Bungee Server Linking & 100% linked inventory and Permission's

infinite

Jul 29, 2019
So we have been looking for a way to link multiple modpack servers,

After finding Bungee we used this to link 2 servers with the same modpack together.
we did this very succesfully, We added the Bungeesuite-chat and Bungeesuite-Warps to the servers to link chat and warps.

Next we wanted to link players items over the worlds. We tryed multiple mods InventorySQL was the best but we needed a 3rd world to use as a in-between world else we would land in the other server faster than it saved/re loaded the players inventory.

The 3rd server fixed this, The next issue was special data on items didnt cross over, Charged nano suits were flat in the 2nd server and when u went back to main it was then flat!, Lost all enchants! all magic!.

We now have a 100% working solution!

We used mount --bind
e.g
mount --bin /home/minecraft/multicraft/servers/ftb/world/players /home/minecraft/multicraft/servers/ftb/world/players

mount --bind /home/minecraft/multicraft/servers/ftb/plugins/GroupManager /home/minecraft/multicraft/servers/ftb/plugins/GroupManager
this links the 2nd server's player files to the first aswell as groupmanager files

If yo run the same plugins on both server u could just link the plugins/ folder... this also would work for config and mods =)

Next we wanted to keep Essentials and not use Essentials Warps so we disabled the essentials warps permissions.

Next we installed EasyAll a plugin that lets u just do a save on player files. this does work on 1.5 and 1.6.4

We installed SimpleAlias and linked the /fsave & /warp on server 1 to "/move" and /fsave & /warp on server 2 to "/move" so to change server it is "/move serverwarpname"

Hope this helps some people wanting to make larger community ftb servers, need any help just ask/pm me

Connor Gavitt

Jul 29, 2019
If only I saw this a few days ago, I have a bungee setup and separate player.dat files, would I delete one and make a empty folder them --bind them to prevent data issues?

Jared39

Jul 29, 2019
Would there be a way to hook it all into one map? If there would, that would be a great way of getting rid of lag. Ex. Half of players would be connected to one server while the other half would be connected to the other with the map, chat, and plugins linked.

Connor Gavitt

Jul 29, 2019
That may have a couple of it's own problems, like when it saves, if a guy dug a hole at 123, 47 and a guy built a house at 123 47 on the other server and then saved, the guy who built the house could have a hole in it if i'm understanding this right.

infinite

Jul 29, 2019
yeah the map would be hard but running 2 maps works well we have been running for 5 days with the linked setup

Connor Gavitt

Jul 29, 2019
What i use this for is to seperate all the worlds ftband. Myself make to spread the load across all my cpus cores, it helps with lag a lot. Also instead of using simple alias i wanted to keep using /server to get around so im getting a plugin to save the individule player inventory to disk every join/quit so the inventory is the same on all servers and /server still works.

devryb

Jul 29, 2019
For those using windows you can make an NTFS junction point to link a folder to another.

Example: mklink /j players c:\server\world\players

Shmeeb

Jul 29, 2019
When I tried to link /server <name> to a command via SimpleAlias, the server didn't even recognize the command. I found this and that did work, except it didn't execute /fsave before you were teleported between servers. What version of Bungee are you using?

Connor Gavitt

Jul 29, 2019
That's because /server goes to bungee before it gets to the server where the link with /fsave is.

However I found a fix for that, you can save a single players inventory position etc with bukkit so I made it save the player when they leave server1 and had linked the player files so when the y arrive at server2 the save would be done and the inventory would be linked. ( bungee moves so fast the server needs to have a high Write speed to save first)

Connor Gavitt

Jul 29, 2019
Ok, heres the Rcmds file I have linked in this post, keep in mind it is a entire general use plugin. ALSO if this version doesn't say "data saved" in console when a player leaves let me know, it means I messed up and upload the wrong version :p)

You still need the plugin EasyAll, it links the leaving action with /fsave

The player leaving will need permission for /fsave as well.

This did work for me because I had "mount --bind /Minecraft/world/players " on all servers so when it saves on 1 server it saves on all servers. You will also need to have a fast write speed to beat the player connection.

anyway thats all my ramblings that probably don't matter. :)

http://filepi.com/i/a5RTqsr (post a reply if it doesn't say "data saved" in console when people leave and ill correct the version in that link, I have a lot of versions all named the same thing. I know such a great organizer eh?)