Mod Feedback [By Request] RotaryCraft Suggestions

RavynousHunter

Jul 29, 2019
Doesn't work, I've tried it before. Thaumcraft golems do, though.

Sent from my Puzzle Box of Yogg-Saron using Tapatalk 2
Damn. I'm not going thru effing Thaumcraft for farming, though. Love the stuff, hate the research. Maybe ChromatiCraft or Ender IO would do the trick...

Azzanine

Jul 29, 2019
I don't know why people whine about thaumcraft reserch, it's not hard and is completed in seconds. And anyone with a competent Thaumcraft setup will be able to get the reserch points. Pro tip: Scan nodes and deconstruct crafting tables, stacks of them. Will give you research for days.

HOWEVER!

I don't blame folks for not bothering with golems, I haven't found one of those goofy derpy fuckers that have actually been useful. My pack has almost every stable worth while Thaumcraft addon I know about almost fully Reserched but my golemancy page is seldom completed. I'll only start completing it if I have nothing else to research or an addon requires it.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

Lethosos

Jul 29, 2019
Pen of chickens + Botanica shedding + Gather core golem = craploads of feathers to distill into Aer for your Thaumstatic Harness.

We're getting off topic, though. Just take from this that golems are surprisingly useful if you know what the problem is.

Azzanine

Jul 29, 2019
Thaumostatic harness uses potentia... Unless you can use aer as well now? Or maybe you mean volatus?

Still golems derp out quite frequently. Also I wish the golem fetter wasn't so uselss. I had a golem Fisher litter his assigned coast with dead fish because his gathering buddy would rather do the tango with his desired chest... if I could have turned them off reliably it would be nice.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
I don't know why people whine about thaumcraft reserch, it's not hard and is completed in seconds. And anyone with a competent Thaumcraft setup will be able to get the reserch points. Pro tip: Scan nodes and deconstruct crafting tables, stacks of them. Will give you research for days.

HOWEVER!

I don't blame folks for not bothering with golems, I haven't found one of those goofy derpy fuckers that have actually been useful. My pack has almost every stable worth while Thaumcraft addon I know about almost fully Reserched but my golemancy page is seldom completed. I'll only start completing it if I have nothing else to research or an addon requires it.

Its the research mini-game that shreds my soul. Scanning and getting points is fine, but connecting the dots makes me hate life.

Lethosos

Jul 29, 2019
*reaches over and turns on Easy Mode Research for Pyure*

Reactions: Pyure

Reika

RotaryCraft Dev
FTB Mod Dev
Sep 3, 2013
Toronto, Canada
sites.google.com
Damn. I'm not going thru effing Thaumcraft for farming, though. Love the stuff, hate the research. Maybe ChromatiCraft or Ender IO would do the trick...
RC and CC both use the same registries in DragonAPI.

I can support AgC, but I need to know everything about how it works - ID/metadata separation, TileEntity usage, seed drop mechanics, harvesting procedures, et cetera.

Rubyheart

Jul 29, 2019
It's possible to add custom crops to Agricraft, so I'm sure there's an API floating around to learn it's inner workings.

Agricraft support would be great, even moreso if canola could be planted on crops and bred.

MongrelVigor

Jul 29, 2019
It feels like there's not enough incentive to use ammonia in turbines. Getting it and recycling it is a significant task, which would be fine, but in my experiments it explodes in the same fission reactors that run fine on water. If I have to start whittling down and using weaker reactors so that I can get that 2x bonus....Meh

Reika

RotaryCraft Dev
FTB Mod Dev
Sep 3, 2013
Toronto, Canada
sites.google.com
It feels like there's not enough incentive to use ammonia in turbines. Getting it and recycling it is a significant task, which would be fine, but in my experiments it explodes in the same fission reactors that run fine on water. If I have to start whittling down and using weaker reactors so that I can get that 2x bonus....Meh
A safe reactor never exceeds 450C.

@InfinityRaider, all yours.

In which case, @InfinityRaider: This is the handler I will be writing, so this is the information I need.

https://github.com/ReikaKalseki/DragonAPI/blob/master/Interfaces/Registry/CropHandler.java#L18

Remember that nothing can reference core mod code (but reflection is fine, so long as it is not required to call a great deal inside "active" (i.e. world tick) methods).

Last edited:

WaifuMaterial

Jul 29, 2019
I been playing with RotaryCraft for a while now, and I have some complaints about it. One thing is that RotaryCraft isn't balanced what so ever. RotaryCraft is so broken, it's more broken than OreSpawn. Maybe you should take some balancing notes from ProjectE. That mod is so balanced, that it should be in vanilla. I love it! But no, you have to be salty and have to make your Api crash when ProjectE is installed so that it can't balance out your mod.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
I been playing with RotaryCraft for a while now, and I have some complaints about it. One thing is that RotaryCraft isn't balanced what so ever. RotaryCraft is so broken, it's more broken than OreSpawn. Maybe you should take some balancing notes from ProjectE. That mod is so balanced, that it should be in vanilla. I love it! But no, you have to be salty and have to make your Api crash when ProjectE is installed so that it can't balance out your mod.
Its the simplest thing in the universe to trot out complaints w/o any backup, friend. "RoC is imbalanced. ProjectE is balanced."

Rather than these kindergarten debate tactics, would you mind citing your concerns with examples? Reika listens to constructive feedback; all you've provided is childish slander so far.

WaifuMaterial

Jul 29, 2019
Its the simplest thing in the universe to trot out complaints w/o any backup, friend. "RoC is imbalanced. ProjectE is balanced."

Rather than these kindergarten debate tactics, would you mind citing your concerns with examples? Reika listens to constructive feedback; all you've provided is childish slander so far.
What examples? The Crafting Table. It has Auto Crafting by default. That's overpowered as heck. EVERYONE KNOWS the only balance auto crafting comes from AE. It requires power. Unlike RoC.

Reactions: abculatter_2

TomeWyrm

Jul 29, 2019
Fail troll is fail? I kinda figured from "EE2: 1.7 edition is so balanced it's like vanilla!" combined with "RoC is totally teh brokez". At least I admit I play an OP game where balance is a suggestion. Project E is required for me, and it's fine if that's not anyone else's cup of tea; I don't go around telling people PE is balanced in any way, because it isn't. Lossless item conversion will ALWAYS be inherently unbalancing because it breaks core assumptions of gameplay and difficulty.