Buildcraft Quarry Disappearing(Mindcrack)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tytaine

Jul 29, 2019
My quarry and everything attached to it disappears when I save, I have tried several times. I am using the latest version, and I only notice the error(in console) that ic2 spams that isn't patched in this version

kleshas

Jul 29, 2019
Same problem here on latest Mindcrack. Happens every time. Latest time it even created a new chunk centred on where the quarry item was. Usually it just deletes the quarry and connected items

noah_wolfe

Jul 29, 2019
Same issue in Ultimate (deletes quarry and connected items as soon as you apply power), though I notice it is only when defining a size larger than default (with markers). Placing the quarry down with default single chunk settings seems fine.

DarthHeap

Jul 29, 2019
I seemed to figure out a workaround, at least for now, although it is still a bit buggy.
my situation: i mapped out an area with landmarks, nothing too big, definately within the limits of the quarry. i then tried to put the quarry right outisde the red boundry lines created by the landmarks. the default size of the quarry was mapped out instead of taking the boundries that I set. therein lies the bug. i put the quarry on the red line, it took the mapped out area, and all seemed well. when I turned on the power, everything disapeared.

The quarry needs to be OUTSIDE the red line in order to work. The only point that I could put it ouside the red marked out area was the corner right next to one of the markers. Then all worked well. I am not sure if this is the same problem that everyone had, but it is most certainly related.

Thank you FTB for reanimating my love for minecraft!

WillR

Jul 29, 2019
Hey, hopefully someone can help, or maybe I just can't find the new thread.

3 Quarries have disappeared.

1) Always in twilight forest. (so far)
2) Yes the quarry was placed outside of the marked area.
3) The third time I did it, I had cleared area before placing the quarry, and when I came back, the hill had refilled where the quarry had been. Only the quarry, redstone battery, ender chest and the nearest few blocks of the frame are gone, the rest of the frame is intact and will not degrade.
4) I have had it happen with markers and without.

The only thing I can come up with is that I have been logging in from a second location, kicking myself offline (Different computer in a different building, same account) from the first location that I left running.

Thanks for any help.

UniZero

Popular Member
Oct 3, 2012
Scotland, UK
If you are quarrying in the twilight forest that was happening to me as well. I stopped using a chunk loader because the quarry chunk loads itself. As long as you place the quarry so that your pipes chests etc are within the chunk that the quarry loads it will stay loaded just fine.

I think this particular problem only happens in the twilight forest because there is no problem, for me anyway, in the overworld and I think mystcraft ages are fine also.

WillR

Jul 29, 2019
Nope, no chunkloader running, just the quarry itself. Grand total of 3 bit, (ender/quarry/battery), no pipes, pumps or otherwise. All immediatly adjacent to the frame of the quarry (the orange frame that is).

I will experiment tonight to see if I can narrow it down, I think I will try making sure the entire quarry is in the same chunk. I'll let you know.

kleshas

Jul 29, 2019
It's the enderchest - use an item tesseract. It's to do with the order of code that loads for each mod iirc.

Status
Not open for further replies.