Mod Feedback [By Request] RotaryCraft Suggestions

Rubyheart

Jul 29, 2019
I wish Dire would do a spotlight for Reika's mods. He's the only one I really watch, his let's plays are like my morning coffee. Even if his viewers don't think they'll like it, he should still do it. Some might. Check the comments section of his videos, he's done spotlights on mods that add bees, and comments range from "oh my god I love bees so much" to "oh crap not bees again, I'll check back next week."

Reika

RotaryCraft Dev
FTB Mod Dev
Sep 3, 2013
Toronto, Canada
sites.google.com
I wish Dire would do a spotlight for Reika's mods. He's the only one I really watch, his let's plays are like my morning coffee. Even if his viewers don't think they'll like it, he should still do it. Some might. Check the comments section of his videos, he's done spotlights on mods that add bees, and comments range from "oh my god I love bees so much" to "oh crap not bees again, I'll check back next week."
RC/ReC is much more conceptually difficult than bees. :p

Reactions: abculatter_2

Rubyheart

Jul 29, 2019
Oh yeah, bees are like finding your first diamond compared to your mods. My point is, people don't know what they like until they see it, and in my experience at least, your mods have far less exposure than other mods. I don't think I even heard of Rotarycraft before Monster. I've been using it ever since though, an one of these days I'll learn how to not be terible at it. :p

Reactions: abculatter_2

Lethosos

Jul 29, 2019
ElectriCraft is only a greater degree harder due to a lack of an in-game book unlike the other three. I'm still trying to get it to move power from a RoC source into a battery. :p

Sent from my Puzzle Box of Yogg-Saron using Tapatalk 2

keybounce

Jul 29, 2019
The real problem with mod spotlights is that things keep changing.

For example, I was looking for a "how to" for rotarycraft in survival mode, and found a video telling me to put lava under the furnace, and it would stabilize at 640 and be perfectly safe for steel.

I thought that for many versions now, lava under the blast furnace will get too hot without a cooling fan at least.

(Fire under the blast furnace is my understanding of how to get started; followed by the friction heater and engine/gear control to step up after that)

JohnOC

Jul 29, 2019
The real problem with mod spotlights is that things keep changing.

For example, I was looking for a "how to" for rotarycraft in survival mode, and found a video telling me to put lava under the furnace, and it would stabilize at 640 and be perfectly safe for steel.

I thought that for many versions now, lava under the blast furnace will get too hot without a cooling fan at least.

(Fire under the blast furnace is my understanding of how to get started; followed by the friction heater and engine/gear control to step up after that)

Lava under the blast furnace is working just fine for me in V6f. I think you might be thinking of the steam engine, which will blow up with lava under it and no cooling fin. Fire works fine for that machine.

Edit to add: Nitpicking aside, I completely agree with your point about videos becoming outdated. There are plenty of examples just in Sentinalh's comprehensive videos on Rotarycraft.. since they were made, things have changed and been rebalanced - like how much power it takes to run a bedrock breaker.

keybounce

Jul 29, 2019
I think you might be thinking of the steam engine, which will blow up with lava under it and no cooling fin. Fire works fine for that machine.
Very possible.

As I said, it's hard to keep track of what's current survival mode behavior.
Reika's philosophy of "Don't tell, let them find out" doesn't help.

Reika

RotaryCraft Dev
FTB Mod Dev
Sep 3, 2013
Toronto, Canada
sites.google.com
Lava under the blast furnace is working just fine for me in V6f. I think you might be thinking of the steam engine, which will blow up with lava under it and no cooling fin.
And that has never not been the case.

Reika's philosophy of "Don't tell, let them find out" doesn't help.

I have no problem with people explaining the mechanics. What I do not want is people just giving step-by-step instructions for people to mindlessly follow.

TomeWyrm

Jul 29, 2019
You think bees are like that? Look what happens when he DARES to show the GUI of a CC computer. Reikas mods fit his playstyle, his mindset, and he spotlights mods he's never going to play all the time... Which is why it's sad he hasn't done at LEAST a RotaryCraft spotlight. Heck, if he wanted to do all of Reika's mods, he could do "Cave Control/CritterPet/Expanded Redstone/GeoStrata/LegacyCraft/MeteorCraft/TerritoryZone/Useful TNT/Void Monster" and then some number of them on CrC and the RoC ecosystem... like... a LOT on RoC... that would be one hell of a spotlight series :p

Rubyheart

Jul 29, 2019
Totally forgot about CC. Yeah, there's even less people who like CC than people who like when he does bees. He's done some amazing stuff with computers (turtle checkers?), and ends up doing extra videos just to go super in-depth without making viewers who don't want to see it watch. He's been doing the same with Steve's Factory Manager lately too. If we could prod (bribe?) him into doing a spotlight, I think more players would start using some great mods.

frogfigther

Jul 29, 2019
Petition Dire? Hmm...he might actually be swayed, he seems a reasonable type. I bet he'd explode seeing the cool stuff Reika's built into ChromatiCraft. :p

it might be hard to sway him into playing with reika since he rarely picks up new mods. but it is definetely worth a try, since it would raise some awareness about the concepts and different (awesome) mechanics that are in most of @Reika´s mods, if successful.

Rubyheart

Jul 29, 2019
Ah, but when he does pick up new mods, he loves them and keeps using them for a long long time. There was a time when he din't use Blood Magic, or EnderIO. People even said he wouldn't ever play Blood Magic, because it wasn't "family friendly."

duckfan77

Popular Member
Mar 18, 2013
Yeah, I'd like the idea, but annoying Dire would just get one more influential person irritated with Reika and more likely to speak against him during the next drama storm. If it won't annoy him, by all means, but be careful.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Yeah, I'd like the idea, but annoying Dire would just get one more influential person irritated with Reika and more likely to speak against him during the next drama storm. If it won't annoy him, by all means, but be careful.
This is silly.

"one more influential" promotes the notion that a bunch of "influential" people are irritated with Reika (not the case as far as I know...most people annoyed with Reika are complete non-entities such as myself)

Also, asking a question can't possibly annoy someone unless their opinion isn't worth asking in the first place.

Padfoote

Brick Thrower
Forum Moderator
Dec 11, 2013

I've never actually seen dire get involved in any drama. He tends to avoid it, which is a good thing. It wouldn't hurt to ask him as per what Pyure suggested though.

Reactions: Rubyheart

Reika

RotaryCraft Dev
FTB Mod Dev
Sep 3, 2013
Toronto, Canada
sites.google.com
I've never actually seen dire get involved in any drama. He tends to avoid it, which is a good thing. It wouldn't hurt to ask him as per what Pyure suggested though.
I agree; I was never trying to say that he would easily be "turned against me" by one or two people asking.

I say what I did about annoying him because he was planning on it, and for all I know, he still is (but has been very busy); I do not want to be that guy who essentially asks him to accelerate his cycle.