Blood N Bones [Hardcore Survival]

Desman

Sep 23, 2014
It doesn't seem to work on some Lycanites mobs. Or maybe you need to be physically in the nether for it to work there. But yeah, 7000 mobs is a problem, here I have issues with just 50-odd zombies.

Krhymez

Jul 29, 2019
eyamaz, plz tell me that BNB V2.0 will be in my nightmares by XMAS this year :D
He already stated a few comment back that i "possibly could".

I too am waiting for this pack. One mod that i hope is added... Flan's. Recently i been playing Zombie Apocalyps. But i added Flans to it.

It was rather satisfying to mow down hordes of zombies with a gun or snipe a creeper.

Josiah_

Jul 29, 2019
so I'm having problems finding infuscolium, despite mining out several chunks of the dream world. I fixed my metallurgyfantasy.cfg before I started the world, as per instructions here. At first I seemed to find plenty of it, and now there is NONE, as in not a single ore. I haven't moved biomes or anything, so I don't know why I suddenly can't find any...

2015-11-29_11.04.30.png
in this section where I dug out by hand, I found infuscolium "as normal," but as I progressed to a quarry/bound pickaxe lulz, I have had no luck, even with removing/quarrying entire chunks(not shown)...

Code:
####################
# infuscolium
####################

infuscolium {
    ####################
    # misc
    ####################

misc {
        I:abstractor_xp=2
        I:block_hardness_level=1
    }

####################
    # world_gen
    ####################

world_gen {
  S:diminsions=9
  I:dungeon_loot_amount=0
  I:dungeon_loot_chance=0
  I:max_height=60
  I:min_height=5
  I:vein_chance=20
  I:vein_density=100
  I:vein_size=9
  I:veins_per_chunk=10
  }

}

Stroam

Jul 29, 2019
eyamaz, plz tell me that BNB V2.0 will be in my nightmares by XMAS this year :D
There are three points to the work triangle and you can only choose two. Time, quality, and price. You have already opted in for a fantastic price so unless you want poor quality don't ask for an ETA.

Josiah_

Jul 29, 2019
so I guess I'm just unlucky, as I moved from my original 6x6 chunk infuscolium-less quarry area to another smaller 4x4 chunk area in another biome. I found about 2 stacks of infuscolium... On to the shiny metal seeds! Speaking of which, even though it probably doesn't matter, there seems to be a dupe bug with magical crops, mfr, and blood magic;

2015-11-30_19.17.16.png

pictured is my 4 ritual of green grove with mfr planter+harvester. For some reason, the metadata on my ender seed did not reset at one point when I manually harvested it, and when I used it in the planter, it planted it fully grown. The harvester immediately harvested it as 2 seeds with the fully grown metadata, instead of 1 essence and 1 seed with reset metadata. This repeated in a loop until I had approx 2 stacks of ender seeds, from only 1 ender seed.

2015-11-30_19.17.23.png

I had the same problem with 2 of my other seeds, but the problem seemed to go away by manually planting/harvesting them until the metadata resets somehow. Anywho, will be deconstructing seeds for free strong essence...

Mustang351c

Jul 29, 2019
Any idea on if BnB 2 is gonna be any less laggy than the first? My computer couldn't handle the first one.

Don't worry, you'll probably have a new computer by then :)

As much as I hate to say it, you were correct. I just ordered everything for my first desktop yesterday. Odd how this comment was the first thing I thought of after ordering it. Can anyone who ran the first instance with no problems (or minimal since everyone seems to have even small problems acording to the comments) tell me your specs. I want to know if ill be able to run this.
AMD A10-6800K Richland 4.1 GHz (4.4 Turbo)
16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR3-1866
EVGA GeForce GT 740 4GB Superclocked (Yes this card is a little outdated, but it was free.)

lolwutgamer

Jul 29, 2019
As much as I hate to say it, you were correct. I just ordered everything for my first desktop yesterday. Odd how this comment was the first thing I thought of after ordering it. Can anyone who ran the first instance with no problems (or minimal since everyone seems to have even small problems acording to the comments) tell me your specs. I want to know if ill be able to run this.
AMD A10-6800K Richland 4.1 GHz (4.4 Turbo)
16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR3-1866
EVGA GeForce GT 740 4GB Superclocked (Yes this card is a little outdated, but it was free.)

Everything should run smoothly and without problems with that configuration.

Kek at 16gbs of RAM though, it's a lot.

Mustang351c

Jul 29, 2019
Everything should run smoothly and without problems with that configuration.

Kek at 16gbs of RAM though, it's a lot.

Good, and the 16 gigs of ram are in response to my impatientness and desire to multitask. I'd like to have 3 screens because I have used 2 before and ran out of room from so much stuff going on at once. But in any case, this should be quite a step up from my current 6GB i3 laptop with integrated graphics. Also, if i ever get over my inherent laziness, I'd like to learn to code and take a crack at making a mod or 2 of my own and figured the extra ram would be useful for that.

lolwutgamer

Jul 29, 2019
Good, and the 16 gigs of ram are in response to my impatientness and desire to multitask. I'd like to have 3 screens because I have used 2 before and ran out of room from so much stuff going on at once. But in any case, this should be quite a step up from my current 6GB i3 laptop with integrated graphics. Also, if i ever get over my inherent laziness, I'd like to learn to code and take a crack at making a mod or 2 of my own and figured the extra ram would be useful for that.

As you already know, 1.6.4 version of minecraft has some performance issues when equipped with mods, in this case we're talking about BnB 1.6.4.

While yes, you'll probably gonna get better FPS and less lag spikes than before when you were using your i3 laptop, but don't expect too much when running 1.6.4 :D

Your processor is good for multi-tasking and can surely handle more than a few things at once, but it technically has the same amout of cores as i3 does, 2 logical cores per 1 psychical core, however it is better.

If you ever plan to upgrade your graphics card, GTX 750 Ti would be a good bang for the buck, and as far I know you won't have bottlenecking issues between CPU and GPU.

Last edited:

Mustang351c

Jul 29, 2019
As you already know, 1.6.4 version of minecraft has some performance issues when equipped with mods, in this case we're talking about BnB 1.6.4.

While yes, you'll probably gonna get better FPS and less lag spikes than before when you were using your i3 laptop, but don't expect too much when running 1.6.4 :D

Your processor is good for multi-tasking and can surely handle more than a few things at once, but it technically has the same amout of cores as i3 does, 2 logical cores per 1 psychical core, however it is better.

If you ever plan to upgrade your graphics card, GTX 750 Ti would be a good bang for the buck, and as far I know you won't have bottlenecking issues between CPU and GPU.

Well... My laptop can barely even load a world. To clarify just how bad this thing is, it is a 6GB i3-4005 @ 1700 MHz with integrated graphics. I completely removed Glenn's Gasses, Zombie Awareness, Lycanites Mobs, Hostile Worlds, and a few other less laggy mods such as Big Reactors. I got a max of 10 fps, and my tps lag was so bad that if i tried to break a garden only about 25% of them would even drop items. I never even got a tps reading because if I tried to open chat to type /cofh tps it would take about 20-30 seconds just to open it and type the "/".

Mustang351c

Jul 29, 2019
There's your problem :D

I now know this, but didnt when I got the laptop. I thought the only thing that mattered was RAM. Since then, I have learned that there is much more to it than that. The speed, number of cores, and whole lot more I still don't understand.

Stroam

Jul 29, 2019
omg so I combined reasonable realism pack with special ai, hardcore darknes, block physics, realistic torches, advanced spawn control. I didn't feel as rushed as bnb makes your feel the first day, but exploring caves is dangerous and pitch black, when they aren't collapsed. Digging a tunnel becomes something you have to think about and plan with with harder ores, harder underground, and block physics, because blocks keep collapsing, you can't block hop to get back up because most blocks just make a mounds. Don't get me started on trying to make a shack. If it weren't for trees there would have been no safe places.

Making lit torches becomes more of a task and you have to keep replacing because they burn out. With the addition of hardcore darkness you can't see at night if you don't have light. Food becomes an issue because passive animals defend themselves thanks to special ai, and plants grow so slowly with harder wildlife. I never did find iron ore even with plants marking their locations. Again it felt like bnb1.0 with less mob danger, not as much pressure to find food, and nothing holds together making building defenses much more challenging.

If you added pockets of silverfish underground, then you are pretty much forced to use a sluice and feed it dirt and gravel to get nuggets as your first source of metals and flint. But first is going to be a wood shack with fences around a farm next to some natural body of water with wood or stone tools. With somnia, the bed doesn't help protect you, just pass time. If BnB 2.0 is going to be similar to this, I am going to have to play on a server just for the added benefit of decreased mobs and increased player help. It really felt like one step forward, put you two steps back.

Down side is that you need a beefy computer because block physics + harder underground is not computer friendly.

Last edited:

NunoAgapito

Jul 29, 2019
omg so I combined reasonable realism pack with special ai, hardcore darknes, block physics, realistic torches, advanced spawn control. I didn't feel as rushed as bnb makes your feel the first day, but exploring caves is dangerous thanks to special ai and pitch black thanks to hardcore darkness, when they aren't collapsed. Digging a tunnel becomes something you have to think about and plan with with harder ores, harder underground, and block physics, because blocks keep collapsing, you can't block hop to get back up because dirt, unstable cobble, and gravel just make a mound. Don't get me started on trying to make a shack with block physics. Finding easy coal is not easy so you end up using charcoal to make your torches and have to use sugarcane for paper to make match boxes to even light them. You have to keep replacing because they burn out and with hardcore darkness you can't see at night if you don't have light. Food becomes and issue because killing animals has them attack you thanks to special ai, and plants grow so slowly with harder wildlife you need a big farm. I never did find iron ore even with the plant markers. If it weren't for trees there would have been no safe places. It felt like bnb1.0 with less mob danger, not as much pressure to find food, and nothing holds together making building defenses much more challenging. If you added pockets of silverfish underground, then you are pretty much forced to use a sluice and feed it dirt and gravel to get nuggets as your first source of metals and flint. But first is going to be a wood shack with fences around a farm next to some natural body of water with wood or stone tools. With somnia, the bed doesn't help protect you, just pass time. If BnB 2.0 is going to be similar to this, I am going to have to play on a server just for the added benefit of decreased mobs and increased player help. It really felt like one step forward, put you two steps back.

Please, use paragraphs. They are punctuation too!!!

A big wall of text is very hard to read and follow your train of thought.

Desman

Sep 23, 2014
Look what I found :D This mob drops Ghast Tears. It's in the Witchery dimension though, so difficult to move, but so worth it. I've been exploring dungeons all over Spirit World, even got a Builder's Wand fom one of the chests, and a few Enderlily seeds.

They seem to favor nether mob spawns, I even found a second cacodemon spawner there.

itek8BY.png

Eyamaz

Jul 29, 2019
I'm heading on my try trip to California to spend a little time with coworkers at the Curse office. When I return, I'll see what I can do to, at a minimum, get a non feature complete version out for streamers and patreons.
I'm probably going to end up relying on my people, mostly Anesos and Blargerst, to do the first in game "guides" since between Xmas and begining of January I won't have much time on my hand and I want a release before then.

I've reset the entire pack more times than I can count on one hand over the last year due to dissatisfaction with what I had. I'm going to now get out what I have because it's just been too damn long at this point. Hopefully, you will enjoy.

Desman

Sep 23, 2014
After installing Windows 10, the pack crashes as soon as I break a block. Any idea what could cause it? It's a clean install of Curse BnB so far, without modifications.

Maybe this log would help: http://pastebin.com/g1F0hFAr

Got anothe crash log: http://pastebin.com/wdPSks84

I think the issue narrows down to sound. Turning off sound seems to work. This log popped up once:

Code:
2015-12-13 19:22:19 [INFO] [STDOUT] Error in class 'CodecJOrbis'
2015-12-13 19:22:19 [INFO] [STDOUT]     Ogg header not recognized in method 'readHeader'.
2015-12-13 19:22:19 [INFO] [STDOUT] Error in class 'CodecJOrbis'
2015-12-13 19:22:19 [INFO] [STDOUT]     Error reading the header

The issue somehow got fixed. Reinstalling the entire Curse a few times may have been the solution, although I've been messing with other things at the same time.

Last edited: