Blood N Bones [Hardcore Survival]

Matthew Wilkins

Jul 29, 2019
I cant figure out where to download it.. Its not in the modpacks downloads and i cant find anywhere else.. can somebody please help me?

Stroam

Jul 29, 2019
The slabs are only a little bit more easy than the other blocks that do the same. It'd be silly to remove them. If gravity was turned on that'd make my life more difficult.

Reactions: Eyamaz

-shhfiftyfive

Jul 29, 2019
i know adding microblocks, etc to the mob grief list is good for the game's difficulty, but it has limited us as to what kind of stuff we can use to make a base look good/aesthetically pleasing/fresh, to avoid it looking like every other base - ever.

i don't know a specific solution, but i do wish some fancy glass and some fancy (full) blocks were not on the grief list. microblocks like covers - sure, but the full blocks which those covers are made out of... it would be nice to use them w/o worrying about the grief list.

vanilla glass, sure, grief that. glass covers and microblocks. sure. but maybe tinkers glass or something would be safe?

i do not understand the logic in adding wool to the grief list. i don't plan on making a base out of wool, but the fact that its on the grief list just means we are that much more limited to what blocks we can decorate our base with.

and if you do prevent us from using slabs for crafting non-slab blocks (i think you know which one we've been using recently) that will just make the base building phase that much less enjoyable because of how ridiculously long it takes to make a large base out of vanilla stone to accommodate for multiplayer. plus its boring making a base out of vanilla stone bricks.. it encourages me to just say forget it and make the base out of dirt. i'd rather not.

maybe there's a few mods out there that you can add that gives us more options for decorative building blocks?

as of now, its looking like we have 2 choices. vanilla stone bricks (tinker's chisel), and vanilla sandstone (4 sand per) + chiseled variants. both are tedious to gather enough for a large base. both get old quick as far as looking at. and lack of glass to contrast compounds that feeling.

Last edited:
Reactions: Doctorious

Hedy101

Jul 29, 2019
could someone help me please i want to install BnB v 1.1.1 but when i try to select it only have till v 1.0.7 Any help would be awesome
i deleted everything in my FTB folder and reinstall again and still same

Regards,

Hedy

Doctorious

Jul 29, 2019
could someone help me please i want to install BnB v 1.1.1 but when i try to select it only have till v 1.0.7 Any help would be awesome
i deleted everything in my FTB folder and reinstall again and still same

Regards,

Hedy

Sure I can help you out.

0. Close the launcher and any other minecraft related program.
1. Start the launcher select Options
2. Check that there is nothing blood and bones related in the install folder. Delete it if there is.
Press Force update and go back to Modpacks
4. Select 1.1.1. From the builds and click Launch.

If you are still having any trouble, please come back and we shall work on another solution. Please provide any screenshot or logs of any errors.

Reactions: tetshio

Doctorious

Jul 29, 2019
i know adding microblocks, etc to the mob grief list is good for the game's difficulty, but it has limited us as to what kind of stuff we can use to make a base look good/aesthetically pleasing/fresh, to avoid it looking like every other base - ever.

i don't know a specific solution, but i do wish some fancy glass and some fancy (full) blocks were not on the grief list. microblocks like covers - sure, but the full blocks which those covers are made out of... it would be nice to use them w/o worrying about the grief list.

vanilla glass, sure, grief that. glass covers and microblocks. sure. but maybe tinkers glass or something would be safe?

i do not understand the logic in adding wool to the grief list. i don't plan on making a base out of wool, but the fact that its on the grief list just means we are that much more limited to what blocks we can decorate our base with.

and if you do prevent us from using slabs for crafting non-slab blocks (i think you know which one we've been using recently) that will just make the base building phase that much less enjoyable because of how ridiculously long it takes to make a large base out of vanilla stone to accommodate for multiplayer. plus its boring making a base out of vanilla stone bricks.. it encourages me to just say forget it and make the base out of dirt. i'd rather not.

maybe there's a few mods out there that you can add that gives us more options for decorative building blocks?

as of now, its looking like we have 2 choices. vanilla stone bricks (tinker's chisel), and vanilla sandstone (4 sand per) + chiseled variants. both are tedious to gather enough for a large base. both get old quick as far as looking at. and lack of glass to contrast compounds that feeling.

I see your point of view, however it makes me curious on how to work around the toughness that he is creating for us. Yes, there will come and invasion unless its disabled by you or the serverside. However, at this very moment I'm having outter defense build up from the good old ugly bricks and dirt, but the inner base you could pretty much do as you please. Just keep in mind that it needs to be at a certain lightlevel.

IMO everything that is not added within the terrain gen should be griefable. Though I too, think there should be so me blocks down the road that could not easily be obtained by the mobs. Maybe some reinforced or such.

it makes it hard indeed, in my SMP im doing a semi skybase/castle build and my SP im in the ocean with a tower build.

tetshio

Jul 29, 2019
Make a lava moat then make like a tower. Or if underground, just like someone (sorry forgot who said it to me in this thread), encase your base in lava and have a good way to make two exits just in case.

Another question, is a warp book available in this modpack?[DOUBLEPOST=1402408787][/DOUBLEPOST]
how to download?

Go download FTB launcher if you haven't. BnB is in the modpack list at the left.

Doctorious

Jul 29, 2019
Make a lava moat then make like a tower. Or if underground, just like someone (sorry forgot who said it to me in this thread), encase your base in lava and have a good way to make two exits just in case.

Another question, is a warp book available in this modpack?[DOUBLEPOST=1402408787][/DOUBLEPOST]

Go download FTB launcher if you haven't. BnB is in the modpack list at the left.

It's not in Too Many Items Search, so I'm guessing not, welcome to the HC and good luck with your Hardcore episodes :)

how to download?

I posted a short guide to that a few posts above.

tetshio

Jul 29, 2019
It's not in Too Many Items Search, so I'm guessing not, welcome to the HC and good luck with your Hardcore episodes :)

Thanks. I've got some episodes lined up but can't release them due to other videos coming out and I don't want to overwhelm people. :D Let's just say Day 4 HC is going smooth.

MarcNemesis

Jul 29, 2019
bug Report::
SMP Only (does not happen in SSP)
Ore: Ceruclase turn into midasium when Crushed, Pulverized, Smelted into a Smelter or furnace (tested with Steel Furnace)

Eyamaz

Jul 29, 2019
bug Report::
SMP Only (does not happen in SSP)
Ore: Ceruclase turn into midasium when Crushed, Pulverized, Smelted into a Smelter or furnace (tested with Steel Furnace)

Glassmaker is working on a fix, but it's not easy. The issue is a discrepancy between how java7 and java8 handle a bit of code in M3. If the server/client are running the same java version, this error should not occur.
To be on the safe side, I believe your server should be running java7.

Lawbroken

Jul 29, 2019
It's 1.7 only, so of course I will add it the 1.7 server for you to "test"

\oĺ

Oh dear god.
grumpy-cat-i-hate-youups--american-horror-story-consuming-the-heavens-udgtpanj.jpg

Reactions: Eyamaz

Mikhaila666

Jul 29, 2019
There would have to be some kind of nerf in place for the first few (many) nights. It would be impossible to get started with that mod in place.
We already have some it in the form of the fire mobs. And yes, could make things very difficult with special mobs and the AI in place. But so far, difficulty = fun.