Bug? - Rednet Cables And RF Power

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

FTB_Time

Jul 29, 2019
I understand that rednet cables can transfer RF into EU.

In my setup, I have a tesseract powering a resonant energy cell connected to a rednet cable. It is set to output on the same side as the cables.

Once in game, it works fine and the induction furnaces get powered, however when I log off, the power stops and it requires me to break and replace either the rednet cable or the tesseract?

ScottulusMaximus

Jul 29, 2019
I don't think you mean Rednet cables? Mekanism universal maybe?

Either way, make sure it's chunkloaded across the entire cable run

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
MFR has powered rednet cables that can carry RF. Didn't know though that they could also convert to EU. Never actually used/needed them.

suprra

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah I use these to power the extractor and stuff but I also find that randomly the engines will stop getting rf and if i click them with a wrench they work again, quite annoying.

ScottulusMaximus

Jul 29, 2019
Well you learn something new everyday...

If all above is true it seems it's a bug, lucky you!!! Now you have to find a work around;)

suprra

Jul 29, 2019
I haven't been in my world for a couple days and used the EU engines but I noticed while it is in... uhh cable connection I think? It seems to work a bit more effectively, while it's in the other mode I think that's when it wigs out, can't say for sure though.