Building a new HQM map: Crash Landings

Iskandar

Popular Member
Feb 17, 2013
Ooooh! Update to Environmine solves the water source block problem neatly. Moving the map to an ocean biome means all source blocks will be salt water. You drink, you end up losing more hydration than you gain. Spam drink...and bad, bad things happen.

Going to work on some more quests and the next beta will be out tomorrow.

Iskandar

Popular Member
Feb 17, 2013
Ok. Beta 1.0.2 is now available. Buckets are back. But, as a warning, do NOT drink from water source blocks. I mean you can, sure. Just it isn't the wisest idea....

Full changelog:
Beta 1.0.2
Buckets have been re-added.
A few more quests.
Change to the map. It is a bit less hot, but the environment is now ocean. Feel free to place water source blocks, for all the good it will do.
Also, watch VERY carefully what you are carrying and what you are near. Certain blocks and items might be very hot. Or very cold.
Map is now vanilla Hardcore. You get one life, but remember Sync is available. Making a shell will save your map if you die.

Iskandar

Popular Member
Feb 17, 2013
And I now have a title graphic. Behold:
Xh9C4Zv.png
Credit goes to Domochevsky for his excellent art, as always.

Reactions: Mevansuto

Wursti

Jul 29, 2019
I downloaded the pack yesterday, and i must say, it is awesome! Its perfectly balanced.
Obviously, there arent enough quests but i think that there will come more and more in the next few weeks.
I also have a bug report: Autonomous Activators seem to not work on sieves.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
This is good stuff Iskandar; I'm still keeping an eye on your project.

Oddly enough, I had almost the exact same idea shortly after AS came out: abandoned on some crap-planet. Instead of water-dependancy, though, I was interested in working with air.

The premise was that the area had no air, and you'd need to create oxygen "gas" blocks in your base to survive. A smaller room would be easier to keep oxygenated.
To work it, I figured I'd give the player a permanent poison "lack of oxygen" effect, which was only mitigated when you walked through an "air" block.

I presume your starship conveniently crashed somewhere with oxygen in any event so steve isn't in imminent danger :)

Iskandar

Popular Member
Feb 17, 2013
I downloaded the pack yesterday, and i must say, it is awesome! Its perfectly balanced.
Obviously, there arent enough quests but i think that there will come more and more in the next few weeks.
I also have a bug report: Autonomous Activators seem to not work on sieves.
Odd. I didn't change that. I thought. Let me check something

Edit: Aha! Um, I'll change it in the next beta, but for now go to your crowlyskyblock config and set sieve automation to true. Missed that somehow.

Iskandar

Popular Member
Feb 17, 2013
This is good stuff Iskandar; I'm still keeping an eye on your project.

Oddly enough, I had almost the exact same idea shortly after AS came out: abandoned on some crap-planet. Instead of water-dependancy, though, I was interested in working with air.

The premise was that the area had no air, and you'd need to create oxygen "gas" blocks in your base to survive. A smaller room would be easier to keep oxygenated.
To work it, I figured I'd give the player a permanent poison "lack of oxygen" effect, which was only mitigated when you walked through an "air" block.

I presume your starship conveniently crashed somewhere with oxygen in any event so steve isn't in imminent danger :)
Yeah, I wanted to do air but decided quickly that it wasn't feasible. Water was tough enough. And yes, the planet has oxygen. I'm actually building a story behind it.

My plan is to keep adding quests, a handful every few days so I don't burn out.

Also, this pack has now been approved to be put on the FTB launcher. Waiting on final confirmation. Private pack code: boom. Just not active yet.

Reactions: Mevansuto

xcuad

Jul 29, 2019
Hello.. i start playing the last patch a few night ago... first time playing a hardcore world... i dont understand the diminishing returns in food... I make new type of food but the count still is in the same number... how can I reset it?

And reading in forums find the mob's griefing should be off... so that's the only change i made to the game

PODonnell

Jul 29, 2019
Hello.. i start playing the last patch a few night ago... first time playing a hardcore world... i dont understand the diminishing returns in food... I make new type of food but the count still is in the same number... how can I reset it?

And reading in forums find the mob's griefing should be off... so that's the only change i made to the game
When you first start you get a grace period wherein you can eat the same food with full effectiveness. Once you've exceeded the grace period you'll need to switch food frequently. It sounds like you are still in the grace period.

BTW you should take such questions
http://forum.feed-the-beast.com/threads/1-6-4-crash-landing-hardcore-hqm-version-1-0-x-beta.46277/

xcuad

Jul 29, 2019
thanks for the advice... and sorry for replay here... but I said it wrong... the new type of food still drop the count one after eat it... i make sure that the food dont share the ingridients ... but the count keeps going down after i eat a new food that is just create... dont know what to do..

PODonnell

Jul 29, 2019
Okay, when you first create a world you get 36 "free" meals. In short whatever you eat decreases that number by one, but you get the full benefits of that food. Once you have eaten more than 36 times you'll want to switch food regularly. At that point if you fail to switch regularly you'll get less benefit from each food item.

Last edited:
Reactions: xcuad