Mod Feedback [By Request] RotaryCraft Suggestions

abculatter_2

Jul 29, 2019
Unbreakable bedrock TiCon tools would be pretty easy to add, actually. Just make the material impart Unbreaking 10, which makes the tool unbreakable.

EDIT: Also, what about allowing bedrock ingots to be melted into liquid and cast? Probably in the rock melter?
Actually, that could work for HSLA in vanilla Rotarycraft as well...

Ragia08

Jul 29, 2019
While talking on TiCon, make bedrock dust a modifier that gives infinite dura (or just extra large dura)
To activate the modifier you must cook the tool/weapon in a vanilla furnace at the same temperature of normal bedrock tools

Reika

RotaryCraft Dev
FTB Mod Dev
Sep 3, 2013
Toronto, Canada
sites.google.com
Unbreakable bedrock TiCon tools would be pretty easy to add, actually. Just make the material impart Unbreaking 10, which makes the tool unbreakable.

EDIT: Also, what about allowing bedrock ingots to be melted into liquid and cast? Probably in the rock melter?
Actually, that could work for HSLA in vanilla Rotarycraft as well...
I ran the idea by prog. I was told in no uncertain terms mDiyo would not appreciate it.

Reactions: abculatter_2

TomeWyrm

Jul 29, 2019
Which part? The bedrock, the ability to make a new liquid outside the smeltery, or unbreaking X TiCo tools in general... because you can do unbreaking X EASILY with Iguana Tinker's Tweaks with the "Standard" configs used nowadays once ME4 showed the community that ITT could be used to OP-ify TiCo, not just make it JadedHard™. Which is making ITT almost as (possibly MORE) ubiquitous than TiCo without it. Kinda like why I use Hunger Overhaul now. I don't use it to make my game any harder, I use it to make some parts of it easier actually, I mostly use it for nice functions like the saturation overlay and food differentiation... also making Pam's not-useless.

Xavion

Jul 29, 2019
Which part? The bedrock, the ability to make a new liquid outside the smeltery, or unbreaking X TiCo tools in general... because you can do unbreaking X EASILY with Iguana Tinker's Tweaks with the "Standard" configs used nowadays once ME4 showed the community that ITT could be used to OP-ify TiCo, not just make it JadedHard™. Which is making ITT almost as (possibly MORE) ubiquitous than TiCo without it.
Point of order, JadedHard is still OP compared to base TiC. ITT generally makes TiC way more OP, ME4 broke all the rules but you have to basically turn off the leveling portion of ITT or massively nerf it to make it as powerful as straight TiC which is actually pretty balanced on the whole, the T2 tools are a bit OP at times but generally it's pretty good.

Really though an Unbreaking X tool part would be OP, although making it a set bonus like XU did would negate if lead to the issue of them basically just becoming more bedrock tools. It could simply be drama alternatively, I wouldn't be particularly surprised if mDiyo wouldn't like something because it disagrees with their notions of balance or progression or something, based off past occurrences. Really though while HSLA steel tool parts would be reasonable bedrock ones just seem like they'd be superfluous, they'd be lacking the special abilities of actual bedrock tools so for the most part they'd be inferior. Adding built-in support for HSLA steel as a metal around the current steel/alumite in stats would be balanced given relative difficulty to acquire and be nice, maybe something about magicobalt and ardite makes them tougher than it is to explain why it's weaker then cobalt.

Rubyheart

Jul 29, 2019
The Forgecrafters don't use any of Reika's mods (which is a shame really), but lately Soryan's been on a dupeing liquids kick. Is there any worry that liquid HSLA Steel will be duped into infinity?

keybounce

Jul 29, 2019
I don't know about ME4, but didn't Iguana's tweaks, with the "tools level up", already mean that you can start with one part reinforced 3, get a free reinforced in leveling (4), add 3 slots of it normally (7), a thaumium part (8) and a paper part (9), and one extra modifier slot (10)?

RavynousHunter

Jul 29, 2019
I ran the idea by prog. I was told in no uncertain terms mDiyo would not appreciate it.

That had to have been a while ago...I don't think mDiyo exists as a modder, anymore. Iguana dude, the one I believe is in charge of TiCon et al now, might be more open to the idea, assuming its implemented in a sensible manner.

Also, duping will always be a concern with Soaryn. He seems to be quite gifted with finding bugs and exploits. If anything, his antics might help Reika, in the long run. Its also quite sad that Reika's mods never seem to make it to Forgecraft. Seeing how Dire would react to ReactorCraft would be quite interesting, I'd imagine.

Charrizzard

Jul 29, 2019
That had to have been a while ago...I don't think mDiyo exists as a modder, anymore. Iguana dude, the one I believe is in charge of TiCon et al now, might be more open to the idea, assuming its implemented in a sensible manner.

Also, duping will always be a concern with Soaryn. He seems to be quite gifted with finding bugs and exploits. If anything, his antics might help Reika, in the long run. Its also quite sad that Reika's mods never seem to make it to Forgecraft. Seeing how Dire would react to ReactorCraft would be quite interesting, I'd imagine.

Although mDiyo might be gone, but we should still honor his memory.

Celestialphoenix

Too Much Free Time
Nov 9, 2012
Tartarus.. I mean at work. Same thing really.
Given what it takes to unlock bedrock breaker; compared to what it takes to make a [near] indestructible/rechargeable/self healing TiCo tool- it can hardly be considered "overpowered" by any means.
(Even if the tool also gains the bedrock superpowers, it won't make much difference because you already have said superpowers)
Though its worth noting that JSONables lets you add your own tinkers parts.
So anyone could go for 'bedrock' grade indestructible tool parts [reinforced X] if they so desire.
If anyone wants a final nail in the coffin, then there are 'unstable' and 'bedrockium' tool parts in the making. [source: 2-3 weeks ago in the whats new in.. news thread]

1M Industries

Jul 29, 2019

No, mDiyo still is there in the background from what I have heard, but he is letting Boni do the publicity.

Reactions: Reika

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Guess who made not only his first working fission reactor, but also a functioning turbine generator making nearly 2 million RF/t? THIS MAN, RIGHT HERE! And I have more than enough resources to make, like, four more, if I wanted to, lol. (After that, I'd have to smelt more tungsten flakes. :p)
+1, first reactors are a good moment. Congrats sir :)

Reika

RotaryCraft Dev
FTB Mod Dev
Sep 3, 2013
Toronto, Canada
sites.google.com

No, mDiyo still is there in the background from what I have heard, but he is letting Boni do the publicity.
This.

mDiyo, as far as I can tell, remains the project lead. He only stepped back from the community, not the actual mod or its code.

Also, as for direwolf, he tried a little RC, and was planning a spotlight, but that was 18 months ago and I do not expect it to happen. From what I understand, most of his userbase would be unlikely to like RotaryCraft.

duckfan77

Popular Member
Mar 18, 2013
I would have to agree about Dire's userbase, I watch his videos and mod spotlights, but am likely the outlier in feeling that the systems he uses are to easy, and as such am actually interested in using RoC/CrC.

Unrelatedly, as I haven't really gotten started with playing with them, should I wait until v7, or are the change/bugfixes not major for the early game.

Reika

RotaryCraft Dev
FTB Mod Dev
Sep 3, 2013
Toronto, Canada
sites.google.com
I would have to agree about Dire's userbase, I watch his videos and mod spotlights, but am likely the outlier in feeling that the systems he uses are to easy, and as such am actually interested in using RoC/CrC.

Unrelatedly, as I haven't really gotten started with playing with them, should I wait until v7, or are the change/bugfixes not major for the early game.
v7 brings fixes and improvements - as always - but v6f should be safe to start with.

duckfan77

Popular Member
Mar 18, 2013
v7 brings fixes and improvements - as always - but v6f should be safe to start with.

Thanks for the quick reply, I've ran into the NEI lookup crash a few times, but as long as I'm careful it doesn't happen.