BoP question.

Zealstarwind

Jul 29, 2019
Hey guys I've been playing BoP pre my FTB days and loved its world gen, my gal loved XLbiomes but also convinced me to get into FTB, so I did. Long story short I've had an amazing time rubbing it in her face when we gen'd in an amazing world.. there's just one problem... I've encountered an ocean that literally spans for what seems endless. Is this supposed to be how the BoP worldgen works? Going any direction is ocean and We've explored 10k... is world gen working as intended in this case or is it broke? I know oceans are massive but this is crazy as there's no islands or anything and it's nothing but abysal spheres (dots?) on the ocean floor... I've found at least 7 strongholds under the oceans (due to chunk loading errors) and more then 100 mineshafts..

Anyone know if I could force more land then oceans perhaps? so I can actually get islands?

PeggleFrank

Jul 29, 2019
That's vanilla world gen. The ocean biomes are enormous.

I can only suggest you go into creative mode and make some landfills if you want to continue building on solid land.

Reactions: SatanicSanta

PeggleFrank

Jul 29, 2019
ew... we got Biomes o plenty in now... can I remove vanilla biomes once the game is already made?

Unfortunately, no. You'll need to explore new chunks. Although, changing the world type to BIOMESOP should break some things and cause land to generate instead of ocean, however ugly the transition from ocean to land may be.

Zealstarwind

Jul 29, 2019
will def check this out, hopefully it doesn't break the world, will save a backup before I do... this beta pack is certainly buggy lol..

Reactions: PeggleFrank