Buildcraft gates and advanced machines

legion565

Jul 29, 2019
So I am trying to use a gate to output redstone signals to start my engines to pull items out of my machines like compressors and what not. I have found this to be ineffective with the rotary macerator and induction furnace however because if you detect if there is something in the inventory then if there is anything in the battery slot or the secondary slot for these machines it detects that there is something in inventory and starts the engines. Now the problem is the pipe doesn't draw from those slots, and I have to fill those slots so that overflow of items doesn't go into those slots, because they do for whatever reason even though im only piping input from the top. So does anyone have any ideas how to get this to work properly? Or maybe a way that pipes won't pipe into the bottom and secondary input slots of the macerator and furnace?

ShneekeyTheLost

Too Much Free Time
Dec 8, 2012
Lost as always
Umm... why bother? Just have your redstone engine going full bore. That way it is faster when you do need it. Like you said, it isn't going to be taking anything it isn't supposed to, so what is the harm in it being always on?

Fuzzzie

Jul 29, 2019
I personally stopped using Advanced machines for maceration because of this issue. I've been using Thermal Expansion Pulverizors, Powered Furnaces and Induction Furnaces. which seem to do a bit better job. With the pulverizor you wont have the issue of extra slots to fill, however if you use the induction furnace for processing you'll run into the same issue with the gates as you need sand for the process.

legion565

Jul 29, 2019
Umm... why bother? Just have your redstone engine going full bore. That way it is faster when you do need it. Like you said, it isn't going to be taking anything it isn't supposed to, so what is the harm in it being always on?
Because its not just redstone engines im also using electrical engines for the macerator and furnace because they are much too fast for the redstone engine, and the electrical engines take quite a bit of power when running full time.

Fuzzzie

Jul 29, 2019
Because its not just redstone engines im also using electrical engines for the macerator and furnace because they are much too fast for the redstone engine, and the electrical engines take quite a bit of power when running full time.

I would suggest Advanced Solar Arrays. God I love that mod...

b0bst3r

Jul 29, 2019
Why not just set the gate to "redstone signal off" ~ "Energy Pulser" that way the gate is always on (unless it's near a redstone signal).

Edit - You need to use an Autarchic Iron gate to get the energy pulser option and this wouldn't require any redstone engines, the gate itself will output the items.

legion565

Jul 29, 2019
Because again that is not quick enough to keep up with the rotary macerator and the induction furnace as I have said before.

b0bst3r

Jul 29, 2019
You do realise like a redstone engine the gates speed up over time and they are in fact quicker than a redstone engine at full speed?

legion565

Jul 29, 2019
That still doesn't help me when the macerator is producing items at a rate of about 15x a redstone engine and I wind up having a stack of items in about 15 seconds

Cloud

Jul 29, 2019
Try using a cheaper engine like the steam engine so you can keep it on at all times.

legion565

Jul 29, 2019
Ok so you people are really not helping me. Please if you reply don't tell me to use a new engine or use something else I only want to know if you have a solution for this problem if not please stop I don't want to change my engines or method of removing the items.

Narcisism

Jul 29, 2019
Try using a diamond pipe on the top. They work like insertion pipes, now, so you shouldn't end up with overflow in other slots. As for extracting, you're saying "My macerator runs too fast for stuff, so I need a way to make stuff get pulled out faster." The only way to do that is to use a more powerful engine. OR you could just wait till Saturday. That's the planned release date for the mod pack and Red Power. Redpower can pull out as fast as you set the timer to. Set it to every 0.2 seconds and connect it up to a retriever. Done.

mfgamesys

Jul 29, 2019
if you want fast extraction try a thermal expansion energy cube you can adjust to what speed you want it to take stuff out it works like a charm you can charge it else where and just place it and turn it on and off when needed with a lever too.

legion565

Jul 29, 2019
That does not help what so ever either I use the engines because they pull faster that is basically a convienence for me i dont care about how fast really just as long as its not a redstone engine but i do care about when they are running

DR3ADLORD

Jul 29, 2019
How about you use routers? I mean Routers are really quick and powerful machines when used appropriately. I will show you my ore processing setup using the factorization mod and routers to automate it.