Mod Feedback [By Request] RotaryCraft Suggestions

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Reika

RotaryCraft Dev
FTB Mod Dev
Sep 3, 2013
Toronto, Canada
sites.google.com
Had schemes for making tons of RoC ethanol, melting it and using it in Advanced Generators' gas turbines.

1. While bdew's site says it works with multiple kinds of ethanol, it won't accept RoC's

2. Had heard MFR's unifier could convert it to forestry ethanol: not currently working for me.

Advice? Options? Plans?

FYI magma crucible produces one tenth the liquid ethanol that the rock melter does, though I imagine that's on TE's end

Sent from my LG-H811 using Tapatalk
RC ethanol uses a different fluid name - to avoid conflicts - and as such is unlikely to be recognized.

MongrelVigor

Jul 29, 2019
1. Is there a fix that wouldn't require big rewrites or make something overpowered?

I saw in the change logs that you enabled it for te's compression dynamos, but I've always assumed that spamming those would make more lag than Advanced Generators heavily upgradable modular gas turbine that can make up to 25,000 rf each.

2. Would you be for or against bdew or team COFH making tweaks to enable the use and or conversion of RoC liquid ethanol in more than compression dynamos?

Reika

RotaryCraft Dev
FTB Mod Dev
Sep 3, 2013
Toronto, Canada
sites.google.com
1. Is there a fix that wouldn't require big rewrites or make something overpowered?

I saw in the change logs that you enabled it for te's compression dynamos, but I've always assumed that spamming those would make more lag than Advanced Generators heavily upgradable modular gas turbine that can make up to 25,000 rf each.

2. Would you be for or against bdew or team COFH making tweaks to enable the use and or conversion of RoC liquid ethanol in more than compression dynamos?

Why not just use a Rotational Dynamo?

MongrelVigor

Jul 29, 2019
I greatly enjoy ReactorCraft turbines and RoC gas turbines, but I've used them a lot and they make some other fun strategies obsolete.

So I had an idea for rotarycraft ethanol and the mods I already use: (you can probably skip these details if not interested)

Start with a tree farm. Wood to saw dust, leaves for ethanol. Saw dust made into charcoal (Thermal expansion) but cook with friction heater. Sludge will also cook with friction. XP orbs used by MFR to spawn cows, then turn them to liquid meat then more charcoal ( + orbs ). All charcoal is ground to facilitate heavy use of TE's phytogenic insolator to grow lots of sugar and vines for making tons of ethanol, and then using it as efficiently as possible (I'd think) with Advanced Generators.

I could use MFR biofuel, but it would be much more crop efficient to make and melt RoC ethanol. Just worry about lag if I spam compression dynamos

naJIa4

Jul 29, 2019
Why not just use a Rotational Dynamo?

Hi Reika!
maybe you did not see my reply? Do you remember I asked you about the disappearing "Extractor"?

I wrote

ok i off "removeErroringTileEntities" and when load world (with crashed extractor) and get

https://gist.github.com/anonymous/f24c5593deb6f24f8d4b

then i create new world and test extractor and get

https://gist.github.com/anonymous/015824a6c2c02412790f

What do you think about it?

(Today i test extractor without "electric age" mod and get crash again..)
https://gist.github.com/anonymous/c141a7fe5cf005f0f8e4

RavynousHunter

Jul 29, 2019
Advanced Generators might have a facility to allow you to Minetweak in fluids as fuels, but I'm not 100% on that. I'd have to check the code to be sure.

Reika

RotaryCraft Dev
FTB Mod Dev
Sep 3, 2013
Toronto, Canada
sites.google.com
Hi Reika!
maybe you did not see my reply? Do you remember I asked you about the disappearing "Extractor"?

I wrote

ok i off "removeErroringTileEntities" and when load world (with crashed extractor) and get

https://gist.github.com/anonymous/f24c5593deb6f24f8d4b

then i create new world and test extractor and get

https://gist.github.com/anonymous/015824a6c2c02412790f

What do you think about it?

(Today i test extractor without "electric age" mod and get crash again..)
https://gist.github.com/anonymous/c141a7fe5cf005f0f8e4
Some mod is registering an ore under different mutually exclusive names.

ChemE

Jul 29, 2019
I recall watching one of Reika's base tour videos and he had some cool looking decorative tanks...so far all I can do is craft them and upgrade them to glowing. How does one add fluid to them? Anyone know? The interwebs seem totally mute on this point or else my google-fu is weak.

Reika

RotaryCraft Dev
FTB Mod Dev
Sep 3, 2013
Toronto, Canada
sites.google.com
I recall watching one of Reika's base tour videos and he had some cool looking decorative tanks...so far all I can do is craft them and upgrade them to glowing. How does one add fluid to them? Anyone know? The interwebs seem totally mute on this point or else my google-fu is weak.
Use the filling station.

RavynousHunter

Jul 29, 2019
Actually had a question for ya, when you get a moment, Reika. Would you be adverse to a mod that weaponized certain things from both ReactorCraft and RotaryCraft? Like weaponized chlorine gas, nuclear weapons, conventional explosives including long-range tactical armaments (like howitzers), short-range defensive weapons (handheld RPG launchers, etc), and base defensive weaponry like claymore mines? I mean, it'd obviously come with a disclaimer that use of most of these things constitutes war crimes and all that, but I thought it'd be a neat thing for things like faction servers and adding variety to base defensive measures. A potential use of the latter would be something kind of like a steam grate that releases weaponized gases (like chlorine) with a redstone signal, which you could use in conjunction with a narrow hallway and password-protected door to kill intruders. Or, maybe use things like canister rounds for artillery to kill nasties in a tainted biome so you can clean it up.

Reactions: Lethosos

Celestialphoenix

Too Much Free Time
Nov 9, 2012
Tartarus.. I mean at work. Same thing really.
I'd be interested in the above if it had some [semi]realistic aiming which involves the player setting barrel inclination and orientation to hit [or miss] the desired target. If you've played Silent Hunter; kinda like aiming torpedoes- taking periscope readings to calculate distance ect...
The hard part would be working around Minecraft's very limited render distance (weapon range potentially an order of magnitude greater than render).

Theres a few other fairly decent weapons/warfare mods which rely rather heavily on 'click target/place block for big boom' ...yawn. This could be something a little different thats requires skill and knowledge to be used effectively.

Reactions: Lethosos

RavynousHunter

Jul 29, 2019
I'd be interested in the above if it had some [semi]realistic aiming which involves the player setting barrel inclination and orientation to hit [or miss] the desired target. If you've played Silent Hunter; kinda like aiming torpedoes- taking periscope readings to calculate distance ect...
The hard part would be working around Minecraft's very limited render distance (weapon range potentially an order of magnitude greater than render).

Theres a few other fairly decent weapons/warfare mods which rely rather heavily on 'click target/place block for big boom' ...yawn. This could be something a little different thats requires skill and knowledge to be used effectively.

Hm...maybe. I think laser targeting is mostly used for the reasons you pointed out: Minecraft's limited render distance makes proper aiming an issue. Maybe a compromise where you need some kind of aerial scouting machine that gives your targeting computers an overview of a general area. When you begin the targeting sequence, you get this interface kind of like a mix between MPS' interface and Opis' full-screen map rendering. You can only see what your aerials saw, but you still need to actually select a target. Maybe improve it with a radar tower of sorts that can, depending on power output, ping a large area periodically and send back more up-to-date targeting information. If nothing else, it'd be relatively realistic and you'd need to do more than build a hand-held dohicky that just relays targeting coordinates to a linked missile silo. That way, you'd have to solve the logistical problem of getting adequate power to your radar towers, defending said towers from hostile players, and targeting an area properly.

RavynousHunter

Jul 29, 2019
Map overview would work quite well- coordinates of target, coordinates of gun. Player is left to work out the bearing and distance (though bearing could cheesed using a waypoint marker).
Got a solution to that: a little, spring-powered radar beacon you can place down at a target location that you can see on a targeting computer. Any targeting computer, not just your own. That way, if you see an unfamiliar one near your base, you know someone's planning an attack. You'd have to act relatively quickly, though, since the windsprings will only last so long, but they'd be a useful (and, again, reasonably realistic) targeting aid.

12345swordy

How about creating metallic alloys using electric craft for rotary craft to expand the horizons when it comes designing things? I got other ideas for it as well brb when I have the time to put all my thoughts down.

ChemE

Jul 29, 2019
I've built working HTGRs in previous versions of RoC/ReC but in v10d I can't get carbon dioxide gas out of the heat exchanger no matter what I try. I have variously tried Steve's factory manager's sneaky pipes feature to pull liquid from the sides (like it should be) as well as the top and bottom (which should not work). I have tried with Thermal Expansion and EnderIO. I have tried with ReactorCraft's gas pipes on the sides (this absolutely should work) as well as liquid pipes from the sides. WALIA reports 1,000/2,000 mB of carbon dioxide gas in tank #2 no matter what I attempt. Any help?

EDIT: I've also tried breaking and replacing the heat exchanger and still get the same result.

Last edited:

SirDoctorOfTardis

Jul 29, 2019
Just a simple request: make it so that when you left click on a item in the crafting grid in the handbook, it shows you the recipe for that item.