Blood N Bones [Hardcore Survival]

shadoweye404

Jul 29, 2019
While I am enjoying the exploit, fish jerky (14371:4) is providing far to much saturation. It doesn't show the bonus on the tooltip when you shift-point, but it definitely is providing quit a boost. It looks to be about 3/4 of a haunch of saturation.
make a healing axe...

PODonnell

Jul 29, 2019
make a healing axe...
The healing axe is a bit down the tech tree for me, I tend to play hardcore making the healing axe quit an achievement. I have yet to even see a division sigil.

Anyways my op still stands as its an innapropriate early game boost.

ampen

Jul 29, 2019
Which mods handle the golems and turrets? i'm trying to find out my options but since they arent in NEI i cont find recipes. I know there are iron snow and obsidian golems and it made me curious about the rest.

Chris Caldwell

Jul 29, 2019
Which mods handle the golems and turrets? i'm trying to find out my options but since they arent in NEI i cont find recipes. I know there are iron snow and obsidian golems and it made me curious about the rest.
I think it's called utility mobs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Anesos

Jul 29, 2019
Wow, weird timing! I just recorded an episode on this yesterday. Haven't got it edited / uploaded yet though.

Yeah, it's Utility Mobs, but they look like they are from Minecraft itself in Waila. And yeah, NEI doesn't help much here. You can find the manuals by looking up the Uses for a book and quill and then figure it out from there. Book and quill + pumpkin is golem manual, Book and quill + dispenser is turret manual, and there are several others.

PODonnell

Jul 29, 2019
Please tell me you actually disabled those stupid things in 1.2 @Eyamaz? :p
They do seem more than a little cheesy for a mod developed around hardcore survival. I know there are people who get tired of the food and hunger mechanics....., but then there are several other mods packs for those who don't want to have to remember to pack a lunch when they go mining.

ampen

Jul 29, 2019
I just wanted to go ahead and remind anyone playing hardcore to backup their world frequently. I chose not to because I thought that it would tempt me to just reload my world if I died in a fair manner. Turns out I died because i placed a block of cobble and somehow ended up inside it and suffocated to death because it wouldn't break which in my opinion would justify reloading it if i had an old save. Guess I'm starting from scratch again... This pack is a ton of fun but really makes me hate it sometimes.

Eyamaz

Jul 29, 2019
interim update. Since the rebalance for 1.2 is going to take me forever to get done, i'm going to push an update on the 1.1 branch. 1.1.3 will only contain mod updates, excluding the m3 update because it requires a world reset.

Edit: ok, and a few config changes. Damn you anesos!

Last edited:

ampen

Jul 29, 2019
another quick question. Eyamaz mentioned somewhere that hostile worlds is disabled on servers by default (for a good reason). Since I am starting a small server with friends I would like to turn it back on. Which line in the config file do i have to update? right now it says difficulty=1 which i'm guessing is the line i need to adjust but I don't know if it would actually be controlled by a different file.

superckl

Jul 29, 2019
another quick question. Eyamaz mentioned somewhere that hostile worlds is disabled on servers by default (for a good reason). Since I am starting a small server with friends I would like to turn it back on. Which line in the config file do i have to update? right now it says difficulty=1 which i'm guessing is the line i need to adjust but I don't know if it would actually be controlled by a different file.
The mod file itself is what's disabled. Just go into mods and remove the .disabled suffix from Hostile Worlds.

PODonnell

Jul 29, 2019
I just wanted to go ahead and remind anyone playing hardcore to backup their world frequently. I chose not to because I thought that it would tempt me to just reload my world if I died in a fair manner. Turns out I died because i placed a block of cobble and somehow ended up inside it and suffocated to death because it wouldn't break which in my opinion would justify reloading it if i had an old save. Guess I'm starting from scratch again... This pack is a ton of fun but really makes me hate it sometimes.
*shrugs* when I play hardcore, I play hardcore. If I manage to suffocate myself I try to learn from it rather than call in "unfair"..... most deaths in BnB could be called "unfair".... That said when I was 16 hours into a map and rain induced lag allowed Lacedon to surprise me, shattering my boat, leaving me vulnerable to their attack, I was "unhappy". It was odd, I steered past the first then lagged back to where he was.... my boat was shattered and a pack was on its way... :-( Now days I head to shore and build a hut to overnight in at first sign of rain.

That said I do keep one map that I play something like HQM. In short upon start I allow myself 5 deaths then for every 8 hours of active play I "forgive" myself a death.

I wonder if Eyamaz has ever considered adding something like HQM. Within Bnb true hardcore is a bit...... rough. That said anymore I just feel like un-limited deaths feels like I'm using a "god" code.

Eyamaz

Jul 29, 2019
*shrugs* when I play hardcore, I play hardcore. If I manage to suffocate myself I try to learn from it rather than call in "unfair"..... most deaths in BnB could be called "unfair".... That said when I was 16 hours into a map and rain induced lag allowed Lacedon to surprise me, shattering my boat, leaving me vulnerable to their attack, I was "unhappy". It was odd, I steered past the first then lagged back to where he was.... my boat was shattered and a pack was on its way... :-( Now days I head to shore and build a hut to overnight in at first sign of rain.

That said I do keep one map that I play something like HQM. In short upon start I allow myself 5 deaths then for every 8 hours of active play I "forgive" myself a death.

I wonder if Eyamaz has ever considered adding something like HQM. Within Bnb true hardcore is a bit...... rough. That said anymore I just feel like un-limited deaths feels like I'm using a "god" code.

there are two items available to respawn you in BnB playing HC. one is craftable, the other is not until 1.2

PODonnell

Jul 29, 2019
there are two items available to respawn you in BnB playing HC. one is craftable, the other is not until 1.2
Yeah, I have yet to mess with the Witcher poppets... I should break down and do so. My comment was more about it being hardcore so you need to suck it up and move on than an actual complaint.

Deadlygazebo

Jul 29, 2019
I've been playing BnB lately, and am really enjoying it. However, i've been randomly crashing lately, without warning, rhyme, or reason. Only similarities between the crashes are that i'm in my base, a stone-brick floating base that i've completely flooded the outside of with sludge. In case it matters, i'm running 1.11 BnB and i've caved and edited the configs to disable water creepers. and lowered update frequency of the special lightning mod, since that was killing my comp.

Pastebin of the crash log is here: sorry if it's a bit large, because i'm not sure if i should set it to "minecraft" or "launcher" so it's on "all". http://pastebin.com/8iujRixM

Any help on how to fix it would be highly appreciated.

:Edit forgot to post debug code. fixing it now... Welp. It appears to have corrupted itself. gonna start the pack again on the latest patch.

Last edited:

Blargerist

Jul 29, 2019
I've been playing BnB lately, and am really enjoying it. However, i've been randomly crashing lately, without warning, rhyme, or reason. Only similarities between the crashes are that i'm in my base, a stone-brick floating base that i've completely flooded the outside of with sludge. In case it matters, i'm running 1.11 BnB and i've caved and edited the configs to disable water creepers. and lowered update frequency of the special lightning mod, since that was killing my comp.

Pastebin of the crash log is here: sorry if it's a bit large, because i'm not sure if i should set it to "minecraft" or "launcher" so it's on "all". http://pastebin.com/8iujRixM

Any help on how to fix it would be highly appreciated.

:Edit forgot to post debug code. fixing it now... Welp. It appears to have corrupted itself. gonna start the pack again on the latest patch.
Did it not create a log in your crash logs folder?

PODonnell

Jul 29, 2019
I expect this to be an issue with Tinkers construct rather than the BnB pack, but pouring a seared brick consumes an entire block of seared stone.

selageth

Jul 29, 2019
Hello everyone. I have a quick question: I have been enjoying BnB immenseley during the last weeks (1.1.1 for MC 1.6.4), and have recently started playing with magical crops. Now, according to the MagicalCrops wiki each plant has a chance of about 20% to drop further essence (see here: http://magicalcrops.weebly.com/magical-crops.html). I have a field of 8 coal plants and been harvesting for about the tenth time now, but they haven't dropped anything but coal essence and nature essence yet.

Is the dropping of magic essence deactivated in BnB?