Blood Magic - a true love/hate relationship...

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Anhrak

Jul 29, 2019
So yeah, those who have come to the Bound tools as well as the spells probably will know this:

The absolute love of harvesting and terraforming great chunks of land with only a few clicks

But the agonizing hate of when you accidently missclick with this, or when you run out and used a wind+earth spell (which results in your grave being removed without items appearing).

...These tools gave me so much convenience yet agony.

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019
So yeah, those who have come to the Bound tools as well as the spells probably will know this:

The absolute love of harvesting and terraforming great chunks of land with only a few clicks

But the agonizing hate of when you accidently missclick with this, or when you run out and used a wind+earth spell (which results in your grave being removed without items appearing).

...These tools gave me so much convenience yet agony.
Do you leave your orb in a blood altar, being filled by a well of suffering?

Anhrak

Jul 29, 2019
It's just a minor inconvenience when you forget to keep track of your LP meter.

But the missclicks though. Dear god... I had to rollback twice because of the damage it did.

GreenZombie

Jul 29, 2019
I have a t6 altar with cursed earth and a well of suffering that I keep my orb in - I've made and enchanted all the bound tools. That I have never equipped. As I know I am prone to miss clicks. I don't dare...

Reactions: jordsta95

AuricPolaris

Jul 29, 2019
Out of the major magic mods I always tend to do BM last and only for completion sake. It feels like a grind for very little gain. (Obviously if other's think otherwise that is fine too, just not my kind of mod. :) )

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019
Out of the major magic mods I always tend to do BM last and only for completion sake. It feels like a grind for very little gain. (Obviously if other's think otherwise that is fine too, just not my kind of mod. :) )
Arcane Arteries was developed to help reduce the early game grind, and seeing as you do other major magic mods first, then you will be able to utilize the mod :)
If you have any other "grinds" you want simplifying, then gimme a shout :)

Anhrak

Jul 29, 2019
I actually do Blood Magic as one of the first, for the following reasons:

- Infinite energy. Simply set up an AFK LP grinder, and then create a Serenade of the Nether ritual. That lava source block can be used to get infinite and constant RF + EU.
- Resource gathering. Combined with thaumcraft, you can get ST / Fortune on it, making your tool extremely useable for harvesting chunks of diamonds, draconic dust, quartz and amber.

Everlasting2

Jun 28, 2015
missclicks though. Dear god.
As I know I am prone to miss clicks.

im surprised more people dont know this little fact , u know the armor inhibitor that suppresses "a souls un-natural abilities", well that effect does not just work on bound armor the bound tools "beast mode" counts as un-natural abilty ,so an active inhibitor prevents the specs including yes the bound picks right click of destruction. a lovely little feature
It's just a minor inconvenience when you forget to keep track of your LP meter.
put the divination sigil inside a piece of bound armor ,You get the power bar from holding the sigil constantly on your hud . Makes it quite easy to know when your pool is drained alot or nearly empty ,

Someone Else 37

Forum Addict
Feb 10, 2013
put the divination sigil inside a piece of bound armor ,You get the power bar from holding the sigil constantly on your hud . Makes it quite easy to know when your pool is drained alot or nearly empty ,
I thought the divination sigil gave night vision when installed in Bound Armor. I haven't tested it recently, so it certainly could've changed, but that's what I seem to remember happening.

Everlasting2

Jun 28, 2015
I thought the divination sigil gave night vision when installed in Bound Armor. I haven't tested it recently, so it certainly could've changed, but that's what I seem to remember happening.
it changed originally it gave only night vision then later on it gave night vision and the power bar, currently it gives only the bar and to get the night vision effect u need to slot in a sigil of the blood lamp

GreenZombie

Jul 29, 2019
im surprised more people dont know this little fact , u know the armor inhibitor that suppresses "a souls un-natural abilities", well that effect does not just work on bound armor the bound tools "beast mode" counts as un-natural abilty ,so an active inhibitor prevents the specs including yes the bound picks right click of destruction. a lovely little feature

So, your proposal is, because I can't remember to turn my tools off, there is this handy thing I just need to remember to turn on?

Everlasting2

Jun 28, 2015
So, your proposal is, because I can't remember to turn my tools off, there is this handy thing I just need to remember to turn on?
u said misclicks not turning the tools off and on with the "handy thing " the tools are still functional they just cant cause a large aoe effect without u actively disabling "the handy thing "

Master_Builder_800

Jul 29, 2019
I honestly haven't touched blood magic just cause of the name, but looks like if I want to progress anymore in infinity hard mode I'm gonna need to get into it :(