Blood N Bones [Hardcore Survival]

Thorgan8

Jul 29, 2019
Could somebody help me with modifications?
I want to put a creeper head on an iron pick. I can put it on a copper pickaxe (iron head, paper binding, wooden rod) but it won't work on the iron one (iron head, paper binding, wooden or iron rod).
I have no idea why.

SiberianPhoenix

Jul 29, 2019
I always kinda interpretted that line as normal dungeons. Perhaps, more of a question for Eyamaz as it doesn't actually state that roguelike dungeons are emabled only that "dungeons" are enabled.

larae1929

Jul 29, 2019
Could somebody help me with modifications?
I want to put a creeper head on an iron pick. I can put it on a copper pickaxe (iron head, paper binding, wooden rod) but it won't work on the iron one (iron head, paper binding, wooden or iron rod).
I have no idea why.
I think u can only modify copper picks with them now. It changed as u used to be able to modify iron like that as well

Mikhaila666

Jul 29, 2019
its under roguelike mod changes

I haven't seen them, and i don't think they would appear in the dreamworld for the reason that you don't have mobs in the dreamworld.

Casually wander through the lower levels of dungeons scooping up the treasure? Just don't see that happening.

Thorgan8

Jul 29, 2019
I think u can only modify copper picks with them now. It changed as u used to be able to modify iron like that as well
Ah, so the tool tip is wrong? Too bad.
Then how do I get past that mining level? Leveling up the pickaxe I suppose, but there has to be another way.

Last edited:

ampen

Jul 29, 2019
has anyone else had a problem with their knapsack disappearing? every time i die or log out it disappears along with all its contents. Not too big a deal but if you remember to remove it when you log out but my minecraft crashes quite often (about once an hour) so i lose a lot whenever that happens
also what mining level mines obsidian? i'm trying to make a nether portal but my boosted damascus pick wont break it and i dont see any more advanced metals without the nether.

Mikhaila666

Jul 29, 2019
has anyone else had a problem with their knapsack disappearing? every time i die or log out it disappears along with all its contents. Not too big a deal but if you remember to remove it when you log out but my minecraft crashes quite often (about once an hour) so i lose a lot whenever that happens
also what mining level mines obsidian? i'm trying to make a nether portal but my boosted damascus pick wont break it and i dont see any more advanced metals without the nether.

You can make a tank, fill with lava, use a fluiduct to put it in the smelter at a duct, then add a tank of lava. Pour out the obsidian.

Anesos

Jul 29, 2019
Never had that knapsack problem. I did have a problem where it would always keep the same inventory after every logout. Actually.. maybe that is the same issue and yours is just saved empty? Mine happened after upgrading a world from one of the 1.0.x to the next 1.0.x. Turned out the NBT data that stores what's in your knapsack got changed at some point. I wouldn't expect anyone on 1.1.x to have the problem, but if you're upgrading an old world, take a look at your player.dat (multiplayer) or level.dat (single player) and look for the Tinker's Construct Knapsack data. If you have 2 copies of it, one is old and causing problems. You'll have to delete the old entries. Make sure you back up your .dat file first though!

You should be able to break obsidian with your Damascus steel pickaxe. I don't think it even needs to be boosted. But, it will take a LONG time to break.

And yes, you can make obsidian in the smeltery by putting water and lava into it via a drain, but you should also be able to dig it with your current pickaxe.

ampen

Jul 29, 2019
actually i was having my knapsack itself disappear as in the item itself was gone. A few minutes after posting that a zombie with a diamond pic broke into my tunnel came up behind me while i was mining and killed me but that time the knapsack stayed though it was empty. This is a new world so im not upgrading or anything.
i assumed that since it was taking so long to break that it would be one of those cases where the block breaks but you dont get to keep it (like breaking brick by hand)
Thanks

PODonnell

Jul 29, 2019
While I am enjoying the exploit, fish jerky (14371:4) is providing far to much saturation. It doesn't show the bonus on the tooltip when you shift-point, but it definitely is providing quit a boost. It looks to be about 3/4 of a haunch of saturation.

grim GrapE

Jul 29, 2019
HALP; I haven't seen an error like this before, because my brother and I play lan all the time on ftb unleashed. we moved to BNB for a challenge, he started a lan as usual, and when i try to connect i see the error: "Connection timed out: connect" can anyone help? i tried to host on my computer too, didin't work

Chris Caldwell

Jul 29, 2019
HALP; I haven't seen an error like this before, because my brother and I play lan all the time on ftb unleashed. we moved to BNB for a challenge, he started a lan as usual, and when i try to connect i see the error: "Connection timed out: connect" can anyone help? i tried to host on my computer too, didin't work
I haven't tried the LAN mode. Have you tried to connect to it like a normal server (using the IP address)?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Anesos

Jul 29, 2019
Not sure what the issue is for your LAN world, but just thought I'd mention it worked fine for me.