Building a new HQM map: Crash Landings

Iskandar

Popular Member
Feb 17, 2013
As a warning. I over did it. Survival is way too hard. Lesson learned. This is why it is an alpha.

Strikingwolf

Jul 29, 2019
As a warning. I over did it. Survival is way too hard. Lesson learned. This is why it is an alpha.
Look at this pic of first night

Attachments

• 2014-05-17_20.04.37.png
    2014-05-17_20.04.37.png
    231.3 KB · Views: 186
Reactions: Padfoote

Iskandar

Popular Member
Feb 17, 2013
That is why I need a map maker. Next iteration will be including a shelter and increased water generation.

Strikingwolf

Jul 29, 2019
That is why I need a map maker. Next iteration will be including a shelter and increased water generation.
Yeah just died my last death :(
I will help with mapmaking if you want...set up a Teamspeak server and PM me if you are interested in my assistance

Iskandar

Popular Member
Feb 17, 2013
Ok, Alpha 4.

As before, drop it into the instance folder in MultiMC and there you go.

Changes: Redid hydration and toned things down. Takes more water to get dirt, but you get more water from dirt.
Removed the portable tank. You now start with 2 full Aqueous Accumulators.
Redid the quest rewards a little. Still bare bones, though.
Made spawn a bit safer and gave you a few more starter materials.

As an edit: I screwed up a little. You'll need to type /hqm enable at start. Forgot to reinit after leaving quest edit mode.

Iskandar

Popular Member
Feb 17, 2013
Ok, this is apparently more or less playable. I will release Alpha 7 tomorrow and then work to stabilizing the mod selection, and checking my mod permissions. If all goes well, maybe we can get a beta release next week.

Strikingwolf

Jul 29, 2019
I lasted till the 5th night on my try btw...I may start more map-building in a bit I am on a tight schedule with very sparse internet

Strikingwolf

Jul 29, 2019
I would like to know how we are supposed to get clay and then lava (crucible). Also, I have a map to submit to @Iskandar for the possible final version afer any changes Iskandar makes. However, I do not have WI-FI for my computer to send the map to Iskandar

Iskandar

Popular Member
Feb 17, 2013
Alpha 7 is now live. The modpack should now be fully playable. Look to the first post for the link. I am still balancing and tweaking things, and a lot of quests need to be implemented. I will be making more balance changes this week. Once I get that done I will be moving from alpha to beta and seeing if I can get it included on the FTB launcher.

Last edited:

Iskandar

Popular Member
Feb 17, 2013
Ok, map updated. I am now considering this the first public Beta. Check the changelog in the first post.

Iskandar

Popular Member
Feb 17, 2013
Oi. And now I have a headache. I need help. for one, I REALLY need a mod made for this to help deal with water source blocks. I could also use some collaboration on tweaking recipes, quests, and reward bags. Sorry progress has been slow, but this is proving to be a bigger task than expected.

ShneekeyTheLost

Too Much Free Time
Dec 8, 2012
Lost as always
If there is a mod for replacing BlockID's, you could simply replace ID9 (water source block) with something. If you are nice, you can use air. If you are mean, you could use ignited TNT...

Mevansuto

Jul 29, 2019
Oi. And now I have a headache. I need help. for one, I REALLY need a mod made for this to help deal with water source blocks. I could also use some collaboration on tweaking recipes, quests, and reward bags. Sorry progress has been slow, but this is proving to be a bigger task than expected.

Are you aware that in the ChickenCore Configs you can disable infinite water?

Iskandar

Popular Member
Feb 17, 2013
Are you aware that in the ChickenCore Configs you can disable infinite water?
Yup, and that doesn't do what I need. Both glass bottles and right clicking a water source block do not consume the source block. As long as water source blocks are placeable it makes hydration trivial. Wait until you build up 1 bucket of water, scoop up the water, place water, infinite hydration.

Not_Steve

Over-Achiever
Oct 11, 2013
Yup, and that doesn't do what I need. Both glass bottles and right clicking a water source block do not consume the source block. As long as water source blocks are placeable it makes hydration trivial. Wait until you build up 1 bucket of water, scoop up the water, place water, infinite hydration.
You can't place water from a glass bottle...

Iskandar

Popular Member
Feb 17, 2013
You can't place water from a glass bottle...

Not what I was saying. Filling a glass bottle does not consume the water block like a bucket. Also, you can drink by right clicking with an empty hand. This also does not consume the water block. Thus, as long as you can place 1 water source block you have infinite hydration.

However, I might have an answer for that....