Blood N Bones [Hardcore Survival]

Tigerlore

Jul 29, 2019
The pack won't start for me. Here's the log.

It's failing on "[INFO] [ForgeModLoader] [BiomesOPlenty] Version check failed" I tried replacing BOP and redownloading the entire pack and I keep getting the same result.

Eyamaz

Jul 29, 2019
The pack won't start for me. Here's the log.

It's failing on "[INFO] [ForgeModLoader] [BiomesOPlenty] Version check failed" I tried replacing BOP and redownloading the entire pack and I keep getting the same result.

No, due to the horrible thing that is online version checking, the pack now takes an extra amount of time to start up due to the number of version check fails the mods now go through. Killing the process yourself is not a crash.
It takes the 1.6.4 pack over twice as long for me on a fairly beefy machine to load due to the load process essentially pausing while mods fail to look up version info from locations that no longer exist.

Krhymez

Jul 29, 2019
No, due to the horrible thing that is online version checking, the pack now takes an extra amount of time to start up due to the number of version check fails the mods now go through. Killing the process yourself is not a crash.
It takes the 1.6.4 pack over twice as long for me on a fairly beefy machine to load due to the load process essentially pausing while mods fail to look up version info from locations that no longer exist.
Is this a Curse thing?

I download packs, then set them up on MultiMC. The reason i do this is i find the curse launcher cant load some packs for me. For example currently FTB Infinity Evolved wont load after i download it... BUT if i make a new profile, then copy all the contents over to that instance, it loads just fine.
Personally i still think MultiMC is the better of the two if you know what your doing.

Eyamaz

Jul 29, 2019
Is this a Curse thing?

I download packs, then set them up on MultiMC. The reason i do this is i find the curse launcher cant load some packs for me. For example currently FTB Infinity Evolved wont load after i download it... BUT if i make a new profile, then copy all the contents over to that instance, it loads just fine.
Personally i still think MultiMC is the better of the two if you know what your doing.

There is zero difference between launchers once the VM is running unless a launcher injects something into the minecraft jar or adds java parameters without user input. It's just a pretty skin with features. With Curse, we literally just download everything and set up an instance within Mojang's Launcher.
If a pack doesn't work for you only from Curse, then report it so the CV team can see if it is a bug on our end as there is always a possibility of an error happening during the profile setup.

Krhymez

Jul 29, 2019
There is zero difference between launchers once the VM is running unless a launcher injects something into the minecraft jar or adds java parameters without user input. It's just a pretty skin with features. With Curse, we literally just download everything and set up an instance within Mojang's Launcher.
If a pack doesn't work for you only from Curse, then report it so the CV team can see if it is a bug on our end as there is always a possibility of an error happening during the profile setup.
I will, im trying to troubleshot to see if i can find out the cause exactly.

The Message had something to do with "launcher Wrapper" or something. But its only Evolved i have this issue.

Also when i download Curse Voice, it also installs an older version of Java, Why is that? Is the most recent version of Java not good? I use it on that other launcher with no issues.

Eyamaz

Jul 29, 2019
Also when i download Curse Voice, it also installs an older version of Java, Why is that? Is the most recent version of Java not good? I use it on that other launcher with no issues.

Mojang installs it via their launcher, not us. #BlameMojang.

Krhymez

Jul 29, 2019
Mojang installs it via their launcher, not us. #BlameMojang.
Ah i see, I dont think i have the vanilla launcher from mojang (other then the one CV installs.)
I will give CV a chance again.

Is the Runtime it installs really the "best" to use? it seems a bit outdated.

Krhymez

Jul 29, 2019
I located the issue...

For some reason Evolved was trying to use FML 1448(an older version) and it was crashing on start up.

TorVek

Jul 29, 2019

Is there a possibility that we'll see an option in BnB 2.0 to programmatically bypass all version update checks? I'd much rather have things stable / consistent for any particular released version of BnB, so I'm not going to ever act personally on any in-mod checking results for new versions... I'd much rather save the time on the hundreds of loading processes (from playing hardcore) by never bothering to check in the first place.

Adarcer

Jul 29, 2019
Some version checks can be disabled (in config).. others cannot. i disabled most of the ones i could a long time ago.

Desman

Sep 23, 2014
Just got my inventory deleted by Witchery.

Hopped into Spirit World to mine a diamond vein, ended up in a nightmare and got killed by that thing, and instead of waking up I died and had to go through a respawn which messed up my inventories. If it was hardcore it would probably be a permanent death...

Mustang351c

Jul 29, 2019
Just got my inventory deleted by Witchery.

Hopped into Spirit World to mine a diamond vein, ended up in a nightmare and got killed by that thing, and instead of waking up I died and had to go through a respawn which messed up my inventories. If it was hardcore it would probably be a permanent death...

When you are in the spirit world, you stay standing in the overworld. This means mobs can still spawn and attack you and destroy your stuff.

I probably sound stupid saying this but where do you download this mod pack?

The curse voice launcher: http://beta.cursevoice.com/

Desman

Sep 23, 2014
When you are in the spirit world, you stay standing in the overworld. This means mobs can still spawn and attack you and destroy your stuff.
That's not what happened though. I was killed by the nightmare thing, and should have woken up. Instead, I had to respawn at my bed, lost the entire overworld inventory, my knapsack somehow got transported into the Spirit World and its contents scattered where I died along with the contents of the Spirit World inventory. When I respawned I found my sleeping body near the Dreamcatcher setup.

IMarvinTPA

Jul 29, 2019
That's not what happened though. I was killed by the nightmare thing, and should have woken up. Instead, I had to respawn at my bed, lost the entire overworld inventory, my knapsack somehow got transported into the Spirit World and its contents scattered where I died along with the contents of the Spirit World inventory. When I respawned I found my sleeping body near the Dreamcatcher setup.
I've heard of this before. I never trusted my trips to the dreamland and always emptied my inventory of everything of value before going in either direction. Also, the knapsack is really dangerous to have in those trips.

Sorry for your loss.
IMarv

Josiah_

Jul 29, 2019
so I was doing another runthrough of the 1.6.4 version on the curse launcher and am experiencing horrible lag all of a sudden. I've dropped in veinminer at 16 blocks(curse you hunger!) and aroma backup for safetz, and haven't had any problems until just recently. I made it to the point where I can go to the dream world and back easily(enderchests n stuff) and have just gotten to t4 blood altar. It may not be related, but it seemed like it started lagging about the time I started being frivolous with my air sigil usage. I removed the nether dim to see, and it stopped lagging. is there any way I can keep my nether w/o having to endure mind numbing lag?

edit: well this just occurred to me, on my previous playthrough, I had no problems with my constant air sigil usage. May be just a coincidence...

Attachments

• ForgeModLoader-client-0-34.txt
    2 MB · Views: 66

Desman

Sep 23, 2014
Have you tried /cofh killall to see if the mobs are causing it? In my world the nighttime literally freezes sometimes until I do that.

Josiah_

Jul 29, 2019
Have you tried /cofh killall to see if the mobs are causing it? In my world the nighttime literally freezes sometimes until I do that.
it only killed 2 entities, 1 skeleton and 1 poison skeleton. I went into mcedit and there appeared to be a MASSIVE amount of entities in a pool of lava in the nether, so I removed all of them. This seemed to fix the problem. I looked at the entities in question before I deleted them, and there were ~7000 trites. Why they were not deleted with /cofh killall I have no idea.

Attachments

• toomuchstuffing.png
    toomuchstuffing.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 85