Mod Feedback [By Request] RotaryCraft Suggestions

Demosthenex

Jul 29, 2019
Anyone had issues with spawner controllers running in parallel? I have a 8 way junction split (3 layers in a tree layout) from a microturbine at full power across 8 spawner controllers, which are getting 256k R each. However it appears only blazes are spawning. Has anyone else had issues?

One item one of my players noticed and that I could duplicate was that the spawner controller only takes input from a shaft, not a bevel or junction.

EyeDeck

Apr 16, 2013
One item one of my players noticed and that I could duplicate was that the spawner controller only takes input from a shaft, not a bevel or junction.
I remember pulling my hair out for a good hour trying to figure out why the shaft network I set up to run a jet fuel factory wasn't working. Eventually I discovered that shaft junctions won't output to a gearbox, only bevel gears, shafts and other junctions.

Reika

RotaryCraft Dev
FTB Mod Dev
Sep 3, 2013
Toronto, Canada
sites.google.com
Anyone had issues with spawner controllers running in parallel? I have a 8 way junction split (3 layers in a tree layout) from a microturbine at full power across 8 spawner controllers, which are getting 256k R each. However it appears only blazes are spawning. Has anyone else had issues?

Blase spawners outpace other spawners for unknown reasons.

I remember pulling my hair out for a good hour trying to figure out why the shaft network I set up to run a jet fuel factory wasn't working. Eventually I discovered that shaft junctions won't output to a gearbox, only bevel gears, shafts and other junctions.
Fixed in v3.

Omega Haxors

Jul 29, 2019
I noticed some frustration when trying to set up a small railcraft steam network in my creative world.

Because reservoirs need to be covered in order to prevent light fluids from escaping and rain from filling the reservoir, it can make placing these a complete hassle in some circumstances.

As soon as I place the reservoir it will leak steam and then fill up with rain. This wouldn't be a problem if you could craft a covered reservoir and/or spawn it in creative.

To add to the injury, mining a reservoir that's covered will give you an uncovered version. That means that if I want to move a storage unit of steam I would lose a large portion of it before I even have the chance to put the covers back on.

Goof

Feb 18, 2014
I have to ask, is the LN2 consumption of the tokamak tuned correctly? Being well into a 1.7.10 world, and most of the way through my third survival tokamak, I'm finding that the tokamak is consuming way more than the 3 buckets/second it was introduced as. I'm up to 9 refrigeration units operating full tilt at 1 operation per tick, 16 MW each, and I'm still nowhere near enough coolant production to adequately cool the toroid magnets. Am I intended to have to build dozens of max speed refrigeration units and fluid crystallizers to operate a fusion reactor?

I found I needed 130-140B/s to keep up, equates to around 55-60 units running at 11-12MW each. I believe 5.7KRad/s is the sweet spot for them.

You'll also need this many fluid crystallisers, or some other sort of ice generation setup capable of the crazy ice needs of such a setup :p

Last edited:

trajing

Jul 29, 2019
I found I needed 30B/s to keep up, equates to around 55-60 units running at 11-12MW each. I believe 5.7KRad/s is the sweet spot for them.

You'll also need this many fluid crystallisers, or some other sort of ice generation setup capable of the crazy ice needs of such a setup :p
How many people have that profile pic? :p

Reika

RotaryCraft Dev
FTB Mod Dev
Sep 3, 2013
Toronto, Canada
sites.google.com
I noticed some frustration when trying to set up a small railcraft steam network in my creative world.

Because reservoirs need to be covered in order to prevent light fluids from escaping and rain from filling the reservoir, it can make placing these a complete hassle in some circumstances.

As soon as I place the reservoir it will leak steam and then fill up with rain. This wouldn't be a problem if you could craft a covered reservoir and/or spawn it in creative.

To add to the injury, mining a reservoir that's covered will give you an uncovered version. That means that if I want to move a storage unit of steam I would lose a large portion of it before I even have the chance to put the covers back on.
I can make it keep its cover when broken. It is not possible to add NBT-sensitive crafting.
EDIT: Done.
16i3a3O.png

Last edited:

trajing

Jul 29, 2019
He called you an idiot.
Alright, so I got called an idiot by a person I don't know a thing about.
What's next on the list?
*Rerail*
Could I have a config option to turn off the lubricant requirement for turbines? I'm unsure if this is in already, but if not, I'd like it.

HeilMewTwo

Jul 29, 2019
Alright, so I got called an idiot by a person I don't know a thing about.
What's next on the list?
*Rerail*
Could I have a config option to turn off the lubricant requirement for turbines? I'm unsure if this is in already, but if not, I'd like it.
*Derail*

Don't worry he isn't exactly pleasant.

EyeDeck

Apr 16, 2013
I found I needed 30B/s to keep up, equates to around 55-60 units running at 11-12MW each. I believe 5.7KRad/s is the sweet spot for them.

Well, that's excessive.

Goof

Feb 18, 2014
Well, that's excessive.

After going back to the world, I remembered it was actually 130-140B/s. Not sure if that's actually the figure or if it's a bug with extra cells or the ME system. I might build another reactor with bedrock coolant pipes and see if it draws the same amount of coolant.

Still 'only' 55 refrigeration units though, it's doable in survival, but annoying. You need to dedicate nearly a whole LP turbine's worth of power to the plant.

Last edited:

JOBGG

Jul 29, 2019
Muahaha! I could actually setup a rain machine to force it to rain all the time, and use reservoirs for the reactor! Nevermind monsters will never die, we expect that. ;]

DEMOOOOOO!!!!!!!!! Well, allright, your silver iodine cannon against my sawdust spreader. Well, we'll have some intresting weather patterns in the future.

Reactions: Demosthenex

Reika

RotaryCraft Dev
FTB Mod Dev
Sep 3, 2013
Toronto, Canada
sites.google.com
After going back to the world, I remembered it was actually 130-140B/s. Not sure if that's actually the figure or if it's a bug with extra cells or the ME system. I might build another reactor with bedrock coolant pipes and see if it draws the same amount of coolant.

Still 'only' 55 refrigeration units though, it's doable in survival, but annoying. You need to dedicate nearly a whole LP turbine's worth of power to the plant.
I should change this.

Reactions: abculatter_2