Breach: The Lost Apprentice [HQM] [Early WIP]

Iskandar

Popular Member
Feb 17, 2013
And back to work. I've had some thoughts. I'm beginning to suspect that HQM isn't necessary for this pack after all. It would significantly reduce development time. What I will probably use in its place is Lore Expansion, as most of what I need to do is convey information to the player.

I have taken over the Technic packs. This will cause a delay in development for Breach, can't be helped. That said, this project is still a priority. And working with Technic allows me to use the Solder platform to push betas, which should make the process much, much more streamlined for all involved.

Magzie

Mar 26, 2014
And back to work. I've had some thoughts. I'm beginning to suspect that HQM isn't necessary for this pack after all. It would significantly reduce development time. What I will probably use in its place is Lore Expansion, as most of what I need to do is convey information to the player.

I have taken over the Technic packs. This will cause a delay in development for Breach, can't be helped. That said, this project is still a priority. And working with Technic allows me to use the Solder platform to push betas, which should make the process much, much more streamlined for all involved.
Last pack most of your time was spent on the HQM. Let me know when Beta starts and i'll do a Video for you if you want. In the mean time i'll keep checking in.

efefe48

Jul 29, 2019
How will the starting map look?
Fancy like Agrarian Skies?
Plain like Skyblock?
Or empty feeling like Running Red?

Magzie

Mar 26, 2014
To bad you can't change the sky color to something more Magic feel to it...:)

Iskandar

Popular Member
Feb 17, 2013
And Breach: TLA lives. Well, at least the initial set of mods loads, which is important. No item or potion ID conflicts.

Initial mod list, still a little in flux:
B7WDJ8bCMAA0pO-.png:large

Reactions: Yulife

Iskandar

Popular Member
Feb 17, 2013
That special mobs mod scare me for some reason
I'd be more afraid of Mob Properties. I can alter mobs based on the biome they spawn in. This wasn't relevant in Crash Landing. It will be very relevant here.

I'm going to take full advantage of the fact that this map won't be hardcore and the fact that the player will, eventually, have access to some very powerful armor and weapons. Which means I won't feel too guilty if I roflstomp you quite a bit in the early game with very, very unfair tactics.

pc_assassin

Jul 29, 2019
[QUOTE="Iskandar, post: 881242, member: 32227]No item or potion ID conflicts. [/QUOTE]

There are no more id conflicts for items anymore, potion effects OTOH I'm not so sure about.

Also. THAT WAS YOUR FIRST TIME LOADING IT???????

Sent from my tüber-powerful tablet that I got for $40 new. -Using potato waves!

Iskandar

Popular Member
Feb 17, 2013
[QUOTE="Iskandar, post: 881242, member: 32227]No item or potion ID conflicts.

There are no more id conflicts for items anymore, potion effects OTOH I'm not so sure about.

Also. THAT WAS YOUR FIRST TIME LOADING IT???????

First time loading it with all mods accounted for. I've loaded partial instances before to work on stuff. And it took two tries, I had to downgrade CoFH Core to a previous version. Once I did that it started right up.

Last edited:
Reactions: pc_assassin

pc_assassin

Jul 29, 2019
First time loading it with all mods accounted for. I've loaded partial instances before to work on stuff. And it took two tries, I had to downgrade CoFH Core to a previous version. Once I did that it started right up.
Ah I see now. Carry on.

Spacecowboy

Jul 29, 2019
I'd be more afraid of Mob Properties. I can alter mobs based on the biome they spawn in. This wasn't relevant in Crash Landing. It will be very relevant here.

I'm going to take full advantage of the fact that this map won't be hardcore and the fact that the player will, eventually, have access to some very powerful armor and weapons. Which means I won't feel too guilty if I roflstomp you quite a bit in the early game with very, very unfair tactics.

Sounds like fun... Reminds me of the first time I came too close to an obelisk in the DW20 pack, you will be able to make some really nasty things that'll be fun to see. And since it's not hardcore, death won't be TOO big of an inconvenience, especially if we get those nifty gravestones that keep our crap from scattering like grenade shrapnel. Glad to see the progress, really looking forward to this. Also curious how you'll be using Ender IO alongside all of the magic mods, it's been a fun mod to learn.

Shakumia

Jul 29, 2019
As long as your "early game stomping" Isn't spawning us next to one of them Eldritch thingies, never again...

Iskandar

Popular Member
Feb 17, 2013
Sounds like fun... Reminds me of the first time I came too close to an obelisk in the DW20 pack, you will be able to make some really nasty things that'll be fun to see. And since it's not hardcore, death won't be TOO big of an inconvenience, especially if we get those nifty gravestones that keep our crap from scattering like grenade shrapnel. Glad to see the progress, really looking forward to this. Also curious how you'll be using Ender IO alongside all of the magic mods, it's been a fun mod to learn.
A tech mod was needed for processing the shards from the Fluxed Crystals. Ender IO appears to be it. I may end up dropping TE, actually.

Iskandar

Popular Member
Feb 17, 2013
As long as your "early game stomping" Isn't spawning us next to one of them Eldritch thingies, never again...
I plan to make a small area near where the spawn is Mushroom Biome or similar to stop spawns. Beyond the safe area things will get bad, and a bit beyond that...worse.

Shakumia

Jul 29, 2019
I plan to make a small area near where the spawn is Mushroom Biome or similar to stop spawns. Beyond the safe area things will get bad, and a bit beyond that...worse.
I like the idea of starting in a Mushroom biome, that's a neat use of it's anti-spawning behaviour.