Mod Feedback [By Request] RotaryCraft Suggestions

Rubyheart

Jul 29, 2019
The only thing I can see that would prevent Dire from doing a spotlight would be if he's friends with those "influential people" who are irritated with Reika, and they vehemently tell him not to do it. Even if that's the case (and aside from them telling him not to do it, it probably is), he'll probably still do it eventually. I don't remember what spotlight it was, but I remember him opening one with someone to the effect of "the mod author has been begging for an updated spotlight...," so I don't think he'd be really annoyed with reminders, but I can totally understand where Reika's coming from, he gets enough drama already, and doesn't need more.

RavynousHunter

Jul 29, 2019
Minor quibble, Mr. Reika: the handbook mentions nothing about magnetostatics exploding. Just logged on to a small hole where my engine, several pipes, and a DSU with around 15,000 fluorite used to be.

RavynousHunter

Jul 29, 2019
Excellent! I should've figured since it had a temperature readout, but hindsight and all that. Now using a much safer microturbine to centrifuge my UF6. Oh, by the way, is thorium functionally different from uranium as a fission reactor fuel? If not, I'm tempted to build Nuclear Two and use the massive amounts of thorium I have built up to fuel it.

Reika

RotaryCraft Dev
FTB Mod Dev
Sep 3, 2013
Toronto, Canada
sites.google.com
Excellent! I should've figured since it had a temperature readout, but hindsight and all that. Now using a much safer microturbine to centrifuge my UF6. Oh, by the way, is thorium functionally different from uranium as a fission reactor fuel? If not, I'm tempted to build Nuclear Two and use the massive amounts of thorium I have built up to fuel it.
Thorium is being redesigned.

Reactions: Plasmasnake

RavynousHunter

Jul 29, 2019
Aah, well then, guess I'll hold off for the time being. Thankfully, its going into a DSU, so it won't be filling any time soon, lol. I'll make Nuclear Two a standard nuke, then...might use a different design though, see if I can coax some more power out of the turbine.

TomeWyrm

Jul 29, 2019
Dire actually welcomes dialogs with mod devs. Though I think hopping into the TS that he's using would probably be your best bet. I'm betting his inbox on MCF is completely useless, and he probably gets spammed to Antarctica and back on IRC too. Very reasonable/congenial fellow, and letting him know that v7 is coming out here soon which would be the PERFECT time to release a spotlight would help. He only does spotlights when the mod author wants them, he realizes how important the presentation is, and actively encourages mod authors to have a reasonably completed/finished/stable product before he does spotlights. Which your release schedule is perfect for, incidentally :p.

That opinion is based on his comments across a very wide swath of videos. I've watched literally everything the man has produced other than his Aureylian stuff (Something about her just trips my GTFO sensor, I can't watch any of her content and it mystifies me as to why), charity streams, mod spotlights, and his 3 most recent "let's play ____ with ____" (Which I'm working on), so that's a VERY large sample size.

Plus he HAS offered a spotlight before, so simply maintaining a friendly dialog with Dire would probably go a long way towards him working you into his schedule by simple expedient of you (and your mods) being kept in the foreground of his mind, like the mods he normally plays with.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Thorium is being redesigned.
Any publicized teasers/info yet?

Dire actually welcomes dialogs with mod devs. Though I think hopping into the TS that he's using would probably be your best bet. I'm betting his inbox on MCF is completely useless, and he probably gets spammed to Antarctica and back on IRC too. Very reasonable/congenial fellow, and letting him know that v7 is coming out here soon which would be the PERFECT time to release a spotlight would help. He only does spotlights when the mod author wants them, he realizes how important the presentation is, and actively encourages mod authors to have a reasonably completed/finished/stable product before he does spotlights. Which your release schedule is perfect for, incidentally :p.

That opinion is based on his comments across a very wide swath of videos. I've watched literally everything the man has produced other than his Aureylian stuff (Something about her just trips my GTFO sensor, I can't watch any of her content and it mystifies me as to why), charity streams, mod spotlights, and his 3 most recent "let's play ____ with ____" (Which I'm working on), so that's a VERY large sample size.

Plus he HAS offered a spotlight before, so simply maintaining a friendly dialog with Dire would probably go a long way towards him working you into his schedule by simple expedient of you (and your mods) being kept in the foreground of his mind, like the mods he normally plays with.
+1, good feedback and pretty sensible.

Reactions: frogfigther

RavynousHunter

Jul 29, 2019
My guess is that thorium would require "activation" before becoming useful. I believe the reason why is because the most common (and stable) isotope of thorium doesn't have as much radioactivity as uranium, which is why you can't use thorium from old lantern mantles to make a homemade nuke without a particle accelerator or some other method of bombarding said thorium with neutrons to turn it into a more unstable, and thus radioactive, isotope.

ScorpioOld

Jul 29, 2019
Can anyone redirect me to thread or link where I can read how to add Rotary and Reactor craft into Infinity FTB?

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Can anyone redirect me to thread or link where I can read how to add Rotary and Reactor craft into Infinity FTB?
There shouldn't be much to it.
Add Dragon API
Add Rotary and ReactorCraft
Fix any minor config issues that pop up, such as fixing potion IDs if that old problem still exists.

Make sure the files you use have the correct extension (.jar)

CapJackH

Jul 29, 2019
Someone on Reddit posted an album of a compact extractor setup. THIS is the kind of publicity RotaryCraft needs. I'm a tad sad that they show using magnetostatics instead of pure rc, but at least more users will consider using the mod. People getting over their preconceptions of difficulty will definitely drive the userbase up. Thanks for the great mod Reika! :D http://imgur.com/a/qheU1

Reactions: SourC00lguy

Plasmasnake

Jul 29, 2019
Someone on Reddit posted an album of a compact extractor setup. THIS is the kind of publicity RotaryCraft needs. I'm a tad sad that they show using magnetostatics instead of pure rc, but at least more users will consider using the mod. People getting over their preconceptions of difficulty will definitely drive the userbase up. Thanks for the great mod Reika! :D http://imgur.com/a/qheU1

That build is rather ridiculous because the creator felt it was necessary to display everything physically possible on screens. I mean... jeez is that neccesary? :p

Oh yeah, and it uses 3 more engines than it should for a compact build.

MongrelVigor

Jul 29, 2019
I'm sometimes surprised by all the magnetostatic hate, I think the system is set up just right. Where you have to level up through the rotarycraft system, and understand it. Later you set up the turbine, the big generator and a liquid nitrogen production set up and you've earned and ability to create easy portable distributed rotary power… This is excellent.

Reactions: Plasmasnake

Aussiexenu

Jul 29, 2019
Most of the dislike probably stems from before they got balanced to need cooling; originally you'd just hook up enough RF/engines and voila! Whats this RoC tech-tree you are talking about?

Now that you need to put a little thought into hooking them up and using them, it's probably less of an issue (As you need to progress in RoC to make the coolant/upgrades). Besides, what are you going to do with all those trees if you cant turn them into RF to drive your warmachine/industrial megacomplex? :p

Reactions: Reika

CapJackH

Jul 29, 2019
I'm sometimes surprised by all the magnetostatic hate, I think the system is set up just right. Where you have to level up through the rotarycraft system, and understand it. Later you set up the turbine, the big generator and a liquid nitrogen production set up and you've earned and ability to create easy portable distributed rotary power… This is excellent.
All I meant was that in the interest of showing off Rotarycraft, magnetostatics were used. Almost any other of RC's engines would have made the build seem a lot less confusing to set up.