Open Server Boltz n Voltz | 1.1.2 | Anarchy

• This section is now closed. Server owners can remake their threads in the new server section here. If you are looking for a server you can use both this section and the new section for the time being.
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

SirCarl

Jul 29, 2019
The cheater was kingclone99. One of Nnja_'s friends I think. Also, how come you've stopped playing? Did you give up after you got raided?

Hoff

Tech Support
Oct 30, 2012
Not really a fan of backstabbers.

Also not really cut out for raiding. I don't like messing with others stuff. I just like helping people along.

SirCarl

Jul 29, 2019
I'm actually not a fan of raiding either, but the thing I like about on raiding servers is you're allowed to do anything. For some people, this means they raid everybody, for others, they band together with friends and go after 1 bugger :p

Morrigi

Jul 29, 2019
Been having a pretty serious bug. My inventory keeps rolling back to the starter stuff and my position is always at spawn whenever I relog. Losing your inventory and location is a massive pain in the ass, but it also opens up a comically easy way of duping stuff.

EDIT: Oh, and now the server's crashed. And at least two or three other people have been experiencing the same inventory glitch.

SirCarl

Jul 29, 2019
Hey Morrgi,

Yeah I was in bed whilst these issues occurred. I managed to address the issue today. It was because there was no more space on the disk. I have since increased the disk size by 5x, so hopefully this will solve any issues that were experienced.

Cheers,
Carl

SirCarl

Jul 29, 2019
Also, enabled cron jobs again... so in the event of a crash, it should take either a minute of 30 minutes for the server to auto-start (depending on the type of crash).

Tntrololol

Jul 29, 2019
Hey Carl. The server crashed about 45 min ago and apparently it wasn't able to auto restart. Hopefully it was nothing too bad. I think I speak for all of us when I say that we appreciate all that you do to keep the server up and running. (I've been on some very poorly maintained servers before)

Pyrolax09

Jul 29, 2019
What TNT says is true, the server did crash and has been offline for a while, It may have been twilight, Which lately as you saw today, has extremely PISSED me off with the amount of lag it is producing. Now don't take this the wrong way Carl, You own and manage you server with extreme experience and run one of the most smooth and clean servers, when it is working correctly, I've ever seen, So thank you for what you and how you do it. Hope you are able to fix the crash if it will not restart. Thanks again! :):p:rolleyes:

TheKittehface

Jul 29, 2019
Yea...if you could just do me a favor and find out what's making the server crash and/or get it back up, that'd be greeeeeat. Thanks.

SirCarl

Jul 29, 2019
Hey guys, thanks for the kind though seemingly frustrated words :p The issue wouldn't have been the twilight. The problem is that I was running a clean up of all corrupted chunks as they were causing so many issues. I was in bed whilst this ran as it was late but had no other time to do it. It did crash the server, which I'm not surprised about, though it didn't auto-start because it did a rather bizarre crash which I haven't see before.

Hopefully that's the end of the majority of the issues and the server can hit 100% uptime again over the coming week. I'll be looking into speeding up the twilight world on Sunday... I have some ideas, which should help dramatically increase it's performance once I upgrade the server.

SirCarl

Jul 29, 2019
Hey guys, just to update you all. I have just upgraded the server. The server is now running with 36GB of RAM. This means I have been able to move the Overworld back into RAM for better performance. I have also moved Twilight into RAM in hopes to help solve some of it's issues.

ijamZa

Jul 29, 2019
Got a problem, Carl... Trying to connect, and I'm getting the error "Cannot resolve hostname." I haven't changed it at all, but it just refuses to work now. Don't know if you did anything while I was away or not, but either way, what's happening? :p

Edit: Neeeever mind! xD

SirCarl

Jul 29, 2019
It fixed itself ijamZa? Not entirely sure why that happened. I had a similar issue earlier. Let me know if you can't connect for a while again.

Tntrololol

Jul 29, 2019
Hey Carl, I'd just like to mention that my friends and I (Fernz11 and Jackndabox42) are pretty much ready to make our Myst age. We spent part of today gathering the necessary pages from villagers. So far we have pages for biomes, sun, moon, stars, time, weather, and extra features. (Not sure if I'm missing something there) Anyhow, in the case that I am right about the bug with the mod, fixing our world may take a quick server restart. I'll do a dry run in SSP to be sure. It's up to you when you want to create it though. Jack, Fernz, and I all live in the same time zone and are pretty flexible time wise. Sooner rather than later would be preferable. Anyways thanks again for answering all of our questions the other day. I know we kind of swarmed you lol. This server kicks ass! :D

Tntrololol

Jul 29, 2019
Fernz11 apparently crashed the server somehow by clicking on a messed up TE liquiduct filled with mob essence which triggered an internal server error. So far it hasn't restarted by itself. If there's something wrong with a chunk you know where we live on the server so hopefully it's an easy fix. Thanks again for being such a good host. :)

Pyrolax09

Jul 29, 2019
Well mike has gone too far..AGAIN, He was being racist to a new player and said to me that he was going to hack my computer, steal my credit card numbers, my PIN numbers ect. ect. This is too far and completely unacceptable....I have many vouchers for this and do have screenshots if needed. I hope you do the right thing here Carl, thank you for your time as well, and keep the server amazing :)

SirCarl

Jul 29, 2019
Hey Pyro. Racism isn't a big deal imo, who cares what some fool says? Just /ignore him. The whole hacking thing, he's just some kid making idle threats. Kids crying out about that stuff just makes me laugh.

Anyways, there will be assholes, it's an Anarchy server. You could make him quit the server by raiding him, or just ignoring him. Either way, meh.