Blood N Bones [Hardcore Survival]

Desman

Sep 23, 2014
Thanks a lot for your reply, but what's the pack code? (like I said, newbie :))

The FTB Launcher doesn't give you a full list of all available modpacks by default. You add a modpack to the default list by typing its pack code, I think you click the Private Packs button to open the window for the code. BloodNBones is the pack code in this case.

Curse launcher is really simpler to use.

D

dIRECT0R

The FTB Launcher doesn't give you a full list of all available modpacks by default. You add a modpack to the default list by typing its pack code, I think you click the Private Packs button to open the window for the code. BloodNBones is the pack code in this case.

Curse launcher is really simpler to use.

Launched. Really appreciate it.
But where can I find pack codes for modpacks in general?

P.s My friends and I are looking for some serious punishment in terms of a hardcore survival experience, and we're basically looking at Blood N Bones, BetterThanWolves, and Ultra Hard Survival? Any advice in that regard? Any other suggestions? We'd appreciate it.

Last edited:

nolaw70

Jul 29, 2019
Launched. Really appreciate it.
But where can I find pack codes for modpacks in general?

P.s My friends and I are looking for some serious punishment in terms of a hardcore survival experience, and we're basically looking at Blood N Bones, BetterThanWolves, and Ultra Hard Survival? Any advice in that regard? Any other suggestions? We'd appreciate it.

Your list has them in the order of difficulty. BnB is the most punishing, followed by BTW (assuming you are playing the last 1.5 version, do not know if FC is working on it anymore, though I know there is either a 1.7 or 1.8 port of it called Better Than Modded), then UHC (2 is harder than 3, imo). Also look at Weasel UHS, the sequel to which is now in beta.

D

dIRECT0R

Your list has them in the order of difficulty. BnB is the most punishing, followed by BTW (assuming you are playing the last 1.5 version, do not know if FC is working on it anymore, though I know there is either a 1.7 or 1.8 port of it called Better Than Modded), then UHC (2 is harder than 3, imo). Also look at Weasel UHS, the sequel to which is now in beta.

Will do. Thanks for your advice.

Eyamaz

Jul 29, 2019
For those of you who don't know, the mother of my child and I split last week. I've been doing a lot of work around my house to get it clean and up to par with how I need things for my own sanity. BnB2 is being worked on sparingly when I need a break from working on the house. I have my kid next week and then the following I am off to SxSW for a week.

So, I'd be grateful if people quite asking about 2.0 on various media for a bit.

kurisu_TEPDCR

Apr 18, 2015
For those of you who don't know, the mother of my child and I split last week. I've been doing a lot of work around my house to get it clean and up to par with how I need things for my own sanity. BnB2 is being worked on sparingly when I need a break from working on the house. I have my kid next week and then the following I am off to SxSW for a week.

So, I'd be grateful if people quite asking about 2.0 on various media for a bit.

Thats quiet sad. I will stop asking about 2.0.

X

xdiz

Is this mod playable on hardcore mode?

I've mounted dedicated server platform in Moscow data center. Let me know if some friendly party would like to fool around plus me as a luggage.

Desman

Sep 23, 2014
Is this mod playable on hardcore mode?

I've mounted dedicated server platform in Moscow data center. Let me know if some friendly party would like to fool around plus me as a luggage.

It is doable, but it can get laggy sometimes when mobs don't despawn properly.

MarcNemesis

Jul 29, 2019

UNderstandable and doable.

So when is BNB 3.0? :p

ps: been ages since i posted here and for those of you who remembered...i rarely posted if not to make fun of something or someone. This time (again for the most part), it was you @Eyamaz :D. Until next time!

MarcNemesis

Jul 29, 2019
More seriously though. @Eyamaz , do you use purely mods to make the AI go crazy like they do in BnB or did you have to change some coding/script or whatever? Reason i ask is because i'm playing on Infitech 2 atm but i'm lacking the "dangerousness" i would find in BnB. And tbh, i don't want to play BnB atm because i'm feeling like Gregtech lately :p.

What we did is add Special AI (latest version since now it doesn't seem to do memory leak on the server anymore.) We are now looking to add "special mobs" mods (not specifically THAT mod necessarily) in order to add to the difficulty. But then again, i'm unsure if it's gonna add to the difficulty as well as you brought it in BnB.

I also figured it might had to do with the block griefing? Maybe not though..

So that's about it for my questions. :)

Edit: I think i found my answer in the config file of Special AI by comparing yours to the one i downloaded. Not the same version but for the block griefing, it seems to work pretty much the same way. So i'll just have to edit the config file if it's ok with the other player on my server.

Last edited:

Anesos

Jul 29, 2019
Hey folks. Been a long time since I've posted here and did that let's play series on the pack. But I got the bug again a while back and started streaming it with Pakratt0013 and HonneyPlay.

That meant of course that I had to remember all of the fixes and changes that were gathered up for 1.1.5 and in doing so I went ahead and put together a zip file with all of my updates and some instructions. I've had a few people trying to set up servers asking for help, so I thought I'd post the file here.

Also note that the old Forge used in the BnB pack doesn't run properly on Java 8 update20 or newer. It may work on the client end, but the server side will crash on startup if you have a recent Java. There is a fix for this and info and a link is included in the attached file.

As always, best wishes to you @Eyamaz and hope your real life cuts you a break. Many of us still love this type of pack and would be happy to see a worthy successor. Of course there are other hardcore packs, but none have ever felt as well tuned and customized as yours. Well done and here's to hoping it happens again one day. Cheers! :)

===
For anyone interested in our streams or recordings of them, Pakratt and I have been posting recorded versions to Youtube most weeks and we stream most Sunday evenings around 7-10pm pacific. This week we may not as HonneyPlay is traveling to Pax.

Here are the links to our channels and such:
https://www.youtube.com/user/Anesos
https://www.youtube.com/user/pakratt13
https://www.youtube.com/user/HonneyPlays

Multi-twitch link for streams:
multitwitch.tv/anesos2014/pakratt0013/honneyplay

Attachments

• BnB 1.1.5 Fixes.zip
    11.1 KB · Views: 122

NunoAgapito

Jul 29, 2019
As always, best wishes to you @Eyamaz and hope your real life cuts you a break. Many of us still love this type of pack and would be happy to see a worthy successor. Of course there are other hardcore packs, but none have ever felt as well tuned and customized as yours. Well done and here's to hoping it happens again one day. Cheers! :)
All "other hardcore" packs seems to have missed the point in BnB... They all seem to focus on how to get you killed the fastest way leaving up the chance of survival to a simple random luck instead of allowing the player to survive trough the use of skill and experience in the game. On BnB, you die, learn, restart, avoid same mistakes and end up progressing. On other packs, you just pray to RNG gods...

To me, that is why BnB is the only good hardcore pack, rest are just some bad copys.

M

MrGargus

Alright, new to this forum here. I've attempted playing BnB before (never got very far), but I'd like to get back to playing it. However, it doesn't show up on the list of modpacks when I launch FTB? Is it still availaible?

Steve_59

Jul 29, 2019
Alright, new to this forum here. I've attempted playing BnB before (never got very far), but I'd like to get back to playing it. However, it doesn't show up on the list of modpacks when I launch FTB? Is it still availaible?

This is under the 1.6 spoiler,

Pack Code: BloodNBones
Also available on CurseForge

O

OlympusRager

I have been trying to get this Mod Pack to work and finally its working thanks to the fix from Anesos woo thanks i love this Mod Pack and i really hope it goes to 1.7.x development phase (alpha and beta releases / tests) this is an epic mod pack and it provides a great challenge. Eyamaz keep it up with the pack.

Also i was wondering is there a recommended forge version i should use because i know sometimes some mods or packs have a recommended (or required) forge version. I am asking this because i got the pack externally through curse and it does not come with a forge. Also Eyamaz you should really consider try putting the pack up with FTB launcher again. I played it in 1.5.2 and i enjoyed it but it was VERY BUGGY, 1.6.4 in my opinion is "much more" stable (still some bugs / things that can cause crashes) but it works much better, i can not wait for 1.7.10 (if it "hopefully" comes out).