Mod Feedback [By Request] RotaryCraft Suggestions

MongrelVigor

Jul 29, 2019
I feel that a great option for gunpowder is nether rack through the grinder then through the centrifuge. plus bonus glow stone and bonus sulfur

Goof

Feb 18, 2014
I feel that a great option for gunpowder is nether rack through the grinder then through the centrifuge. plus bonus glow stone and bonus sulfur

It was even better in older RoC versions, used to be one nether dust would give you one gunpowder and one glowstone guaranteed, now I think it's only a chance + lots of sulfur.

Handy for those that use a lot of sulfur I guess, would be nice to have a way to turn it into gunpowder renew-ably though :p

Celestialphoenix

Too Much Free Time
Nov 9, 2012
Tartarus.. I mean at work. Same thing really.
Worth noting you can centrifuge blaze powder for gunpowder or compact it into glowstone. Its still mob grinding- but you can run it off the spawner controller.

As for crafting;
RoC already has 2 of the ingredients- all you need is a source of potassium nitrate (centrifuge soulsand?). Minecraft being minecraft you can just stick one of each in the crafting grid. (that and using the actual ratios is probably a bad idea :p)

epidemia78

Jul 29, 2019
Hey Reika, when I install your mods, mipmaps no longer work. I probably should have them disabled anyway for performance, but is there a way I can fix it?

Reika

RotaryCraft Dev
FTB Mod Dev
Sep 3, 2013
Toronto, Canada
sites.google.com
Hey Reika, when I install your mods, mipmaps no longer work. I probably should have them disabled anyway for performance, but is there a way I can fix it?
Someone else reported this (using Optifine C3). I have no idea why this would be. I do not know how to - much less actually do - mess with that. Someone else reported splash screen interference, to which I have the same answer. Is the setting still on?

EDIT:
Do you have ChromatiCraft? The other user pulled up something interesting.
http://www.minecraftforum.net/forum...-worldgen-civilization-and-more?comment=22015

epidemia78

Jul 29, 2019
Someone else reported this (using Optifine C3). I have no idea why this would be. I do not know how to - much less actually do - mess with that. Someone else reported splash screen interference, to which I have the same answer. Is the setting still on?

EDIT:
Do you have ChromatiCraft? The other user pulled up something interesting.
http://www.minecraftforum.net/forum...-worldgen-civilization-and-more?comment=22015

yes Chromaticraft but no Optifine. I once had an issue back in 1.4.7 where a certain Thaumcraft icon was messing up Optifine's mipmap feature and I had to resize it. And yes, the setting remains at 2.

Xavion

Jul 29, 2019
So with the rebalanced hydrokinetics I figured I might as well crunch the numbers again and give my results.

• Viscosity is still critical as it's the only one of the two stats used to determine speed so higher viscosity means higher height for max power. So if the fluid you want to use is more viscous than water don't bother, it's going to be take more height to hit max speed/power.
  • Density is now useless only after 1024, a great improvement over 128 but still means basically anything more dense then water is going to be losing most of it's benefit.
  • Low density has a much greater effect, liquid chroma is worse than water for example due to having 0.3x the density despite having 0.3x the viscosity.

So now the question becomes something different, can anyone find a fluid that is actually better than water with these new setting? Assuming max power is the goal. I'll crunch some numbers to give the actual requirements in a bit to help people, right now I've got to do something.

fredfredburger

Jul 29, 2019
Holy hell, do creative coils always explode when placed by a survival player? One of my Boring Machines got jammed on an AE2 meteorite so I re-rigged my power system to divert all power to that machine. An 8x increase in torque didn't help the jam so I ripped up the last few gearboxes and gave myself a creative industrial coil to see just how much torque I'd need to keep it from happening again. As soon as I placed it (reverted to survival before placing) the damn thing exploded. I gave myself another and repeated the procedure except placing the coil away from machinery and gearboxes, still exploded.

At least I didn't die and I have a backup from yesterday.

Reika

RotaryCraft Dev
FTB Mod Dev
Sep 3, 2013
Toronto, Canada
sites.google.com
So with the rebalanced hydrokinetics I figured I might as well crunch the numbers again and give my results.

• Viscosity is still critical as it's the only one of the two stats used to determine speed so higher viscosity means higher height for max power. So if the fluid you want to use is more viscous than water don't bother, it's going to be take more height to hit max speed/power.
  • Density is now useless only after 1024, a great improvement over 128 but still means basically anything more dense then water is going to be losing most of it's benefit.
  • Low density has a much greater effect, liquid chroma is worse than water for example due to having 0.3x the density despite having 0.3x the viscosity.

So now the question becomes something different, can anyone find a fluid that is actually better than water with these new setting? Assuming max power is the goal. I'll crunch some numbers to give the actual requirements in a bit to help people, right now I've got to do something.
I raised the viscosity effects to the 1/4th power...

Holy hell, do creative coils always explode when placed by a survival player? One of my Boring Machines got jammed on an AE2 meteorite so I re-rigged my power system to divert all power to that machine. An 8x increase in torque didn't help the jam so I ripped up the last few gearboxes and gave myself a creative industrial coil to see just how much torque I'd need to keep it from happening again. As soon as I placed it (reverted to survival before placing) the damn thing exploded. I gave myself another and repeated the procedure except placing the coil away from machinery and gearboxes, still exploded.

At least I didn't die and I have a backup from yesterday.
Yes.

Xavion

Jul 29, 2019
I raised the viscosity effects to the 1/4th power...
No you didn't, you raised them to the 3/8th power. That doesn't actually affect the threshold either as far as I can tell, however I'd screwed up in my calculation of the height for the speed by about a factor of seven I believe which would make the actual threshold about 17.8k density and I know of nothing that passes that.

Although this does make the best fluid I know of now that I also know the way to acquire as tectonic pyrothrum which is a bit more then twice as good as water. Just don't screw up and rip your base to bits in the process. There are a few other liquids which beat it but I'm not sure how to actually get any of them.

Xavion

Jul 29, 2019
Good luck with that. :p
It's really not that bad, just use something that's not stone as it specifically only affects it. At least it's not corrosive so you don't have any reason to ban it like high temperature fluids.

That reminds me though, can we get rock melter recipes for petrotheum and aerotheum to go with the cryotheum and pyrotheum ones we already have?

TomeWyrm

Jul 29, 2019
Good luck with that. :p
He meant "Tectonic Petrotheum" not "pyrotheum"
There are now 4 elemental fluids.
  • Blazing Pyrotheum
  • Gelid Cryotheum
  • Zephyrean Aerotheum
  • Tectonic Petrotheum
http://teamcofh.com/docs/thermal-foundation/

It's always odd when TF adds new stuff... mana STILL isn't used for crap's sake, and Signalum only really became a thing with Dynamics. I can't help but think they're suffering from useless content bloat