BoP Biome 'Overhaul' Confusion!

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Stretch5792

Jul 29, 2019
When the Direwolf20 1.5 private pack came out, I loaded a BoP world and ended up finding one of my favorite biomes: Field. It had a plains terrain with tall grass on almost every single grass surface, and a dotting of 2x2 oak trees.

CLa4eB3.jpg

However, when I load up a different world on the same mod pack, no matter the version of BoP I use, the fields seem to just be greener plains with roses and maybe a few 1x1 trees along the biome edges, as confirmed by the image in their Biomes spoiler on their forum page.

iJySzch.png

The change log on their forum says that on May 17th they "Overhauled the Field biome" for an earlier version (0.5.3) but no more information as to what that might mean. Not only that, but published on August 10th Direwolf20 put out his Season 5 SMP Episode 61, where, at the end of the video, he visits a Mystcraft age Xcom made. The moment he enters the age, the book and all of Xcom's machines are in the field biome I first described, confirmed by the fact that Dire pushed F3 while standing between the 2x2 trees, it says Field in the biome label.

Assuming that Forgecraft 1 is using a 1.5.2 minecraft version of BoP, it is well after the original overhaul by at least 6 versions.

I guess my questions are:
A. Is the biome in the video a sub-biome that's unlisted or perhaps the field has several different versions of itself?
B. What version of BoP are they using in Forgecraft 1 at the time this was recorded?

(P.S. I am trying to make a Mystcraft book with the Field biome page, but I'm pretty inexperienced with this mod, so I don't know if what I find would be credible.)

Stretch5792

Jul 29, 2019
Update: Additionally, I went into the BoP config and turned off all biomes except fields and generated a few worlds. Not once did the biome appearing in the first image show up.

Stretch5792

Jul 29, 2019
If this is supposed to be the new Field biome it sucks.

While I would agree, I don't care about which is better. I just need clarification on why both of these biomes are labeled field, and nothing in the change logs nor the forum seems to accurately explain what's going on

Sadistical_satan

Jul 29, 2019
Actually there are three "field" biome's that exist within BoP..

The field in the first image just happens to be the rarest to find.
It will normally spawn when there is either a "plains" biome or a "forest" biome nearby, sometimes attached by a river.

The field in the second photo is a bit more common, it will generate if it's attached to either a "pine forest" ,a "shrubland" ,a jungle type biome or a rocky type biome.

the third field type can be distinguished as a giant barley field.
(however this field biome may have an actual name in 1.6.X)

Stretch5792

Jul 29, 2019
Actually there are three "field" biome's that exist within BoP..

The field in the first image just happens to be the rarest to find.
It will normally spawn when there is either a "plains" biome or a "forest" biome nearby, sometimes attached by a river.

The field in the second photo is a bit more common, it will generate if it's attached to either a "pine forest" ,a "shrubland" ,a jungle type biome or a rocky type biome.

Ah, thank you very much! That's actually pretty helpful. Does it have to be strictly THE "forest" or "plains" biome, or can it be any forest or plains type biome that registers as such in the forge biome dictionary? And if it's the latter, how/where can you tell what belongs to what type?

the third field type can be distinguished as a giant barley field.
(however this field biome may have an actual name in 1.6.X)

Isn't that a "Pasture" biome?

Wekmor

Jul 29, 2019
Dunno what the barley biome is called, but it's something that starts with a p.

And the Field biome you found was the only one I found. Hmm should play less ultimate, but meh just got my matter fab :(