Blood N Bones [Hardcore Survival]

Anesos

Jul 29, 2019
Hey Anesos. I remember you mentioning in one of your episodes how to automate fresh water, but I can't find it. What was the method/episode?
Love your show,
A cyclic assembler (with power) or liquicrafter (with a clock) should do the job for ya. I just made a barrel full of fresh water once and never made any more again. You'll need a bunch of water for it of course, probably from dynamic tanks and a rain collector.

And I guess I'll mention that once you've killed the End Dragon, you can craft an aqueous accumulator and create water for free, but my dynamic tank setup seems to be more than sufficient anyway.

Suddenlyz

Jul 29, 2019
No, you shouldn't get drowning damage from blood magic potions. At least I haven't seen that in my game. Is it a particular potion? Or all of them?

As for the iron swords... It looks like they aren't in the roguelike-loot.cfg. I think this was planned to be a first round of loot updates, but won't get another update until BnB 2. This was added in BnB 1.1.2, so you'll only find the old default loot spawns in dungeons generated in 1.1.1 or earlier.

A few options:
- Add iron swords (267) to the roguelike-loot.cfg and generate new chunks / new dungeons
- Delete roguelike-loot.cfg which would restore the default loot spawns - new chunks / dungeons of course
- Remove recipes.remove(<267>); in minetweaker which should let you craft one
- Or just cheat it in... heh
It seems to only be my flight potions, they let me fly but cause me to drown...To be honest it feels fair this way as flight is so powerful for fighting the ender dragon. I'll try and fiddle with the configs to fix it later.

Youtube_SaltyPvP

Jul 29, 2019
yes, i made this pack as STUPID difficult as possible without making it completely impossible. its specifically designed to be a hardcore challenge pack where, at least at the start, there is little breathing room. At no time did i want a player to feel "safe" from the world around it. Its a pack designed to be the complete opposite of something like Unleashed or most other modpacks that have tech in them. There is no uberarmornothingcanhurtmeaftermyfirsthoursworthofplay or weaponthatcankillalmostanythingrightfromthestart.

this pack is definitely not intended for a casual player.[/QUOTE
Hey Dude can you make this modpack everyone can play please

JohnTzimisces

Jul 29, 2019
@Youtube_SaltyPvP
Based on this and your previous post, it isn't clear what issue you're having. If you're asking about how to get Blood and Bones, you need to download the FTB launcher, and blood and bones is located under the 3rd party tab. There isn't a private code.

junkmachine

Jul 29, 2019
So i noticed that many of the metallurgy ores are not explosive proof...... aka with some tnt and some luck you can skip to the final teirs of metals. As an alternate it seems that the ettin also breaks and drops anything that isnt around obsidian level hardness. Combine this with the entity mover item means you have a way to "mine" any of the metallurgy metals by moving the ettin next to them then picking the ettin back up at only the cost of 2 emeralds and 3 obsidian.

NunoAgapito

Jul 29, 2019
So i noticed that many of the metallurgy ores are not explosive proof...... aka with some tnt and some luck you can skip to the final teirs of metals. As an alternate it seems that the ettin also breaks and drops anything that isnt around obsidian level hardness. Combine this with the entity mover item means you have a way to "mine" any of the metallurgy metals by moving the ettin next to them then picking the ettin back up at only the cost of 2 emeralds and 3 obsidian.
Its a bug from creeper collateral mod and considered an exploit.

No blocks should survive explosions...

Sent from my CUBOT ONE using Tapatalk

Reactions: JeremyTheObscure

JeremyTheObscure

Jul 29, 2019
To my knowledge, the only approved means of skipping metal tiers is to melt down found items (iron bars, cauldrons, flint and steel) in the smeltery. I pretty much never make a copper pick because iron bars are everywhere even if you don't find a cauldron.

sqitchy

Jul 29, 2019
I had a friend play BnB for the first time yesterday. Oh the joy of his expression when he found a village and night came, then I told him he better hide on a roof. He was half way up, then the creepers came and the idea of them destroying their way in made him start freaking out lol!

junkmachine

Jul 29, 2019
To my knowledge, the only approved means of skipping metal tiers is to melt down found items (iron bars, cauldrons, flint and steel) in the smeltery. I pretty much never make a copper pick because iron bars are everywhere even if you don't find a cauldron.

If thats true then my ettin miner is probably a exploit to skip teirs and needs to be fixed somehow. I kinda like the ettin just because of how mean he is towards bases but the entity mover item probably isnt necessary and can just be disabled to prevent this exploit.

Reactions: Eyamaz

dtherrien

Jul 29, 2019
I saw @Anesos mention invaders might be broken and haven't seen any since I started playing (probably at least 20+ hours of real life playtime) Has anyone confirmed that yet or know what I should flip to get them back? I feel like I'm getting off easy since there haven't been any invaders.

JeremyTheObscure

Jul 29, 2019

MarcNemesis

Jul 29, 2019
Ok, I'm at a loss here. A week ago, i was playing ona multiplayer server with BNB 1.1.5. Everything had been fine for weeks. Out of nowhere, i logged off and when i came to log back in, server wouldn't work anymore. Now i've tryed restarting it but to no avail. I tryed loading BNB 1.1.3 and it works fine. Anyone else have been experiencing multiplayer server problems with 1.1.5?

As for the crash log, i have no idea how to get it o.- If someone tell me how, i'll gladly spoiler one.

Edit: My friend and I seem to have found a "temporary" fix by using 1.1.3 mods of DragonAPI, Cave Control, EnderForest (v24 instead of V25.) I'm assuming i might encounter problems in the futur since i honestly have no idea of what i'm doing for the most part :D But in the mean time, i can now start the server once again using BNB 1.1.5 No longer required

Edit #2: Turns out it was the the host provider's side that part of the issue was occuring.
Problem: A couples of mods are looking for updates but can't connect to the host thus jamming the startup. The host provider cranked the crash recovery time from 3 to 5 minutes. This fixed the problem we were having on my server.

Last edited:

xcuad

Jul 29, 2019
hey... i just defeat the Ender Dragon... after i went through the portal that the dragon left I appear back in my base but all the covers, fluiducts, energy conduits and itemducts wasnt there... like they disappeared...

P.S.: Nice touch with the music Eyamaz

JeremyTheObscure

Jul 29, 2019
hey... i just defeat the Ender Dragon... after i went through the portal that the dragon left I appear back in my base but all the covers, fluiducts, energy conduits and itemducts wasnt there... like they disappeared...

P.S.: Nice touch with the music Eyamaz

I thought the music was from Hardcore Ender expansion, not a specific Eyamaz addition.

As for the disappearing microblocks and ducts, it maybe that they just didn't get rendered. Have you reloaded the game since you noticed they were missing?

Reactions: Eyamaz