stuck. Could you offer any insights?

It still seems a bit odd to me that the top tier battery can't output energy at anywhere near the level that you're producing it, at the stage you'd make one. With a 20GW reactor setup, you'd need 80 batteries, (41k diamonds) to keep up with it if you actually wanted to use it all. The way batteries inputs/storage/outputs are setup it seems that when using batteries and reactors, you'd charge up the batteries every once in a while, then you'd be set for power for days/weeks at a time between reactor runs.