Blood N Bones [Hardcore Survival]

Taldrakkan

Jul 29, 2019
Warning, Long post ahead! :p
Trust me,
There is no place for aesthetics in Blood n Bones when it comes to base defences.
There is no overkill in defences.
There is no mob proof defence.
Trust me
What i have done for my base is:
I made 4 6 block tall walls around the base, 4 blocks thick consisting of (outer to inner layers) Dirt, Dirt, Cobble, Obsidian Bricks (not covered completely since i stopped playing thinking 1.7.10 would arrive soon :'( ). It has a dirt block overhang, and on that overhang there are those thorn/spiky plants and hanging on that overhangs are punji sticks. Around the outside of those walls there is a 3 block wide and 3 block deep canal filled with that black withery goo. Inside those walls, is my inner courtyard. Animal farms, a small sugar cane farm, jerky dying racks and a fishing station (next to a river, very bad) are there. And in the center of it all i have a skybase, which entrance is secured by a double trapdoor mechanism.
And mobs still find their ways in :/
Manticores and other flying mobs bombard me quite often.
A water creeper exploded next to my base and mobs climbed over it, i survived just barely :/
Zombies don't die because they stay in the river.
No base is perfect, trust me.

But regardless of that, i found a way to implement a sprinting mod in BnB :D
I copied all the stuff from the FTB directory associated with BnB (Config, Mods jibberjabber and so on) and copied it into my MC directory.
Installed Forge 1.6.4, added the better sprinting mod, set the java parameters as suggested in the FTB launcher BNB description and Me Gusta! :D
Still having some lag issues tho :/

Do you guys have any fixes for the lag? The framerate is fine, around 60fps, but i get the stutter every now and then.
I am playing with the faithful 32 texture from the ftb launcher, set the said parameters and allocated 4GB of ram to minecraft.
Tried disabling the texture pack, still stutter, tho a bit less frequent.
My pc specifications are
I3 3240 3.4GHz
12Gb DDR3 1600MHz (2x4gb HyperX Fury 1600mhz + 4gb 1600 regular kingston)
Asus Gtx 560 Ti DirectCu ii 1GB Gddr5.
Windows 8.1
I tried minimizing the graphics and turning dynamic lights off, but the stutter still happens often. Should i try squeezing Optifine into the modpack? Is it compatible?

My friends and I just came from a DW20 world where we had decided we "beat" the game because we had ore/material generation automated, blood magic automated, ic2, enderio, and pretty much every other system automated and our only project left would have been setting up a system to automatically expand the ME system as needed. We wanted a harder more survival focused modpack so I somewhat forced them to come here. Along those lines, we currently don't have invasions (because server and some people haven't even started yet) and a very small amount of things were made more livable (20 food history until everybody at least survives through a night or two and can start a farm, then we'll probably go back to 30). Right now I just have a skybase with 3 different dirt shaft entrances , mostly encased in water (the main one has double trapdoor trap and the entrance doesn't have water over it so theoretically bad things can happen, I'm not too familiar with mc physics). So far that has worked fine and the only issue I've had is occasional flying mobs but a half-decent bow takes care of those.

So far my biggest qualm with this mod is how easy it is to skip progression with abusing roguelike dungeons. I was able to jump from an iron boosted pickaxe to shadowsteel just be being very careful and occasionally bypassing parts of rogue dungeons. I feel like they need to be made of something unbreakable to make it much harder to skip levels of the dungeon.

Mikhaila666

Jul 29, 2019
In regards to aesthetics and base design: making a pretty base is just another challenge. The one i liked the best so far was made of sanstone out in the desert. There was a basic 4 high wall with overhang around the main area, to keep out basic mobs. All of the buildings done on 1x1 pillars to prevent mining up to us. Buildings connected by walkways, with stairways up to them, 3 wide. The landing for each stair was a 2x3 area of trap doors, which we kept open. Mobs still saw that as the easiest way to get to us, but would then fall into punji pits as they got to up the stairs and tried to cross the gap. Eventually we'd get invasions, and a breach in the defenses, but the traps took care of the mobs. Golems in the courtyard level also helped.

I'm curious to see all the changes in the next version. The lycanite invasions could be very annoying and fun.

Desman

Sep 23, 2014
Hi :)

Is there any info on how the red gas works? I'm trying to figure out how I died.

I heard it was explosive, so when I first encountered it I used lava to remotely detonate it. Then I hit another deposit, but this one wasn't exploding for some reason. I burned it with lava just in case. Then I saw some coal, and decided to mine it. Knocked down torches, apart from the one on my head. Mined one coal, boom. Maybe the coal dust reacts with the inert red gas?

I think I figured out what happened. Tinker's pickaxes place torches on right-click, and I may have had torches in a slot next to the pickaxe...

I hate tools that do stuff on right-click.

Stroam

Jul 29, 2019
I imagine that in bnb 2.0 building skybases is going to be very difficult or impossible. All lights will again be targeted and mobs can spawn on all blocks except on clear blocks, so leaves or glass will become popular floor choices. Popular choices for bases is going to be treetop, stilts, ocean homes. There may be hardcore darkness which makes seeing anything at night without a light impossible.

Zombies will occasionally do special things when excited such as slowly break the block that between them and their target if there is a group, or dropping the block in their hand, slowly building a ramp over time. Zombies will be excited by players and lights, and groups of excited zombies may cause creepers to get excited and blowup. So walking your perimeter and covering your lights is going to be really important. A bunch of traps may be just as effective if not more, since lit torches expire after some time.

There may or may not be a story about you being bit by a zombie and are starting to turn into one. Villagers will attack you, and have guards and castles to keep you out. Being part undead may include being increasingly sensitive to sunlight which occasionally burns you and makes you weak to fire damage, so you will become more fond of overcast skies as the rain fills your barrels as water is hard to find. You will have a constant hunger with the desire to eat flesh occasionally that is slowly turning you insane. You may slowly be driven insane when you go to other dimensions which limits the time you can be in them, and also in the dark. As you go insane you hear monsters, breaking blocks, and random explosions occasionally, you see things that aren't there and when you have fully gone insane you lose control of your character in which you have to be hit with potion of weakness and given a golden apple by your friends if you have any, to restore control long enough to get to your happy room. Your eyes could be cloudy due the disease not allowing you to see far into the distance. There may be brews in witchery that eases some of the symptoms, though requiring expensive ingredients, as well as a whispered story about a possible cure which encourages you to progress on.

Your paradise will be a rainy day in your well lit with glowstone pantheon's happy place, high up on a volcano in the overworld as you munch on your happy meal and wash it down with a brew made from a demon heart and an unstable ingot, infused in a blood altar during a blood moon.

Last edited:
Reactions: Eyamaz

Philomath

Jul 29, 2019
FYI :)

upload_2015-11-7_9-59-57.png

Reactions: tetshio

Krhymez

Jul 29, 2019
Great to hear its soon, i have been really limiting my Minecraft gameplay until this pack is released.

Stroam

Jul 29, 2019
What if you actually had to die to go to the nether and nether fortresses contained one way portals back to the overworld. That imp skin and nether fauna seems really important now doesn't it. Or you could do a ritual with infernal chalk to send you and have to either have a friend summon you back, or a setup involving a dropper, light sensor, and something that activates the ritual some way making nether access more difficult and potentially one way. You can get the blaze powder through cinder pearl and set netherwart to be found in dungeon loot. If you want to be a little nicer you could make them carry brewing equipment and an angel feather that has to be combined with a ghast tear in order to create a potion that will bring you back to the overworld. Again the angel feather could be random dungeon loot, a demon trade item, or just an enchanted chicken feather depending on how hard you want it to be.

Last edited:

Seal

Jul 29, 2019
does anyone know the pack code for 1.6.4? if someone has that information i would appreciate it.ty

Krhymez

Jul 29, 2019
BloodNBones
I am not asking for an ETA, but since the previous post about the "before a payment processes"..... i have been refreshing this page and twitter waiting for the release. I can not wait to watch Wolv21, Wyld and Deadpine die over and over again.

During 1.6.4, i had a drinking game... to take a shot when they die. Lets just say i don't remember half the casts.. :p

So without blatantly asking an ETA. Can we assume before Xmas?

Eyamaz

Jul 29, 2019
I am not asking for an ETA, but since the previous post about the "before a payment processes"..... i have been refreshing this page and twitter waiting for the release. I can not wait to watch Wolv21, Wyld and Deadpine die over and over again.

During 1.6.4, i had a drinking game... to take a shot when they die. Lets just say i don't remember half the casts.. :p

So without blatantly asking an ETA. Can we assume before Xmas?

As long as things stay smooth. Yes. I took the last week off for me after my son shattered the screen on my overly expensive tablet. Thankfully, it looks like the LCD was not damaged, so I may be able to replace the touch screen and be fine.

This did, however, make it so I had to switch a few things up with how I do things at home. Both with my personal projects and Curse, I spend a portion of my day working from my tablet due to my son.

The team has made huge strides on the mods being used, so I just need to make more time to wrap up production on 2.0.

Reactions: Krhymez

Desman

Sep 23, 2014
Jumping Zombies of Z-rusalem

4Wt5dJh.png

I made a small villager farm, and there were like 3-4 zombies with jumping boots outside the wall trying to get in. It was quite hilarious.