Open Server Boltz n Voltz | 1.1.2 | Anarchy

• This section is now closed. Server owners can remake their threads in the new server section here. If you are looking for a server you can use both this section and the new section for the time being.

SirCarl

Jul 29, 2019
URL: ftb.boltznvoltz.com
Ultimate version: 1.1.2

Decided to create this server because I was getting fed-up at the amount of servers with so many rules, item bans, and other limitations.

On this server, anything goes. You can raid, PvP, grief, it's all good. Playing with unfair advantages though, such as x-rays, dupe glitching, fly mods, etc, will not be tolerated. I tend not to ban really, but I will destroy everything you have.

Points worth noting:
  • No world borders, go as far out as you want
  • No limitations for non-donators, because I don't like the idea of pay to win
  • No abusive or childish admins, they ruin too many people's games
  • 16GB of RAM, about 3GHz dual-core of CPU power
  • World is stored in RAM, to help with load speeds
  • I'm a 24 y/o Web Developer, so I'm capable of maintaining the server
  • Only 1 banned item (canvas bag)
  • Keep inventory on death (after a vote, may disable this)
  • No resets
  • Should be around for a long time as I have the funds and knowledge to keep it running
Mystcraft is limited. You will need to provide me with the pages so I can make the book myself, and there is also a rule of 3 people per Mystcraft age. Mainly to avoid server crashes.

The server only has Factions, Essentials, and WorldEdit (to fix spawn land whenever it gets nuked). I like it when servers are simple. Don't like to over-complicate things. If anybody has any suggestions though, such as building a spawn, adding in economy, or adding another plugin, I'm open to these suggestions and will keep note on demand.

Look forward to seeing you guys for some happy raiding!

Cheers,
Carl

SirCarl

Jul 29, 2019
Nnja_ and kingclone99. Both banned for attempting to dupe (auto-crafting dupe, and black canvas bag), as well as using hacks (unable to be hit, and then playing completely invis... free of particles... and un-hittable). It's a shame, as you guys were good to have on the server, and even though it's anarchy you broke the only rule - no cheating.

BringBacon

Jul 29, 2019
2013-06-07_20.08.30.png
Hello, yes.. I was playing here and I died and, 2times I died by TJMAGIC because he was killing people that spawned, and I think it was him who put the Portal up at spawn that led to a death of Lava, but I don't know about that one. anyways here is my proof I said "spawn and die, thank you TJMAGIC" and he said "<3"

SirCarl

Jul 29, 2019
Well, it is anarchy, and he's not stealing your shit when you spawn so meh. You obviously got away, so you could have just /home at any point.[DOUBLEPOST=1370655606][/DOUBLEPOST]I have asked him to take it easy on the spawn killing. It is allowed really, but if he over does it (like keeping a portal under spawn for a long time) then I'll look into it.

Hoff

Tech Support
Oct 30, 2012
Then we have an issue. I've been talking to several people and no one can get them to place blocks. I'm betting one of the addons somehow made the method they use to place blocks OP only. You would have to be the one to test that theory of course.

SirCarl

Jul 29, 2019
How does a turtle know if somebody is an OP or not? Anyways, there seems to be some errors with placing blocks. I'll have a look, but if it's part of the mod pack, not a lot I can do. What do you want turtle placing things for?

Hoff

Tech Support
Oct 30, 2012
How does a turtle know if somebody is an OP or not? Anyways, there seems to be some errors with placing blocks. I'll have a look, but if it's part of the mod pack, not a lot I can do. What do you want turtle placing things for?
I mine with turtles and use them to place ender chests. Another guy wanted to build his house with it. It's not part of the mod pack though since I can do it in SSP and other servers. I meant like Essentials or some other thing.

Hoff

Tech Support
Oct 30, 2012
I've found that it's something with ComputerCraft and the factions addon. Computercraft uses a fake player to do several things including attacking, breaking blocks, placing blocks, and a few others. The odd thing is even when the fake player is given proper permission(Which is odd since the permission of the fake player should be tied to your user anyway) it still cannot perform properly.

I'll try to see if I can find any solutions for it since I imagine other FTB servers have used the factions addon before.

SirCarl

Jul 29, 2019
Hm. Yeah not sure man. Let me know what you find. I can't just go op'ing the turtle, might cause other issues.

ijamZa

Jul 29, 2019
Hey mate, sorry to go off topic, but do you have the Gregtech "hard-mode" recipes enabled? Cheers!

Hoff

Tech Support
Oct 30, 2012
Uhhh what was I banned for? I did nothing wrong to my knowledge.

E: Just saw the message. I'd suggest breaking the melee turtles.

Cik

Jul 29, 2019
No world borders, go as far out as you want, is ridiculous. Might as well not be anarchy, because it completely defeats the purpose of the chance or happenstance of player / community / faction engagement with a gross amount of map-space which inherently enables everyone to be protected from anyone, by virtue of landmass.

This is as close to a pve no-grief or no-raiding server as there is without actually calling it that.

SirCarl

Jul 29, 2019
Yesterday I believe around 5 bases were raided and a bunch of people got their gear stolen. A couple even quit because they couldn't hack it. Hardly PvE.

SirCarl

Jul 29, 2019
Okayy. Made some changes to the server today. Canvas bag is no longer banned, and managed to fix a couple of things.

Server is running fine. Have a 99.7% up time, with an average player population of 8-18, which is great. Have only had to perma-ban 1 player so far as they were using cheats. A couple of temp-bans for duplicating, but otherwise a good player base.

A few more people quit the server today because they got raided. If you're going to play on this server, then be aware it is a raiding server. If you get raided you will just have to deal with that and continue playing... in return though, you get to raid :p