Mod Feedback [By Request] RotaryCraft Suggestions

keybounce

Jul 29, 2019
So ... How about as a request, a way to play RoC in peaceful mode?

No gunpowder (first issue), no ghast tears (next issue I realized that will show up).

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario

No gunpowder (first issue), no ghast tears (next issue I realized that will show up).
Its not what you're asking for, but you can sort of do this already if you have extra utilities via the peaceful table.

Reika

RotaryCraft Dev
FTB Mod Dev
Sep 3, 2013
Toronto, Canada
sites.google.com
AH! Nether star as the lubricant catalyst and ghast tear as the ethanol catalyst? The fractionation machine already uses a ghast tear for jet fuel production and synthetic lubricant would require a higher tier of catalyst. Maybe just have iron/platinum and drop back to iron/nether star if platinum isn't present.
I do not see a nether star being made of platinum-group metals.

If you are going to play in peaceful, install some mod that makes mob drops obtainable. I personally would go with dungeon loot + magic crops, making them a rare but farmable find.

TomeWyrm

Jul 29, 2019
WAY too many mods use nether stars. So many I install Practicalities on EVERY INSTANCE just so I don't have to hear that I%$#%^&%$#@ sound more than 10-ish times

SourC00lguy

Jul 29, 2019
Would it be fair, to save yourself from having to add platinum as ore gen, To just have iron be a the low level catalyst and gold be the higher level catalyst. But if Electricraft is installed used that platinum and if TE is present use shiny metal. And if TE and Electricraft are installed then either.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Would it be fair, to save yourself from having to add platinum as ore gen, To just have iron be a the low level catalyst and gold be the higher level catalyst. But if Electricraft is installed used that platinum and if TE is present use shiny metal. And if TE and Electricraft are installed then either.
I'd first want to know if Reika has any interest in the idea before pursuing the particulars.

Its already evident that it can be done but he may not find it interesting.

SourC00lguy

Jul 29, 2019
I'd first want to know if Reika has any interest in the idea before pursuing the particulars.

Fair enough, haha. Would be a waist of time kinda if it wasn't ganna happen

TomeWyrm

Jul 29, 2019
I do not see a nether star being made of platinum-group metals.

If you are going to play in peaceful, install some mod that makes mob drops obtainable. I personally would go with dungeon loot + magic crops, making them a rare but farmable find.
Pam's Mob Drop Crops as well. Rare-ish world gen, only grow on soul sand

JoshBogs

Jul 29, 2019

Good point. @Reika what are your thoughts of tier 2 lubrication production? Does it add any benefit to the game from your perspective?
In summary a few alternative methods discussed so far are:
- Crude refinery and cracking
- Lube refinement
- Bedrock Fracker
- Coal gasification with catalytic refinement

I can imagine that any method require a lot of behind the scenes coding and research so we wouldn't want to over burden you.

Reika

RotaryCraft Dev
FTB Mod Dev
Sep 3, 2013
Toronto, Canada
sites.google.com
Good point. @Reika what are your thoughts of tier 2 lubrication production? Does it add any benefit to the game from your perspective?
In summary a few alternative methods discussed so far are:
- Crude refinery and cracking
- Lube refinement
- Bedrock Fracker
- Coal gasification with catalytic refinement

I can imagine that any method require a lot of behind the scenes coding and research so we wouldn't want to over burden you.
I am...ambivalent. Yes, it makes some sort of sense, but I do not see it being very useful, and it does indeed require quite a bit of coding and research, plus making stretches I do not think appropriate, plus requiring other mod materials.

Reactions: JoshBogs

SourC00lguy

Jul 29, 2019
I am...ambivalent. Yes, it makes some sort of sense, but I do not see it being very useful, and it does indeed require quite a bit of coding and research, plus making stretches I do not think appropriate, plus requiring other mod materials.
Plus, you've shown from previous videos that you can make enough lubricant as it is. A ridiculous amount I believe, with a slight amount of effort

fredfredburger

Jul 29, 2019

Fair enough. Rotarycraft is one of the most extensive mods out there and you need to draw the line somewhere on what should be included. It's a great mod as it stands so do whatever holds your interest.

Reactions: JoshBogs

Demosthenex

Jul 29, 2019
To be fair with no growth acceleration I'm able to run my one turbine with 4x7x6 plot of canola. I'm not sure what an HP turbine would require.

Ieldra

Popular Member
Apr 25, 2014
Not exactly feedback, but there's an upcoming modpack called "Industrial Rotation", which has Reika's mods and GregTech in it. Seeing that modpacks which have RoC/ReC integrated (as opposed to just being compatible) are comparably rare, I thought this might be interesting news.

Reika

RotaryCraft Dev
FTB Mod Dev
Sep 3, 2013
Toronto, Canada
sites.google.com
Not exactly feedback, but there's an upcoming modpack called "Industrial Rotation", which has Reika's mods and GregTech in it. Seeing that modpacks which have RoC/ReC integrated (as opposed to just being compatible) are comparably rare, I thought this might be interesting news.
GT and RC work better together than most people realize or are willing to admit.

To be fair with no growth acceleration I'm able to run my one turbine with 4x7x6 plot of canola. I'm not sure what an HP turbine would require.
About 6x more. Usually the bottleneck is not canola production but grinding capability.

APproject

Jul 29, 2019

My hp turbine is requiring 30 mb/t of lube. The grinder could easily produce a surplus at full speed.

RavynousHunter

Jul 29, 2019
Plus, once you get up to running a HP turbine, you'll prolly have a regular turbine running (my guess would be an HTGR @ around 100MW), which you could rather easily use to run multiple grinders at 1 operation/tick (req's 4MW, 128Nm @ 32,768 rad/s), as well as a centrifuge or two at speed. Get that, some acceleration, and a big autofarm, and you've got lube beyond the dreams of avarice.

Demosthenex

Jul 29, 2019
Plus, once you get up to running a HP turbine, you'll prolly have a regular turbine running (my guess would be an HTGR @ around 100MW), which you could rather easily use to run multiple grinders at 1 operation/tick (req's 4MW, 128Nm @ 32,768 rad/s), as well as a centrifuge or two at speed. Get that, some acceleration, and a big autofarm, and you've got lube beyond the dreams of avarice.

I'm actually converting over to an ammonia turbine instead of going HP. It seems a simple choice for doubling my power output instead of scaling up lube and steam for an HP turbine. Being in a finite water world, recycling the ammonia makes great sense too.

EDIT: I should point out that I only run my reactor intermittently to charge my auroral battery. During that time I cache 160+ stacks of canola, and have to discard the rest. I create tons of lube with a grinder and centrifuge and never run out during operation.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
I'm actually converting over to an ammonia turbine instead of going HP. It seems a simple choice for doubling my power output instead of scaling up lube and steam for an HP turbine. Being in a finite water world, recycling the ammonia makes great sense too.
The ammonia thing was also fun, but for some reason I seem to remember having trouble maintaining a closed loop (in either the LP or HP or both).

ymmv.

zemerick

Jul 29, 2019
The ammonia thing was also fun, but for some reason I seem to remember having trouble maintaining a closed loop (in either the LP or HP or both).

ymmv.

Yea, last time I tried ammonia with a HPT it was extremely lossy. Haven't tried somewhat recently though. I'll probably go through the code first to get a rough idea of what to expect.