Blood N Bones [Hardcore Survival]

cblair91

Jul 29, 2019
I've been stuck with having to make a few major changes to my personal life that has been eating away at a lot of my time, mostly because I have a small child (being my son) involved. I'm fairly disgruntled at myself for NOT having anything out for all of you.

I've been moving myself slowly to becoming a full time developer, looking at doing a full fledged Indie Studio with BnBGaming being the precursor to it. Over the last year, certain developments in my life have been throwing a fairly large sized wrench into my plans. Even getting BnBGaming off the ground has not helped with that. Other than the work I do for Curse doing code reviews for malicious code and community work, I have not had very much time for personal projects (let alone actually doing much with the team, who are working on a few new mods for future packs atm.) Hell, I've mostly been working from my tablet and not even sitting at my desktop lately.

Trust me, I'm getting yelled at by a lot of people because I'm "just to damn quiet," recently.

The shift in my life since I started working from home last year, has not been a good one. Some of which I have alluded to, but I'm not going to discuss any of that in a public forum (or a private forum, for that matter.) Many of the things I'm currently working on changing will vastly alleviate several issues in my life that are preventing me from doing what I need to do.

I apologize for the broken ETAs, for the lack of a release, and for not being around to let you all know whats up. When I am fully able to return, I will start dropping some bombs. More than just 2.0.

And for those awesome Patreons that have stuck by me through this BS. I'll make sure you are taking care of with something special in the future. <3
I demand more love! MOAR LOVE

DigitalWino

Jul 29, 2019
Started playing some BnB again, but after playing some of the newer mod packs, I'm realizing that there are some things I REALLY don't like about BnB. Namely, the map. Mapwriter sucks many donkey balls. I prefer journey map by far. So I grabbed journey map to install, but I can't figure out how to get rid of mapwriter. There doesn't seem to be a .zip or .jar file for it in the mods folder. I've also poked around a little bit in the other folders, but still couldn't find it. So I figured I'd just ask here and see if anyone could tell me how to uninstall it.

Jul 29, 2019
Started playing some BnB again, but after playing some of the newer mod packs, I'm realizing that there are some things I REALLY don't like about BnB. Namely, the map. Mapwriter sucks many donkey balls. I prefer journey map by far. So I grabbed journey map to install, but I can't figure out how to get rid of mapwriter. There doesn't seem to be a .zip or .jar file for it in the mods folder. I've also poked around a little bit in the other folders, but still couldn't find it. So I figured I'd just ask here and see if anyone could tell me how to uninstall it.
BnB doesn't use the actual Mapwriter mod, it uses Opis. Considering that according to the modlist spreadsheet, Opis is only used for Mapwriter, you can make the change without accidentally breaking anything.

Reactions: Eyamaz

PixXelZz

Jul 29, 2019
yes, i made this pack as STUPID difficult as possible without making it completely impossible. its specifically designed to be a hardcore challenge pack where, at least at the start, there is little breathing room. At no time did i want a player to feel "safe" from the world around it. Its a pack designed to be the complete opposite of something like Unleashed or most other modpacks that have tech in them. There is no uberarmornothingcanhurtmeaftermyfirsthoursworthofplay or weaponthatcankillalmostanythingrightfromthestart.

this pack is definitely not intended for a casual player.

Eyamaz how do I make the brightness higher in the configs

Desman

Sep 23, 2014
You need to delete two files, MobiusCore_1.2.2_1.6.4 and opis_1.2.2.

DigitalWino

Jul 29, 2019
I don't think you can make it any brighter. I mean you can turn up the brightness/gamma on your monitor, but that's it. As he said in that post that you're quoting, it's designed to be very hard. You do NOT want to go wandering around at night.

You need to delete two files, MobiusCore_1.2.2_1.6.4 and opis_1.2.2.
All I had to do was get rid of opis and then I was able to use journey map just fine.

NunoAgapito

Jul 29, 2019
MobiusCore is a dependency from Opis, so Opis does not work without MobiusCore. MobiusCore alone does nothing except taking time to get loaded and wasting a little memory.

DigitalWino

Jul 29, 2019
All I know is that I need to install both of those files every time I replace JourneyMap with opis.
Out of curiosity, why do you like Opis over Journeymap? I mean granted it can tell you a few things Journeymap can't, like which chunks are loaded or slime bearing. But the multiple groups of waypoints, and how it keeps changing on its own... that's annoying as hell. Granted the version of Journeymap that works w BnB isn't nearly as good as the newer ones, but I still like it better.

Desman

Sep 23, 2014
Out of curiosity, why do you like Opis over Journeymap? I mean granted it can tell you a few things Journeymap can't, like which chunks are loaded or slime bearing. But the multiple groups of waypoints, and how it keeps changing on its own... that's annoying as hell. Granted the version of Journeymap that works w BnB isn't nearly as good as the newer ones, but I still like it better.
Journeymap is overly complicated, there's more stuff going on on the map than in the actual game. I just want a simple square map without all the stuff cluttering it. I need to spend a lot of time disabling everything in Journeymap (while the game isn't paused?), and fix all the settings until it no longer makes me tear my eyes out...

I'm a "keep it simple" person :)

kurisu_TEPDCR

Apr 18, 2015
Journeymap is overly complicated, there's more stuff going on on the map than in the actual game. I just want a simple square map without all the stuff cluttering it. I need to spend a lot of time disabling everything in Journeymap (while the game isn't paused?), and fix all the settings until it no longer makes me tear my eyes out...

I'm a "keep it simple" person :)
Journey map is actually very simple and not cluttered

Mustang351c

Jul 29, 2019

I don't think you can make it any brighter. I mean you can turn up the brightness/gamma on your monitor, but that's it. As he said in that post that you're quoting, it's designed to be very hard. You do NOT want to go wandering around at night.

To make it brighter, go to RandomThings.cfg near the bottom and turn change B:"Hardcore Darkness"=true to B:"Hardcore Darkness"=false
This, however ruins some of the difficulty in the pack unless you plan on streaming or YouTubing the pack. Then this is necessary for your viewers to see.

Dinodinodude

Jul 29, 2019
Slightly dissapointed the pack hasn't released since I checked a few months ago, though Eyamaz seems to have been working hard on making 2.0 A+ quality, which is even better IMO.

Any thoughts on how the pack has evolved since 6 months ago, Eyamaz?

P.S. If you haven't already remove coal drops from cinders to avoid OP farming :D

DigitalWino

Jul 29, 2019
Is it possible to repair bronze armor? I tried just using an anvil, but it didn't work. I have a really nicely enchanted bronze chest plate and I would hate to have it break on me :-/

kurisu_TEPDCR

Apr 18, 2015
Is it possible to repair bronze armor? I tried just using an anvil, but it didn't work. I have a really nicely enchanted bronze chest plate and I would hate to have it break on me :-/
I know you can repair bronze armor with bronze armor but i dont know if you can with ingots itself... I havent played in a while so i dont fully remember.

Anar

Jul 29, 2019
Hey guys i hope you can help me out with a server thingy.
I wanted to host a blood n bones server, so i downloaded the latest version from the ftb site.
But when i run serverstart.bat i get an error: "

C:\Users\Eigenaar\Desktop\Blood n bones server>java -Xms2048m -Xmx2048m -XX:permSize=100m -XX:+UseParNewGC -XX:+UseConcMarkSweepGC -jar FTBServer-1.6.4-965.jar nogui
Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM warning: ignoring option PermSize=100m; support was removed in 8.0
aug 18, 2015 10:18:06 PM net.minecraft.launchwrapper.LogWrapper log
INFO: Loading tweak class name cpw.mods.fml.common.launcher.FMLServerTweaker
INFO: Using primary tweak class name cpw.mods.fml.common.launcher.FMLServerTweaker
INFO: Calling tweak class cpw.mods.fml.common.launcher.FMLServerTweaker
2015-08-18 22:18:06 [INFO] [ForgeModLoader] Forge Mod Loader version 6.4.49.965 for Minecraft 1.6.4 loading
2015-08-18 22:18:06 [INFO] [ForgeModLoader] Java is Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM, version 1.8.0_51, running on Windows 8.1:amd64:6.3, installed at C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.8.0_51
2015-08-18 22:18:06 [WARNING] [ForgeModLoader] The coremod codechicken.core.launch.DepLoader does not have a MCVersion annotation, it may cause issues with this version of Minecraft
2015-08-18 22:18:06 [WARNING] [ForgeModLoader] The coremod worldcore.asm.WCFMLLoadingPlugin does not have a MCVersion annotation, it may cause issues with this version of Minecraft
2015-08-18 22:18:06 [WARNING] [ForgeModLoader] The coremod appeng.transformer.AppEngCore does not have a MCVersion annotation, it may cause issues with this version of Minecraft
2015-08-18 22:18:06 [INFO] [ForgeModLoader] [AppEng] Core Init
2015-08-18 22:18:06 [WARNING] [ForgeModLoader] The coremod biomesoplenty.asm.BOPFMLLoadingPlugin does not have a MCVersion annotation, it may cause issues with this version of Minecraft
2015-08-18 22:18:06 [INFO] [STDERR] Warning: version of ForgeMultipart-universal-1.6.4-, 1.0.0.250 is newer than request 1.0.0.244
2015-08-18 22:18:06 [WARNING] [ForgeModLoader] The coremod eyamaz.bnbtweaks.asm.ASMPlugin does not have a MCVersion annotation, it may cause issues with this version of Minecraft
2015-08-18 22:18:06 [WARNING] [ForgeModLoader] The coremod codechicken.core.launch.CodeChickenCorePlugin does not have a MCVersion annotation, it may cause issues with this version of Minecraft
2015-08-18 22:18:06 [WARNING] [ForgeModLoader] The coremod cofh.asm.LoadingPlugin does not have a MCVersion annotation, it may cause issues with this version of Minecraft
2015-08-18 22:18:06 [WARNING] [ForgeModLoader] The coremod denoflionsx.CreeperCollateral.CoreMod.CCCore does not have a MCVersion annotation, it may cause issues with this version of Minecraft
2015-08-18 22:18:06 [WARNING] [ForgeModLoader] The coremod denoflionsx.denLib.CoreMod.denLibCore does not have a MCVersion annotation, it may cause issues with this version of Minecraft
2015-08-18 22:18:06 [WARNING] [ForgeModLoader] The coremod mcp.mobius.evoc.asm.CoreDescription does not have a MCVersion annotation, it may cause issues with this version of Minecraft
2015-08-18 22:18:06 [WARNING] [ForgeModLoader] The coremod glenn.gases.core.EDFMLLoadingPlugin does not have a MCVersion annotation, it may cause issues with this version of Minecraft
2015-08-18 22:18:06 [WARNING] [ForgeModLoader] The coremod glenn.gasesframework.core.EDFMLLoadingPlugin does not have a MCVersion annotation, it may cause issues with this version of Minecraft
2015-08-18 22:18:06 [WARNING] [ForgeModLoader] The coremod invtweaks.forge.asm.FMLPlugin does not have a MCVersion annotation, it may cause issues with this version of Minecraft
2015-08-18 22:18:06 [WARNING] [ForgeModLoader] The coremod mcp.mobius.mobiuscore.asm.CoreDescription does not have a MCVersion annotation, it may cause issues with this version of Minecraft
2015-08-18 22:18:06 [WARNING] [ForgeModLoader] The coremod codechicken.nei.asm.NEICorePlugin does not have a MCVersion annotation, it may cause issues with this version of Minecraft
2015-08-18 22:18:06 [WARNING] [ForgeModLoader] The coremod codechicken.core.launch.DepLoader does not have a MCVersion annotation, it may cause issues with this version of Minecraft
2015-08-18 22:18:06 [WARNING] [ForgeModLoader] The coremod mrtjp.projectred.compatibility.CompatibilityCorePlugin does not have a MCVersion annotation, it may cause issues with this version of Minecraft
2015-08-18 22:18:06 [WARNING] [ForgeModLoader] The coremod lumien.randomthings.Transformer.RTLoadingPlugin does not have a MCVersion annotation, it may cause issues with this version of Minecraft
2015-08-18 22:18:06 [WARNING] [ForgeModLoader] The coremod squeek.spiceoflife.asm.ASMPlugin does not have a MCVersion annotation, it may cause issues with this version of Minecraft
2015-08-18 22:18:06 [WARNING] [ForgeModLoader] The coremod tconstruct.preloader.TConstructLoaderContainer does not have a MCVersion annotation, it may cause issues with this version of Minecraft
2015-08-18 22:18:06 [INFO] [TCon-Preloader] Scalpel. Suction. Lumber axe. CLEAR! *zap*
2015-08-18 22:18:06 [INFO] [TCon-Preloader] Constructing preloader (Modules: [tconstruct.preloader.AccessTransformers, tconstruct.preloader.ASMInterfaceRepair])
2015-08-18 22:18:06 [INFO] [TCon-Preloader] Found a properties file. Attempting load...
2015-08-18 22:18:06 [INFO] [TCon-Preloader] Loaded properties successfully. Using specified settings.
2015-08-18 22:18:06 [INFO] [ForgeModLoader] Loading tweak class name cpw.mods.fml.common.launcher.FMLInjectionAndSortingTweaker
2015-08-18 22:18:06 [INFO] [ForgeModLoader] Loading tweak class name cpw.mods.fml.common.launcher.FMLDeobfTweaker
2015-08-18 22:18:06 [INFO] [ForgeModLoader] Calling tweak class cpw.mods.fml.common.launcher.FMLInjectionAndSortingTweaker
2015-08-18 22:18:06 [SEVERE] [ForgeModLoader] Unable to launch
java.util.ConcurrentModificationException
at java.util.ArrayList$Itr.checkForComodification(Unknown Source)
at java.util.ArrayList$Itr.remove(Unknown Source)
at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.Launch.launch(Launch.java:114)
at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.Launch.main(Launch.java:27)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)
at cpw.mods.fml.relauncher.ServerLaunchWrapper.run(ServerLaunchWrapper.java:48)
at cpw.mods.fml.relauncher.ServerLaunchWrapper.main(ServerLaunchWrapper.java:17)

C:\Users\Eigenaar\Desktop\Blood n bones server>pause
Press any key to continue . . ."

And after i continue, the cmd box just vanishes. No server controlpanel appearing. Nothing.
Im not very good in programming stuff or something that involves a lot of digging in files so i i asked something stupid, please dont mind me.
And if there is a solution, you will have my gratitude. :)

Anar

Jul 29, 2019
Add LegacyJavaFixer to your mods folder.
And where should i put the documents that i got? i just went ahead and put those in FTBServer-1.6.4-965 but now i get this:
"
C:\Users\Eigenaar\Desktop\Blood n bones server>java -Xms2048m -Xmx2048m -XX:permSize=100m -XX:+UseParNewGC -XX:+UseConcMarkSweepGC -jar FTBServer-1.6.4-965.jar nogui
Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM warning: ignoring option PermSize=100m; support was removed in 8.0
no main manifest attribute, in FTBServer-1.6.4-965.jar

C:\Users\Eigenaar\Desktop\Blood n bones server>pause
Press any key to continue . . .
"