Blood N Bones [Hardcore Survival]

silentrob

Jul 29, 2019
Is there any easy way to transport the contents of chests, because once you start in a cave and you want a decent base I don't know how to transfer stuff easy, I was thinking backpacks but I seem to have a lack of cow.

There's a few options...
The dolly from JABBA lets you pick up a chest and move it. It gives you some debuffs though (Slowness and Mining Fatigue I believe)
Plastic Bags from MFR. They've only got 5 slots each, but they're pretty easy to make.

Also, leather doesn't just come from cows. I haven't killed any cows yet, and I've got over 30 leather. I believe Trolls, Jabberwock's, and Ettin have all dropped leather for me. In fact, I'm having more trouble with getting the string needed to upgrade my backpack.

Mikhaila666

Jul 29, 2019
Cotton is your friend for string, both varieties make it. Once you get a drawplate, you can convert wool to string, but that's not a starting option. Dollies and plastic bags can let you move chests easier, at least letting you get a chest plus a full inventory moved each trip.

Peptide

Jul 29, 2019
Is there any easy way to transport the contents of chests, because once you start in a cave and you want a decent base I don't know how to transfer stuff easy, I was thinking backpacks but I seem to have a lack of cow.

Late game you can use a transposer to swap 2 chests with each other and have project red / AE empty them. Late game this is how I mine, it's the only way to keep up with a bound pick.

Reactions: Eyamaz

Prominthore

Jul 29, 2019
Like some others, I also have the "problems" with the spider that keeps growing and the trents who cause a ctd. However, that wasn't the reason I made this account.

Been playing hardcore BnB for quite a while now but I find the current build to be way too easy.
1.0.7 was the most fun but I stopped playing due to the annoying meteors. The 1.1.11 world however got deleted this week because it became just plain boring.
I soon found myself just exploring the world to get all the saplings, fruit trees, ... and I didn't even need the hole in the ground for the occasional mob.
Since there was no difficulty, I couldn't even be bothered to go to the nether.

Where are the silverfish with ridiculous health, the overwhelming amount of mobs at night, the continuous waves of invader zombies, ...?
I thought the purpose of this modpack was to make it insanely difficult (without making it impossible) and make you feel unsafe.
The current situation however: gone is the urge/need to rush things (for instance the 1st day), gone is the "always expect the unexpected" feeling, gone is the challenge, ...

It's not all bad though. I do like the expanded grief list and the Spice of Life mod (although 5 of each food makes it yet again too easy).

Anyway, I just had to make this account to get this of my chest (if I don't speak up, things might never change).

/edit: some mod suggestions to spice it up: Thirst, Advanced Darkness and Infernal Mobs (without the drops).

/edit 2: another top of my hat suggestion: move some foods to other worlds (carrot, potato, ... only dropped by zombie pigmen, ...)?

It sounds to me like something is wrong with your game. When night comes for me I have a stupid amount of mobs swarming around my base, and even after the sun rises there are many that don't die. I usually have to kill 5-10 creepers and a bunch of fire zombies and probably some skellies hiding under trees just to get out of my base. And I can't last for even a minute outside after dark even with full Damascus armor. Maybe your difficulty setting is set on peaceful or something?
The silver fish are in smaller clusters but more frequent and if you can kill them with one hit then they don't swarm.
This game is still ridiculously hard and now the food thing and the fact that mobs grief most thing makes it even more crazy.
So much fun.

Stroam

Jul 29, 2019
Oh...

Did I leave that in?
^^; yes, ya did. I'm guessing that's gonna change next update. But first let me check. I've only used them creative so let me see if you can craft them.

edit: yep, it's craft-able and can still move spawners.

Last edited:

sagragoth

Jul 29, 2019
How exactly are you supposed to progress, technology-wise? Flint -> Smeltery -> Copper -> add mob head -> Iron -> ???

Mikhaila666

Jul 29, 2019
infinite anything = removed.

does a cobble gen still work? :p

Compared to the stuff in MFR, the igneous extruder is pretty tame :)

Useful for when you need a ton of materials for building. Only downside is that it helps to create the deepdark portal pretty quickly.

superckl

Jul 29, 2019
@Eyamaz
@Glassmaker
Speaking of Damascus Steel, I have two questions.

1. Why is it brown? In reality it looks just like other steel, but with a really cool swirling pattern...

2. Why does it take bronze? Modern theories suggest things like plant biomass in combination with iron, but I haven't seen anything about bronze.

Eyamaz

Jul 29, 2019
@Eyamaz
@Glassmaker

1. Why is it brown? In reality it looks just like other steel, but with a really cool swirling pattern...

2. Why does it take bronze? Modern theories suggest things like plant biomass in combination with iron, but I haven't seen anything about bronze.

:shrug:
You would have to hunt down and ask Keith and Shadow.

Blargerist

Jul 29, 2019
@Eyamaz
@Glassmaker

It's quite amusing, isn't it? From what I read on he subject, the "high oven" from tinkers steelworks is relatively close to how one makes "real" damascus steel, while the iron + bronze alloy doesn't exist in reality.

Prominthore

Jul 29, 2019
How are people dealing with this electric cloud around invader portals now?[DOUBLEPOST=1402865547][/DOUBLEPOST]
Oh...

Did I leave that in?
You should take out the diamond Dolly and make the regular dolly have the old diamond dolly recipe.

Glassmaker

Jul 29, 2019
@Eyamaz
@Glassmaker

1. I'm guessing it was based on antique Damascus steel sword like this one

2. not sure of that, yeah it's basically because of charcoal and burning wood.

It's quite amusing, isn't it? From what I read on he subject, the "high oven" from tinkers steelworks is relatively close to how one makes "real" damascus steel, while the iron + bronze alloy doesn't exist in reality.

Mhm, it's close. :)

Not sure about the choice for it's being an alloy of iron and bronze, I haven't ask shadow or keithy about the choice they made for it.

Pvaulter

Jul 29, 2019
I am having a error occur when I go to launch the pack it says error: could not create java virtual machine.. Have no clue how to make the pack work.

Prominthore

Jul 29, 2019
I'm alive... Barely...
:p

Attachments

• 2014-06-14_21.17.38.png
    2014-06-14_21.17.38.png
    174.5 KB · Views: 89