Botania Mod PLZ HELP!!

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

joshandtylertheppl

Jul 29, 2019
Hi guys and i started playing botania on the ftb mage quest pack. i watched some tutorials but I'm still confused on how to get the day bloom and others. i put in all the right items and petals but its still not working, what am i missing.

netmc

Jul 29, 2019
Double check that you actually placed all the petals in the pedestal apothecary. I have had cases where I right-clicked the petal, and instead of throwing it in accidentally "planted" the petal in the ground behind the apothecary. If you place a block down in front of the apothecary, you should be able to jump up on it and look down and count the petals in the apothecary and verify that all of them actually made it in. The seeds should not go in. When you drop in the seeds, it should get a *poof* and you should get the daybloom immediately.

*Edited for clarity on the right-click action*

Last edited:
Reactions: Wagon153

Celeste

Jul 29, 2019
speaking about Bontania, is there a certain combination or arrangement for the petals?

mathchamp

Jul 29, 2019
Petal apothecary steps:
  1. Add water (generally with a bucket).
  2. Throw the ingredients into the petal apothecary. You should hear a splashing sound with the item going into the water. The order in which you add the items does not matter.
  3. Throw seeds in. Vanilla seeds should all work. Seeds from other mods may or may not work. As soon as the seeds go in, the water, ingredients, and seeds will all be immediately consumed and you will receive the product.
  4. Repeat steps 1-3 for each item you wish to produce. However, if you are producing multiple of the same item, on Step 2 you may right click on the petal apothecary with an empty hand and it will automatically add the ingredients you last used. Thus, when making many of one item, the steps after the first are add water, right click with hand, then throw seeds in.
I personally throw the items in from my inventory into the world, where they then go into the petal apothecary. I haven't tried right-clicking the items in, but I am guessing that is functional as well. You have to be careful, since the area which the petal apothecary responds to right clicks isn't particularly big (I will often spill my water instead of refilling the petal apothecary).

Reactions: SpitefulFox

Azzanine

Jul 29, 2019
One annoying thing with Botania's GUI light philosophy is that you end up relying on the finniky and inconsistent vanilla drop mechanics. Sometimes you might miss your mark or throw more then you need or the wrong petal in. When my petal apothecary doesn't work I usually empty my hand and take the petals out and start again.
Also pay attention to whether the recipe needs mana petals. Thankfully these days Botania has NEI integration.

I used to rebind drop to the P key because it was a nuisance accidentally dropping gear in panic. But botania changed that... I could just open my inv, drag the item and right click but then I'm just crafting from a GUI lol.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

CaptPanda

Nov 20, 2012
Britland
One annoying thing with Botania's GUI light philosophy is that you end up relying on the finniky and inconsistent vanilla drop mechanics. Sometimes you might miss your mark or throw more then you need or the wrong petal in. When my petal apothecary doesn't work I usually empty my hand and take the petals out and start again.
Also pay attention to whether the recipe needs mana petals. Thankfully these days Botania has NEI integration.

I used to rebind drop to the P key because it was a nuisance accidentally dropping gear in panic. But botania changed that... I could just open my inv, drag the item and right click but then I'm just crafting from a GUI lol.

the open crate always drops directly down, so placing items in that can get the perfect drop.
Now I've just had an idea about autocrafting flowers!

Reactions: Type1Ninja

Azzanine

Jul 29, 2019
I am going to assume you are thinking about AE right? Auto crafting ome at a time works but crafting multiples could get tricky. As the interface can potentially dropp things in the wrong order.
Say you want it to craft 2 Endoflames, if the interface drops 2 regular red petals first it won't craft.
You may be able to regulate this petal order with CC or SFM though. But it may get tricky to program.
Actually an AEless flower crafting system would be a nifty project. Like a red powered press button get flower deal.

Zelfana

Jul 29, 2019
I just automated refilling the apothecary with water and dropping seeds right after. It is toggleable with a lever. When making multiple of the same flower just make one first and then you just right click the petal apothecary with an empty hand and let the automation handle water and seeds. I think it is good enough for the amount of flowers you would even make.

Azzanine

Jul 29, 2019
Maybe Vas should add something to the coporreal spark system. Like you type a flowers name or a specified code word and it will drop the petals or a specified sequence of items when commanded.
Actually I wonder if it can already do that.