Buildcraft pipe overflow has lead to unconnectable server

Status
Not open for further replies.

cactido

Jul 29, 2019
I run a server for four or five friends. One of them decided to chunk load his automatic bee farm. Thanks to the wonderful way Buildcraft handles pipe overflow and the fact that he didn't have any way to handle the overflow, over 16,000 bees and combs were spewed out onto the ground in a very small area on a single chunk.

It was taking extreme effort just to connect. It took me a while to figure out what was going on, but I managed to find the coordinates of the problem area. I used ForgeEssentials' remove command, which reported in the server console that it had removed over 16,600 items. Since I was able to connect reliably as long as I was away from the problem area (although the server would still struggle before I removed the items so the lag was unbearable), I figured the problem would be solved.

But now nobody can connect to the server. We've tried everything from a fresh server install with the world folder to fresh client installs. It's not like before where if you kept trying you could eventually connect. Now nobody can connect at all, no matter what they try or which part of the world they are in when they try.

When attempting to log in, the client will eventually fail and state there was an internal server error. The server console shows this when it happens:

Code:
2013-04-03 17:44:52 [INFO] [Minecraft] Disconnecting optravisprime [/192.168.1.33:58437]: Internal server error
2013-04-03 17:44:52 [SEVERE] [ForgeModLoader] Error handling login related packet - connection from optravisprime [/192.168.1.33:58437] refused
java.lang.NullPointerException
        at com.ForgeEssentials.data.ForgeConfigDataDriver.readClassFromProperty(ForgeConfigDataDriver.java:269)
        at com.ForgeEssentials.data.ForgeConfigDataDriver.readClassFromProperty(ForgeConfigDataDriver.java:286)
        at com.ForgeEssentials.data.ForgeConfigDataDriver.loadData(ForgeConfigDataDriver.java:68)
        at com.ForgeEssentials.data.AbstractDataDriver.loadObject(AbstractDataDriver.java:57)
        at com.ForgeEssentials.core.PlayerInfo.getPlayerInfo(PlayerInfo.java:44)
        at com.ForgeEssentials.core.PlayerTracker.onPlayerLogin(PlayerTracker.java:26)
        at cpw.mods.fml.common.registry.GameRegistry.onPlayerLogin(GameRegistry.java:369)
        at cpw.mods.fml.common.network.FMLNetworkHandler.handlePlayerLogin(FMLNetworkHandler.java:282)
        at gm.a(ServerConfigurationManager.java:143)
        at it.completeConnection(NetLoginHandler.java:198)
        at cpw.mods.fml.common.network.FMLNetworkHandler.handleClientConnection(FMLNetworkHandler.java:153)
        at cpw.mods.fml.common.network.FMLNetworkHandler.onConnectionReceivedFromClient(FMLNetworkHandler.java:107)
        at it.d(NetLoginHandler.java:182)
        at it.c(NetLoginHandler.java:75)
        at hu.a(ServerListenThread.java:56)
        at ht.b(SourceFile:29)
        at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.r(MinecraftServer.java:703)
        at ho.r(DedicatedServer.java:269)
        at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.q(MinecraftServer.java:599)
        at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:497)
        at fy.run(SourceFile:849)
2013-04-03 17:44:52 [WARNING] [Minecraft] Failed to handle packet for optravisprime [/192.168.1.33:58437]: java.lang.NullPointerException
java.lang.NullPointerException
        at com.ForgeEssentials.data.ForgeConfigDataDriver.readClassFromProperty(ForgeConfigDataDriver.java:269)
        at com.ForgeEssentials.data.ForgeConfigDataDriver.readClassFromProperty(ForgeConfigDataDriver.java:286)
        at com.ForgeEssentials.data.ForgeConfigDataDriver.loadData(ForgeConfigDataDriver.java:68)
        at com.ForgeEssentials.data.AbstractDataDriver.loadObject(AbstractDataDriver.java:57)
        at com.ForgeEssentials.core.PlayerInfo.getPlayerInfo(PlayerInfo.java:44)
        at com.ForgeEssentials.core.PlayerTracker.onPlayerLogin(PlayerTracker.java:26)
        at cpw.mods.fml.common.registry.GameRegistry.onPlayerLogin(GameRegistry.java:369)
        at cpw.mods.fml.common.network.FMLNetworkHandler.handlePlayerLogin(FMLNetworkHandler.java:282)
        at gm.a(ServerConfigurationManager.java:143)
        at it.completeConnection(NetLoginHandler.java:198)
        at cpw.mods.fml.common.network.FMLNetworkHandler.handleClientConnection(FMLNetworkHandler.java:153)
        at cpw.mods.fml.common.network.FMLNetworkHandler.onConnectionReceivedFromClient(FMLNetworkHandler.java:107)
        at it.d(NetLoginHandler.java:182)
        at it.c(NetLoginHandler.java:75)
        at hu.a(ServerListenThread.java:56)
        at ht.b(SourceFile:29)
        at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.r(MinecraftServer.java:703)
        at ho.r(DedicatedServer.java:269)
        at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.q(MinecraftServer.java:599)
        at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:497)
        at fy.run(SourceFile:849)
2013-04-03 17:45:05 [INFO] [Minecraft] optravisprime lost connection: disconnect.endOfStream

Running the remove command from the server console on the same area shows that zero items were removed, which presumably means that the command did what it was supposed to. However, this is also the last change that was made to the server before everyone was no longer able to connect.

Is this world toast, or can we save it somehow? I've exhausted my limited understand on how to fix this problem. If someone can help us out, I couldn't even begin to say how grateful we would be.

Status
Not open for further replies.