Blood N Bones [Hardcore Survival]

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

squeek502

Jul 29, 2019
@squeek502, @sisho and me found a bug Yesterday. Travelling through a nether portal resets the SoL tooltip information as if you started a new game. That it to say it will always read "Diminishing returns will start after you have eaten 5 or more items". It does affect the actual gains received from items and re-logging will fix the error.
Thanks, will look into it.

Booyadude

Jul 29, 2019
So it seems the option to not double ores only works on Vanilla/Tinkers, and surprisingly Nether Ores, but not TE or Metallurgy ores? I dunno if there's a way to fix that, but if you can I think it's a pretty cool change since it brings crushers into the ore-processing picture. It'd be pretty nifty to have that as a part of the process, IMO. (Unless that's unintended and we're actually supposed to use more complicated/later game machines to get double lol)

Blargerist

Jul 29, 2019
officially changing the formula to @Blargerist formula

SpiceOfLife.cfg

change your config file with this one. only needs to be done server side for server owners.
Honored that one of my config changes made it into the pack. :p
Rounding mode will be a config option.
Very good to hear :D. I love me some config options!
What do you mean by 'the old config wouldn't work' exactly? What was not working about it?
I had thought it was giving incorrect values, but after restoring my config to a backup(and trying the one Eyamaz uploaded), I can't seem to reproduce. Must have been an error on my end, apologies.

PS: Time for a new hardcore world, overstepped my boundaries in a cave and got killed by an enderman that I accidentally got mad. :p

Batch2

Jul 29, 2019
? I dunno if there's a way to fix that, but if you can I think it's a pretty cool change since it brings crushers into the ore-processing picture. It'd be pretty nifty to have that as a part of the process, IMO.
I agree. Crushers and Metalurgy smelters get little love at the moment. I know I'll get some hate for this, but I've always felt that a TiC smelter doubling ore was way to OP. I think having to crush the ore in a crusher for vanilla/TE ores and use a Metallurgy smelter for Metallurgy ores would be a good doubling mechanic.

Edit* Remember back in the day where to get double ores you'd have to first setup a IC2 power system, progress to building a macerator, then macerate the ores and smelt the dust. It gave a feeling of accomplishment. Nowadays if a player doesn't get double ores they feel like they're being ripped off...

Last edited:

DerTollUdo

Jul 29, 2019
New SoL changes are great. I love the actual complexity they add :)

And I found another bug.

Stone Saws (possibly others, didn't have resources to check) have a durability issue with stacking. If you have a damaged saw in your inventory, then go to craft more and use shift click to pull them out of the table, they stack with the damaged ones and reduce their durability to match. Same issue if you try to place them into a chest using shift click on the two separately. I suggest that you just make them not stack, as that would remove the issue entirely.

Keep up being awesome everyone :)

Blargerist

Jul 29, 2019
I agree. Crushers and Metalurgy smelters get little love at the moment. I know I'll get some hate for this, but I've always felt that a TiC smelter doubling ore was way to OP. I think having to crush the ore in a crusher for vanilla/TE ores and use a Metallurgy smelter for Metallurgy ores would be a good doubling mechanic.

Edit* Remember back in the day where to get double ores you'd have to first setup a IC2 power system, progress to building a macerator, then macerate the ores and smelt the dust. It gave a feeling of accomplishment. Nowadays if a player doesn't get double ores they feel like they're being ripped off...
Completely, completely agree.... I honestly think even the stone crusher is too early game for double ores.... Perhaps should be copper+ so you need to actually use some non doubled metals in order to start doubling them in the first place.

Not sure what to do about the quartz grindstone too. It's just get iron pick, get some fairly common quartz, and instead of using your crusher, you can do things faster, with no fuel cost, by holding down the mouse button. The fact it's manual isn't even really a drawback at this point in the game, since for the most part the only reason youll want to grind anything in the first place is so you can instantly smelt and then use it.

Mikhaila666

Jul 29, 2019
Completely, completely agree.... I honestly think even the stone crusher is too early game for double ores.... Perhaps should be copper+ so you need to actually use some non doubled metals in order to start doubling them in the first place.

Not sure what to do about the quartz grindstone too. It's just get iron pick, get some fairly common quartz, and instead of using your crusher, you can do things faster, with no fuel cost, by holding down the mouse button. The fact it's manual isn't even really a drawback at this point in the game, since for the most part the only reason youll want to grind anything in the first place is so you can instantly smelt and then use it.

And it gives you something to do on those lonely nights when trapped inside :)

Dezil_nz

Jul 29, 2019
so have updated our server from 1.1.0 to 1.1.1 and also updated the SoL config just ate some juice 14 times no diminishing return got a full hunger and half heart each time.......

squeek502

Jul 29, 2019
so have updated our server from 1.1.0 to 1.1.1 and also updated the SoL config just ate some juice 14 times no diminishing return got a full hunger and half heart each time.......
Did you make sure to update your client as well? Hunger levels are very easily desynced, so if your client thinks you gained hunger (which would happen if you still have v1.0.0 of The Spice of Life on your client), the server may not let you know that you really didn't until (potentially) quite a bit later.

Eyamaz

Jul 29, 2019
New SoL changes are great. I love the actual complexity they add :)

And I found another bug.

Stone Saws (possibly others, didn't have resources to check) have a durability issue with stacking. If you have a damaged saw in your inventory, then go to craft more and use shift click to pull them out of the table, they stack with the damaged ones and reduce their durability to match. Same issue if you try to place them into a chest using shift click on the two separately. I suggest that you just make them not stack, as that would remove the issue entirely.

Keep up being awesome everyone :)

They are not supposed to stack at all.

I'm going to need to figure out how to fix the smeltery. I would like to not have it double the ores. Obviously that option is broke, so I may need to get a recipe handler made for it. Sigh.

Crusher should be the early game ore double along with the grindstone. The earlier grindstone is actually intended for those long, lonely nights, but if something is breaking the smeltery code. It's moot.

Blargerist

Jul 29, 2019
Crusher should be the early game ore double along with the grindstone. The earlier grindstone is actually intended for those long, lonely nights, but if something is breaking the smeltery code. It's moot.
All arguments in this post assume that the smeltery does not double any ores.

I definitely think that the crusher should be the early game ore doubling, but why should it start all the way down at the cobblestone tier? Between making your first copper pickaxe and boosting it to iron, you're going to find a lot more copper, which doesn't really feel like it has much use at the time. That's why I suggested copper being the first crusher, then at least it feels like you have something extra to do between making your first copper pick and completing it's boost up to iron tier/making a set of copper armor.

The grindstone just feels so good for it's tier. It's faster than the stone crusher by around 4x, the same speed as the steel crusher, it uses no fuel, AND it gives you a crank to turn during those long, lonely, early game nights.... Seems like a bit much for iron tier to me, but -shrug- I can have crazy opinions about difficulty sometimes.

squeek502

Jul 29, 2019
I'm going to need to figure out how to fix the smeltery. I would like to not have it double the ores. Obviously that option is broke, so I may need to get a recipe handler made for it. Sigh.
I believe it's only the ore melting added by ExtraTiC that ignores Tinkers' Construct's ingot per ore config option.

whyrl

Jul 29, 2019
I'm a huge fan of the grindstone as a first ore doubler.

Is it possible to disable cooking ores in the smeltery altogether and only allow it to cook dusts, ingots, other "purified" forms? If so, that would make the crusher/grinder a must.

EDIT: Also, upping the cook time on the stone crusher (if possible) would probably be good. Preferably double or triple that of manually cranking the grindstone (assuming the two machines can be made at the same time). It would force a decision between time and convenience/upgradability.
The grindstone just feels so good for it's tier. It's faster than the stone crusher by around 4x, the same speed as the steel crusher, it uses no fuel, AND it gives you a crank to turn during those long, lonely, early game nights.... Seems like a bit much for iron tier to me, but -shrug- I can have crazy opinions about difficulty sometimes.

wolfenstein19

Jul 29, 2019
Just tried apple juice and ate it several times over. Gained the full amount for 15 subsequent eats. I also relogged to sync hunger, and the full hunger was still there.

wolfenstein19

Jul 29, 2019
Also, it says in the change log regarding fantasy metals
Metallurgy
  • Reworked Fantasy Oregen
    • Changed most ores to only spawn in the Dream World
    • Changed most ores to have max height 60 and min height 5
    • Lowered Vein Chance
  • Reworked Nether Oregen
    • Increased Veins per Chunk
  • Changed Zinc to be found in more places and more common

How are we supposed to get these metals out of the dream world?

Phantasm23

Jul 29, 2019
So, I am confused... change log states that Fantasy Metals have been restricted to the Dream World, and testing confirms this is the case. No Carmot, Mithril, Adamantium, etc in any other dimension (including Deep Dark).

Yet we need these metals for many (all?) of the steps in tech progression and blood magic etc... okay, so we go to the dream world and setup a secondary base of operations (where we have to start from scratch again) in order to get these materials. Once we get these materials, let's head home.... but wait... "Why is my inventory empty?!"

So... I can get the materials I need (after alot of stuffing around), but can't bring them home to my main base... okay, maybe I have to setup my base in the Dream World... but wait, I have no redstone.... WTF!?!

In the Dream World;
  1. Cannot make Nether Portals.
  2. Cannot get Ender Pearls.
  3. Cannot perform Circle Magic.
  4. Cannot bring anything useful from the Overworld, or take it back.
  5. Cannot craft Deep Dark portal (need materials from the Nether).
Things tried, but don't work;
  1. Ender chest (no Ender Pearls)
  2. Teleposers (can't link the focus)
  3. Block Teleporter (can't link the target card)
  4. Adv. Portals (can't link to dimensional stabalizer)
  5. Remote IO's Cross Dimensional Upgrade (can't Link)
  6. B-Space Barrels (can't craft/link)
  7. Dimension hopping (can't create the portals)
  8. Witchery rite of Manifestation (can't transport inventory)
  9. TC's Knapsack (not accessible in Dream World)
  10. Tesseracts (cannot craft due to lack of Redstone, blaze powder etc)
So, I ask the greater community in general... How ?!

Eyamaz

Jul 29, 2019
Also, it says in the change log regarding fantasy metals

How are we supposed to get these metals out of the dream world?
So, I am confused... change log states that Fantasy Metals have been restricted to the Dream World, and testing confirms this is the case. No Carmot, Mithril, Adamantium, etc in any other dimension (including Deep Dark).

Yet we need these metals for many (all?) of the steps in tech progression and blood magic etc... okay, so we go to the dream world and setup a secondary base of operations (where we have to start from scratch again) in order to get these materials. Once we get these materials, let's head home.... but wait... "Why is my inventory empty?!"

So... I can get the materials I need (after alot of stuffing around), but can't bring them home to my main base... okay, maybe I have to setup my base in the Dream World... but wait, I have no redstone.... WTF!?!

In the Dream World;
  1. Cannot make Nether Portals.
  2. Cannot get Ender Pearls.
  3. Cannot perform Circle Magic.
  4. Cannot bring anything useful from the Overworld, or take it back.
  5. Cannot craft Deep Dark portal (need materials from the Nether).
Things tried, but don't work;
  1. Ender chest (no Ender Pearls)
  2. Teleposers (can't link the focus)
  3. Block Teleporter (can't link the target card)
  4. Adv. Portals (can't link to dimensional stabalizer)
  5. Remote IO's Cross Dimensional Upgrade (can't Link)
  6. B-Space Barrels (can't craft/link)
  7. Dimension hopping (can't create the portals)
  8. Witchery rite of Manifestation (can't transport inventory)
  9. TC's Knapsack (not accessible in Dream World)
  10. Tesseracts (cannot craft due to lack of Redstone, blaze powder etc)
So, I ask the greater community in general... How ?!

You are supposed to transport them back with an ender chest (and your tools into the world to mine them.)

Sigh...

I'm planning an update for Monday. I'll fix something up.

wolfenstein19

Jul 29, 2019
You are supposed to transport them back with an ender chest (and your tools into the world to mine them.)

Sigh...

I'm planning an update for Monday. I'll fix something up.
You cant transport an ender chest there, though.
And you can't make them since endermen cannot spawn there