Blood N Bones [Hardcore Survival]

Moshakra

Jul 29, 2019
Modpack Version = 1.0.3
Computer Specs = Nvidia 650 Ti GPU, Inter 17-3770k 3.50 GHz, 2x 8GB RAM, Win 7 64-bit
Pastebin link to Crashlog = http://pastebin.com/VBkH9Jwz
Description of Error = Game has frequent stuttering/lag issues - occasional SMP-style lag [break a block, 5 second delay on it dropping as an item]. FPS drops to 0 for 2-3 second periods. All of this happens on lowest graphics settings with proper amounts of RAM allocated to the game [I am able to run other intensive packs like FTB Monster using these setting fine].

TerraSleet

Jul 29, 2019
Modpack Version = 1.0.3
Computer Specs = Nvidia 650 Ti GPU, Inter 17-3770k 3.50 GHz, 2x 8GB RAM, Win 7 64-bit
Pastebin link to Crashlog = http://pastebin.com/VBkH9Jwz
Description of Error = Game has frequent stuttering/lag issues - occasional SMP-style lag [break a block, 5 second delay on it dropping as an item]. FPS drops to 0 for 2-3 second periods. All of this happens on lowest graphics settings with proper amounts of RAM allocated to the game [I am able to run other intensive packs like FTB Monster using these setting fine].
The "SMP-style lag" is a TPS issue - apparently caused by resource intensive AI calculations used in the Zombie Awareness mod. The best way to clear this lag is by moving far away as the offending mobs should despawn and stop causing the lag. I've found that living near a Roguelike Dungeon also causes TPS lag, probably because of the mass of mobs spawning there and trying to path to you.

Mikhaila666

Jul 29, 2019
I usually just back off, detonate the gas and vent the resulting smoke into a small vertical channel so it doesn't fill my tunnels. I haven't experienced red gas yet, but the pockets of green gas are pretty good to detonate then explore the resulting empty pocket of rock for ores.

You could also make a Miner's helmet or hold a torch, I'm pretty sure the gas doesn't detonate from Dynamic Lights.

yes, thank the lord for dynamic lighting to get a bit of a look at what you are mining. The problem I'm having is the need for diamonds and some of the rare ores. The detonation of the explosive gas can literally clear whole areas down to bedrock, with flowing lava (and resulting lava monsters) and generally ruin the area you want to mine in. I was doing good this morning, laying down lanterns, mining 5 high so gas could both rise and sink, but then BOOM. Something happened under me and a bit off to the side, I'm guessing a lava monster tried to path up to me, and his fire triggered something bad and the chain reaction left another big hole with my burnt parts scattered around.

Sekihoutai

Jul 29, 2019
In changing from 1.0.2 to 1.0.3, should I need to reset at all? Or is everything fine and no map breaking changes? (Multiplayer Server)

TerraSleet

Jul 29, 2019
yes, thank the lord for dynamic lighting to get a bit of a look at what you are mining. The problem I'm having is the need for diamonds and some of the rare ores. The detonation of the explosive gas can literally clear whole areas down to bedrock, with flowing lava (and resulting lava monsters) and generally ruin the area you want to mine in. I was doing good this morning, laying down lanterns, mining 5 high so gas could both rise and sink, but then BOOM. Something happened under me and a bit off to the side, I'm guessing a lava monster tried to path up to me, and his fire triggered something bad and the chain reaction left another big hole with my burnt parts scattered around.
Well I just encountered red gas (I'm playing Hardcore, it's suprisingly hard to dig down to bedrock without having a stable base up and running) and I see the problem you're having. Just detonated what I thought was a small pocket of red gas, only to have the entire area around me explode to smithereens. I died instantly even with a full suit of armor. I kind of wish I was playing Survival just so I could respawn and see how damn big the explosion was. Maybe that red gas should be tuned down a bit, one block of gas seems very explosive making a single pocket leave huge craters in bedrock the likes of which I'd expect from an IC2 nuke. That or the pockets are common and close enough to cause large chain reactions.

Mikhaila666

Jul 29, 2019
Definitely some chain reactions, and probably exploding coal doesn't help at all, and of course any flammable gas will want to add fireworks as well.

kuzka_

Jul 29, 2019
For some reason this modpack won't work on my pc, but my laptop is fine (except for the obviously low framerate, since that laptop is kinda old). When I press Launch, the launcher just reopens after 10 seconds or so. Out of curiosity I tried starting a server - the same thing happens.

Here's the log - http://puu.sh/7znUj.txt
http://puu.sh/7znUj.txt
If anyone can help me meet my demise in minecraft - big thanks.

mars111

Jul 29, 2019
I agree on the magical Crops.. they are so much work for absolute 0 chance of getting another seed :<

Eyamaz

Jul 29, 2019
For some reason this modpack won't work on my pc, but my laptop is fine (except for the obviously low framerate, since that laptop is kinda old). When I press Launch, the launcher just reopens after 10 seconds or so. Out of curiosity I tried starting a server - the same thing happens.

Here's the log - http://puu.sh/7znUj.txt
http://puu.sh/7znUj.txt
If anyone can help me meet my demise in minecraft - big thanks.

Update to java 7. Seems the j6 issue isn't fully resolved.

I agree on the magical Crops.. they are so much work for absolute 0 chance of getting another seed :<

Magic Crops rarely drop essence also. Dropping an extra seed is bit to OP once you automate them, even at 1% drop rate.

mars111

Jul 29, 2019
Well thats right ... maybe a 0.05% chance ;-)? and BTW is it possible to use mining turtles and machines to move fluids in BnB pack?
I'm saying this because of some reasons like: you can't build the mining turtle one, nor you can't make cobalt axe and shovel with the correct materials on any crafting station

Eyamaz

Jul 29, 2019
You can move fluids all you want with fluiducts, though the pump is purposefully expensive.
I'll look at the cobalt recipes to see why some of them are not working correctly. You should be able to use the cobalt tools with turtles, they are just renamed diamond tools with more expensive recipies. CC is still being overhauled and there are new lua scripts. If you can craft the mining turtle, look into using turtle.equip()

Edit: can't craft.

Last edited:

TerraSleet

Jul 29, 2019
You can move fluids all you want with fluiducts, though the pump is purposefully expensive.
I'll look at the cobalt recipes to see why some of them are not working correctly. You should be able to use the cobalt tools with turtles, they are just renamed diamond tools with more expensive recipies. CC is still being overhauled and there are new lua scripts. If you can craft the mining turtle, look into using turtle.equip()

Edit: can't craft.
Have you considered tuning down red gas a little bit? The explosions they create are a bit ridiculous and they can detonate from completely natural events leading to sudden death by explosions and audible explosions occuring while you're on the surface.

Eyamaz

Jul 29, 2019
Have you considered tuning down red gas a little bit? The explosions they create are a bit ridiculous and they can detonate from completely natural events leading to sudden death by explosions and audible explosions occuring while you're on the surface.

Yes, I'm going to drop all the gas spawns again.

mars111

Jul 29, 2019
Indeed, there are these Extra-Utilities transfer pipes and nodes item/iquids which can't be crafted either some heads give no boosts like blaze head and pigman, diamond + gold block modifier disabled maybe for balance as intended? some remote IO stuff can't be crafted either the same goes for MFR Harvester as it requires cobalt axe and some ores from metallurgy when smelted/pulverized give other DIFFERENT ores.

TerraSleet

Jul 29, 2019
Yes, I'm going to drop all the gas spawns again.
I don't know if gas spawns need to be lowered, rather the explosion strength of red gas and/or coal blocks should be lowered. I don't know specifically how the explosions are so large though so I could be wrong, it could either be from the red gas alone, or by chain reactions creating much larger explosions than usual.

Eyamaz

Jul 29, 2019
Indeed, there are these Extra-Utilities transfer pipes and nodes item/iquids which can't be crafted either some heads give no boosts like blaze head and pigman, diamond + gold block modifier disabled maybe for balance as intended? some remote IO stuff can't be crafted either the same goes for MFR Harvester as it requires cobalt axe and some ores from metallurgy when smelted/pulverized give other DIFFERENT ores.

Yes, ExU pipes are disabled. Use the ducts from TE.
I can't reproduce the m3 error, but I'm looking into that.

I don't know if gas spawns need to be lowered, rather the explosion strength of red gas and/or coal blocks should be lowered. I don't know specifically how the explosions are so large though so I could be wrong, it could either be from the red gas alone, or by chain reactions creating much larger explosions than usual.

I'll decrease the explosion area.

mars111

Jul 29, 2019
Weird now I can't reproduce that with any metallurgy furnace/crushers nor any furnace... But im pretty sure there was some ores result in converting into different stuff.