blockIDs and itemIDs

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

seljik

Jul 29, 2019
I love the launcher and think it could have a tiny feature added.... when it loads up have a different config type generated, in it would have a list of all the block and Items added in and what number they are and what mod they are from, so if i wanted to add in another mod i wouldnt need to search through all the other configs or guess. also keep up the good work :)

Watchful11

Forum Addict
Team Member
Third Party Pack Admin
Nov 6, 2012
This is a fair bit more difficult than you would think.
But we will be having a list of used ID's on the wiki when it releases.

Sal

Jul 29, 2019
It would be nice if there was a dedicated whitespace of blocks (Say from 18500-19000) that the dev's could try not to use when setting up the pack. That way as future releases roll out, we who've added other mods won't have to worry about conflicts in this space.

Lawbroken

Jul 29, 2019
It would be nice if there was a dedicated whitespace of blocks (Say from 18500-19000) that the dev's could try not to use when setting up the pack. That way as future releases roll out, we who've added other mods won't have to worry about conflicts in this space.

Im sure the mod pack team has this thought aswell.
Nothing more annoying then having to start a world of your trees turn into tnt blocks =P

Zelfana

Jul 29, 2019
The very end of available IDs seems like a safe bet. Current mods have their IDs spaced out somewhere around the mid range of IDs. 5000+ should be free for taking even in very distant future.

Lathanael

Jul 29, 2019
Once we have finished the release pack we will have a table with all the id ranges from different mods. There alos will a range where users can put in things.

All this will be on the new wiki.