Mod Feedback [By Request] RotaryCraft Suggestions

WaifuMaterial

Jul 29, 2019
Ah, a troll.
I am not trolling. RoC is op and everything should be nerfed.

Fail troll is fail? I kinda figured from "EE2: 1.7 edition is so balanced it's like vanilla!" combined with "RoC is totally teh brokez". At least I admit I play an OP game where balance is a suggestion. Project E is required for me, and it's fine if that's not anyone else's cup of tea; I don't go around telling people PE is balanced in any way, because it isn't. Lossless item conversion will ALWAYS be inherently unbalancing because it breaks core assumptions of gameplay and difficulty.
But that's what makes PE balanced. You take an item and turn it into another one. How is that not balanced? It's perfect balance.

TomeWyrm

Jul 29, 2019
Yay! I always like it whena new version comes out... it means all the held back fixes are live!

It also means a bunch of subversions for the next two weeks, but that's what happens with new major versions :p

Braidedheadman

Jul 29, 2019
I been playing with RotaryCraft for a while now, and I have some complaints about it. One thing is that RotaryCraft isn't balanced what so ever. RotaryCraft is so broken, it's more broken than OreSpawn. Maybe you should take some balancing notes from ProjectE. That mod is so balanced, that it should be in vanilla. I love it! But no, you have to be salty and have to make your Api crash when ProjectE is installed so that it can't balance out your mod.
I am not trolling. RoC is op and everything should be nerfed.

But that's what makes PE balanced. You take an item and turn it into another one. How is that not balanced? It's perfect balance.

New wall of shame candidate detected...

Also, v8 is coming soon, pending some CC fixes.
Feature request/suggestion:

With the pulse jet furnace oxygen additive, would you consent to adding an element into the GUI, also callable as a method in its API, to toggle oxygen consumption on/off? Rather than having the PJF consume oxygen 100% of the time as it currently does, it would be nice to be able to specify consumption of O2 only while within useful temperature ranges, especially during its warm up / cool down phase where the unit isn't doing any useful work.

I have coded this functionality as part of a PJF duty cycle management program in CC that I've been working on; however, this feels like something that could benefit regular users as well who may not know how to use CC to leverage the machine in this manner and require a manual interface. I'm not saying do the work for them but that, at the minimum, give them some option to turn O2 consumption on/off at the click of a button. They can either babysit it manually or find some way to automate it as I've done.

Last edited:

Xavion

Jul 29, 2019
have to make your Api crash when ProjectE is installed so that it can't balance out your mod.
Minor point, this isn't deliberate on Reika's part at all and their mods actually work fine with ProjectE normally. The issue is because ProjectE updated their API and Reika hasn't released an update with support for the new API yet. That's what causes it to crash when you have ProjectE and RotaryCraft installed, it's just a bug which should be fixed in the next update.

RavynousHunter

Jul 29, 2019
Considering the person's username claims they're "wife material," I think they're taking the piss. Then again, Poe's Law and all that jazz.

Padfoote

Brick Thrower
Forum Moderator
Dec 11, 2013
So I was led over here by a post in a different thread and figured it would be a good time to post a reminder that trolling isn't permitted, and to not feed said trolls. Just report if it's an obvious troll.

That being said, I'm watching now.

Braidedheadman

Jul 29, 2019
Also, v8 is coming soon, pending some CC fixes.

With the pulse jet furnace oxygen additive, would you consent to adding an element into the GUI, also callable as a method in its API, to toggle oxygen consumption on/off? Rather than having the PJF consume oxygen 100% of the time as it currently does, it would be nice to be able to specify consumption of O2 only while within useful temperature ranges, especially during its warm up / cool down phase where the unit isn't doing any useful work.

I have coded this functionality as part of a PJF duty cycle management program in CC that I've been working on; however, this feels like something that could benefit regular users as well who may not know how to use CC to leverage the machine in this manner and require a manual interface. I'm not saying do the work for them but that, at the minimum, give them some option to turn O2 consumption on/off at the click of a button. They can either babysit it manually or find some way to automate it as I've done.

I just noticed that I'm not pulling the Oxygen data the PJF's getTanks() method. I suspect this code block (maybe? Yes, no?) in TileEntityPulseFurnace.java, lines 463-465:

Code:
@Override public FluidTankInfo[] getTankInfo(ForgeDirection from) {
                return new FluidTankInfo[]{water.getInfo(), fuel.getInfo()};
};

[Edit]Here's a test case, code with output:
Code:
term.setCursorPose(1,1)
term.clear()

p = peripheral.wrap("bottom")

tanks = {p.getTanks()}

for k,v in pairs(tanks) do
  print(k.." "..v)
end
2 0
3 3000
4 Jet Fuel
5 5400
6 8000

[Edit] Also, what's happening with index k==1? Intuitively, this looks like it should hold "Water", but is instead nil (tested and confirmed with a for loop). I hope all this is helpful! :)

Last edited:

Reika

RotaryCraft Dev
FTB Mod Dev
Sep 3, 2013
Toronto, Canada
sites.google.com
I would need to be reasonably sure they were serious first.

Could someone tell me if Reika's tokamak generates a byproduct, inert helium or whatever?
Not right now. Realistically, it should generate helium, but I have no idea how to reclaim it (or if it would even be useful).

I just noticed that I'm not pulling the Oxygen data the PJF's getTanks() method. I suspect this code block (maybe? Yes, no?) in TileEntityPulseFurnace.java, lines 463-465:

Code:
@Override public FluidTankInfo[] getTankInfo(ForgeDirection from) {
                return new FluidTankInfo[]{water.getInfo(), fuel.getInfo()};
};
I will fix this.

Or I could make this native in the sense of "do not consume accelerant with no input item". :p

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Not right now. Realistically, it should generate helium, but I have no idea how to reclaim it (or if it would even be useful).
Without showing me the deuterium+tritium=helium+neutron equation, which I'm not educated to properly understand, is it valid to say that most of the atoms going in would result in inert helium coming out? 99% or so?

abculatter_2

Jul 29, 2019
Well, I'm not a chemistry major or anything, but helium is (very slightly) heavier then hydrogen, so wouldn't it eventually settle to the bottom? I mean, I know that matter that is hotter then the sun certainly has MORE then enough energy to go whatever way it wants to, but wouldn't there at least be a tendency? Then it would be a matter of cooling it down and filtering out the hydrogden and helium, which I guess centrifuging could, theoretically, be used as such?
This, of course, assuming there are no secondary fusion events combining with the helium.

EDIT: Thinking about it, I would assume the hydrogen would be more affected by the central toroid magnet in a similar vein to above, simply by the fact that it is lighter and, thus, requires less energy to deflect its path. This, plus the fact that the plasma spins around much like a centrifuge, would, by my reasoning, actually probably mean the outer sides would be better for siphoning. It would, realistically, probably not be a very significant difference, but it's something.

Last edited:

Reika

RotaryCraft Dev
FTB Mod Dev
Sep 3, 2013
Toronto, Canada
sites.google.com
Well, I'm not a chemistry major or anything, but helium is (very slightly) heavier then hydrogen, so wouldn't it eventually settle to the bottom? I mean, I know that matter that is hotter then the sun certainly has MORE then enough energy to go whatever way it wants to, but wouldn't there at least be a tendency? Then it would be a matter of cooling it down and filtering out the hydrogden and helium, which I guess centrifuging could, theoretically, be used as such?
Helium is dramatically lighter than air...

Without showing me the deuterium+tritium=helium+neutron equation, which I'm not educated to properly understand, is it valid to say that most of the atoms going in would result in inert helium coming out? 99% or so?
You would get one atom of helium per fusion reaction (2H+3H).

abculatter_2

Jul 29, 2019
Helium is dramatically lighter than air...
Yes, but it wouldn't be air that you're taking out of the fusion reactor, right? I would assume that just throwing in a lot of air in with the hydrogen in a fusion reactor wouldn't be a good idea, so one would have to make a vaccum first and keep the fuel hydrogen at least relatively pure in transit to the reactor chamber.
Unless the point is that centrifuging wouldn't work because of the very low mass?

Reika

RotaryCraft Dev
FTB Mod Dev
Sep 3, 2013
Toronto, Canada
sites.google.com
I offered to check something out for you, I'm not anal enough to expect please and thank you, but ignoring is a bit rude
...So is getting upset when something gets missed.

Again, define "works fine". You can have a reactor exceed 450C - ammonia's autoignition temperature - and not explode, but a design that does that is definitively unsafe.

Yes, but it wouldn't be air that you're taking out of the fusion reactor, right? I would assume that just throwing in a lot of air in with the hydrogen in a fusion reactor wouldn't be a good idea, so one would have to make a vaccum first and keep the fuel hydrogen at least relatively pure in transit to the reactor chamber.
Unless the point is that centrifuging wouldn't work because of the very low mass?
The tokamak in ReC is, due to necessity, mostly "open air".

Perfect. And now I understand how to read the fusion equation better, thanks.
That still does not help me solve the issue. :p