Blood N Bones [Hardcore Survival]

JohnTzimisces

Jul 29, 2019
My first thought from hearing "Redwood forest" was that they weren't growing because there's leaf blocks between the crops and sky, which is a hunger overhaul thing (crops can't have anything between them and the sky to grow).

krazy_kow

Jan 9, 2014
Soooo... Bound armor is pretty much useless it seems. Looks like the whole yellow heart system prevents it from working like it should. Instead it acts as ironish level non-enchantable armor with the possibility of adding sigils.

Good thing I tested this in creative first :)

JeremyTheObscure

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks for checking -- I was wondering if the 100% percent protection would translate into the highest possible number of absorption hearts. I guess not.

MarcNemesis

Jul 29, 2019
My first thought from hearing "Redwood forest" was that they weren't growing because there's leaf blocks between the crops and sky, which is a hunger overhaul thing (crops can't have anything between them and the sky to grow).

Leaf block do not prevent growth as they are considered transparent block. So that shouldn't be the cause of the problem.

Anesos

Jul 29, 2019
Leaf block do not prevent growth as they are considered transparent block. So that shouldn't be the cause of the problem.
I had hoped that, but leaves do indeed block the growth of both farm crops and cactus at least. I've seen both of those in my playthroughs. I haven't tested tree saplings, but I would expect the same issue.

sqitchy

Jul 29, 2019
I had hoped that, but leaves do indeed block the growth of both farm crops and cactus at least. I've seen both of those in my playthroughs. I haven't tested tree saplings, but I would expect the same issue.

There are no leaves, or absolutely anything obscuring the plants from the sky.

Trees and plants don't grow, despite being in a biome that's generated only from a forest biome. I should test the ground to see if they grow there to eliminate whether the problem is the sky or Forest. At this point it doesn't really matter though lol.[DOUBLEPOST=1414960664][/DOUBLEPOST]Then again I do have world edit ^-^

MarcNemesis

Jul 29, 2019
Then i would assume it depend on the leaf block and/or the ammount of layer since i'm using Jungle Tree leaves abive my farms and it didn't prevent growth (i'm only using 1 layer though and they were placed, not grown.)

Edit#1 :: Thanks @Eyamaz for the info on striking :)

Last edited:

Anesos

Jul 29, 2019
To commemorate my 100th attempt at Hardcore Blood N' Bones (an achievement that is a testament to both my persistence and my noobishness), I decided to make a Let's Play. Enjoy!
Best LP ever! :)

Seriously though, thanks for the laugh. Some times the RNG just kills your spawn and it's all over.

As for creating the world, leave it as Default and BoP will work properly. It's set to "enhance" the default world. If you switch to BoP type, it breaks cave generation pretty badly. Or at least it did last time I heard about it.

Hope 101 is better to you! :)

JeremyTheObscure

Jul 29, 2019
Best LP ever! :)

Seriously though, thanks for the laugh. Some times the RNG just kills your spawn and it's all over.

As for creating the world, leave it as Default and BoP will work properly. It's set to "enhance" the default world. If you switch to BoP type, it breaks cave generation pretty badly. Or at least it did last time I heard about it.

Hope 101 is better to you! :)

Thanks! I really like your LP.

Also, thanks for the info on the world generation. I have noticed that caves look somewhat odd, but I didn't connect the two.

Reactions: Anesos

BugsyJG

Jul 29, 2019
Is their anything special you have to do in regards to finding Adamantium ore for adamantite? i have been strip mining in the nether for almost a week now from level 30 all the way up to 114 and not found a single one nor can i find it in the dream world, i have watched earlier versions of BnB on youtube where people find them quite simply but yet i have no luck at all....is it just me? any help would be appreciated quite far into the mod pack now and would really like to go the end :)

NunoAgapito

Jul 29, 2019
Is their anything special you have to do in regards to finding Adamantium ore for adamantite? i have been strip mining in the nether for almost a week now from level 30 all the way up to 114 and not found a single one nor can i find it in the dream world, i have watched earlier versions of BnB on youtube where people find them quite simply but yet i have no luck at all....is it just me? any help would be appreciated quite far into the mod pack now and would really like to go the end :)
http://forum.feed-the-beast.com/threads/public-pack-blood-n-bones.31815/page-210#post-803720

JeremyTheObscure

Jul 29, 2019

Spoiler Alert -- I didn't die within the first minute this time.

I probably won't post anymore of these on the forums unless I reach a major milestone. If you want to keep up with my hardcore adventures, feel free to subscribe.

krazy_kow

Jan 9, 2014
So... this just happened:

noekwger.png

rbu9bs9m.png

Accidental right click with the bound Pickaxe... And it also killed all the conduits. Yay!

Last edited:

JeremyTheObscure

Jul 29, 2019
so the ore definitely spawns in the Dream World? as the NEI shows it as a nether ore, i'm confused!
If you follow the link that NunoAgaptio shared for you, you will see that Adamantium spawning was accidentally set too low. To fix it, change the config as described in the post, and then go to an ungenerated area to do your mining.