Mod Feedback [By Request] RotaryCraft Suggestions

desht

Jan 30, 2013
UK
Actually, I've got a suggestion...dunno how viable it is, but here goes: tungsten tools as an in-between between HSLA and bedrock. They could be quick and immensely durable, but not as powerful as the bedrock tools. I think it'd be a neat feature in RoC-centered packs or even just as a gift to friends who aren't as far along in the tech tree to help 'em out.
Hmm. As soon as you have tungsten, you can make a bedrock breaker, and it doesn't take long from there to get bedrock tools, so personally I probably wouldn't bother spending that early tungsten on tools that would soon be obsolete.

(Granted, you also need a couple of microturbines and a good few buckets of jet fuel to get the bedrock dust, but if you're planning ahead, you'll already have those by the time you get your first tungsten...)

Reika

RotaryCraft Dev
FTB Mod Dev
Sep 3, 2013
Toronto, Canada
sites.google.com
Hmm. As soon as you have tungsten, you can make a bedrock breaker, and it doesn't take long from there to get bedrock tools, so personally I probably wouldn't bother spending that early tungsten on tools that would soon be obsolete.

(Granted, you also need a couple of microturbines and a good few buckets of jet fuel to get the bedrock dust, but if you're planning ahead, you'll already have those by the time you get your first tungsten...)
That, and tungsten is rather brittle. It on its own would not make good tools, particularly impact tools.

KingTriaxx

Forum Addict
Jul 27, 2013
Michigan
Fair enough. Perhaps also as an option for some kind of reactorcraft control rods? Or as an alternate turbine that generates more speed and less torque?

Aetherpirate

Jul 29, 2019
I have an ammonia synthesizer question. I can't get it to accept both quicklime and ammonium chloride dust via ducts or enderio item conduits. The quicklime goes into the top slot just fine, but I can't pipe the dust into the bottom slot. I have tried all sides of the machine. What am I doing wrong?

Reika

RotaryCraft Dev
FTB Mod Dev
Sep 3, 2013
Toronto, Canada
sites.google.com
I have an ammonia synthesizer question. I can't get it to accept both quicklime and ammonium chloride dust via ducts or enderio item conduits. The quicklime goes into the top slot just fine, but I can't pipe the dust into the bottom slot. I have tried all sides of the machine. What am I doing wrong?
Someone else has reported this.

desht

Jan 30, 2013
UK
The description for the bucket filler says: "It can also be used in the reverse; full buckets can supply liquid".

How does one reverse the filler? Screwdriver doesn't appear to do anything, full buckets can't be auto-inserted from the top, and while they can be manually inserted, the bucket filler doesn't make any attempt to empty them.

Reika

RotaryCraft Dev
FTB Mod Dev
Sep 3, 2013
Toronto, Canada
sites.google.com
The description for the bucket filler says: "It can also be used in the reverse; full buckets can supply liquid".

How does one reverse the filler? Screwdriver doesn't appear to do anything, full buckets can't be auto-inserted from the top, and while they can be manually inserted, the bucket filler doesn't make any attempt to empty them.
How do you reverse gearboxes? :p

JoshBogs

Jul 29, 2019
So I had a slight boring machine mishap and wanted to ask about it.
In summary I was using multiple boring machines for gathering resources. All was working well with eff. V and fortune III upgrades at diamond level. I decided to go with a silk touch machine so I broke and replaced with another borer. About an hour later the machine still didn't produce materials. Walia reported an energy need of 0 whereas before it was around 30. Also the other machines, where the pipe wasn't broken, worked without issue.
Was this mining position recoverable?
Funny add on: I placed a creative coil to speed up the machine finding the end and made an impressive crater. FYI placing the coil (no power settings) on an existing setup will blow up in your face however placing it first doesn't affect the setup. Thank goodness for bedrock armor! :D
Reference photos
Edit: wording

desht

Jan 30, 2013
UK
He means reverse the speed:torque not the direction of rotation :p
(setting a gearbox to increase torque instead of speed).
...no, I'm really not with you here.

The bucket filler needs 2kW @ 512 rad/s. I'm testing with an industrial coil right now, giving it 512 rad/s & 4Nm. Are you suggesting it needs the opposite to drain (4 rad/s @ 512Nm) ? That doesn't work - GUI just shows an empty speed bar.

Or I could run the power in through a gearbox (diamond 2:1 in the case of my testing) in torque mode - coil at 1024/2, gearbox 2:1 torque mode, filler gets 512/4. That doesn't do anything either.

Am I missing something really obvious here?

desht

Jan 30, 2013
UK
Do that..... To the filler.
You think that wasn't one of the first things I tried? o_O

Update: OK, so it turns out that the problem is I was testing with milk buckets all along, and apparently milk isn't treated as first-class fluid with the set of mods I have installed (which is relatively minimal). Water buckets work fine. Which doesn't help with my problem - getting milk from a Botania milk farm into a tank - back to the drawing board for that one then...

Last edited:

Reika

RotaryCraft Dev
FTB Mod Dev
Sep 3, 2013
Toronto, Canada
sites.google.com
So I had a slight boring machine mishap and wanted to ask about it.
In summary I was using multiple boring machines for gathering resources. All was working well with eff. V and fortune III upgrades at diamond level. I decided to go with a silk touch machine so I broke and replaced with another borer. About an hour later the machine still didn't produce materials. Walia reported an energy need of 0 whereas before it was around 30. Also the other machines, where the pipe wasn't broken, worked without issue.
Was this mining position recoverable?
Funny add on: I placed a creative coil to speed up the machine finding the end and made an impressive crater. FYI placing the coil (no power settings) on an existing setup will blow up in your face however placing it first doesn't affect the setup. Thank goodness for bedrock armor! :D
Reference photos
Edit: wording
Placing creative coils in survival triggers an explosion. This was done to combat people who spawn in such coils to cheat (most commonly LPers who would be giving very broken representations of the mod or server admins "selling power").

JoshBogs

Jul 29, 2019
Placing creative coils in survival triggers an explosion. This was done to combat people who spawn in such coils to cheat (most commonly LPers who would be giving very broken representations of the mod or server admins "selling power").
Understandable. Was a rather nice explosion to.
Can the positions for boring machines be reused? Rather what is the requirement for them to continue where they left off?

RavynousHunter

Jul 29, 2019
That would explain how I found a crater on one of my old SSP worlds when I used a creative coil for testing out in the desert. Forgot to remove it when I was done in creative, came back to get some sand, and noticed a nice, big hole in the ground.