Open Breaking Obsidian Snake Stone gives missing block

S

Sorbe

Summary of the problem Breaking Obsidian Snakestone gives missing block

Pack Version 2.5.4

What is the bug? Placing "Obsidian Snakestone" (1197:13) in the world and then breaking (silk touch) gives another undefined block (1197:12) back.

Unlike 1197:13, the undefined 1197:12 block cannot be chiseled back into normal obsidian or anything else.

Mod & Version Chisel-2.9.5.11.jar

Link to log file

Is it repeatable? Yes.

Known Fix Don't ever break the block, or expect to re-chisel it.

Scottly318

Jul 29, 2019
Not sure if this changes anything... But did you try not silk touching it? Just a curiosity to see if it does the same thing,

S

Sorbe

Actually, that was an interesting test. I made 4 blocks, put 3 in the world and broke 2. One using pickaxe with silk touch and one without.

The first two blocks with and without silk touch returned the same original 1197:13 block. (which is inconsistent with earlier results).

The third block (which I wasn't originally going to "break"), returned an 1197:14 block when I broke it with a silk touch pickaxe.

The original 1197:13 blocks can be put back into Chisel and turned into other known obsidian blocks, including normal obsidian.

The two "weird" snakestone blocks 1197:12 and 1197:14 both cannot be changed by chisel any more and "Undocumented".

This seems like a chisel bug -- but it might still be some sort of mod pack "block" definition issues. The icons for the blocks in NEI show the pattern as rotated -- maybe that is a solid clue.

RxeTcvEs.png

0iw4EPTC.png

UH7PU8dh.png

Darkosto

Jul 29, 2019
Alright, thanks for the info and the pictures. I'll take a look at what I can do with this.

Greystoke

Jan 7, 2016
By the way, I do like the Obsidian Snake Stone for filling in the gap rows around my blood altar. Not sure if it's intended or not, but the stone has nice particle effects, really adds to the overall ambiance.

S

Sorbe

Oh yes, it's very nice. :) I use it as the borders on my The End based "cubic" mob grinder for Endermen (they drop dimlets), Pech (mana beans), and Wisps (Ethereal Essence).

RealKC

Popular Member
Dec 6, 2015
King of the Hill
What I'm guessing that happened is that when you broke the block with silk touch it gave you the block in the position that was placed in the world. Placing and breaking it without silk touch should give you the block that can be chiseled. This is most likely a mod issue.

S

Sorbe

I believe that that Chisel mod inappropriately changes the block id for the snakestone blocks, depending on it's current rotation, using undefined 1197:x values.
When you break the block, with or without silk touch, it just uses it's current 1197:x value rather than the original documented 1197:13 value.

This might be fixable if the other two block values were "ore-dict" defined to be equivalent to 1197:13.

It's worth noting that there are THREE different general types of snakestone blocks: sand stone(1195:13), smooth stone(1196:13) and obsidian(1197:13). And all of them have this "rotation = facing" block id issue. Which, of course, means they also need the same ore-dict alias fix.

Last edited: