Block ID Mismatch between server and client

• Tech Support section is for getting help with FTB related problems. If there's a repeatable issue that can be labeled as a bug, then please use the issue tracker for the pack or the app at GitHub issue trackers - If there's no repository for a pack that means that the pack is old and/or will not be updated. Bugs for older packs will not be fixed, unless they are critical.

Comatose

Jul 29, 2019
Title:
Block ID Mismatch between server and client
Launcher Version:
Modpack:
FTB Infinity
Modpack Version:
Log Link:
Details of the issue:
I am in charge of my friend's Infinity server and we just added KCauldron to it (set up by the host) since she wanted world protecting plugins so we can open the server to the public, but since that happened no one can log in as the block ids are mismatched between client and server and cause an almost instant crash after connecting to the server. I have imported the confg files already to no avail and googling as not yielded any results to this matter.

I would love to know how to get the ids on the server to match the client. We have already done so much to the world before the upgrade and really don't want to lose the work due to the server being uncooperative.

Client crash log pastebin: YLTFpUKQ

We do have some additional mods aside from the ones that come in the Infinity pack but they have no issues in SSP nor did they have any before upgrading to Cauldron but in case any one needs to know what they are at a glance:

-Mr. Crayfish's furniture mod
-Better Records
-Custom Music Discs
-Enhanced Portals
-Practicalities
-Secret Rooms
-Simply Paths

DeathOfTime

Jul 29, 2019
I don't know how to go right to a pastebin without a link to it. http://pastebin.com/YLTFpUKQ .
There is a backup of the world before these changes were made?

Are you certain the ID mismatch issue would even be fixed by using a new world?

I looked up cauldron and couldn't really find a actual official site for it. I was sure I read development on the entire bukkit based software line was halted when bukkit was discontinued. I did a few basic searches on any information related to cauldron and couldn't find anything. Pretty much every cauldron related link led to a deleted area of a website. I was able to find the occasional post. They didn't seem to have any relation to this issue though. With nothing really there it is hard for me to do any research on this matter.

What little I did find seems to indicate that forge is no longer the server being used. That a server called "cauldron" is being used instead. Looking at the pastebin it seams that forge v10.13.4.1448 is being used. I did find a link that states the correct version of the forge server to install with Kcauldron is "none". Might be worth trying deleting forge then running the server. It also looks like certain mods are completely incompatible with cauldron. The only ones I see referenced that might be a issue is fastcraft. Though I see some posts on sites about Cauldron breaking mods in general.

Of course if your world is already corrupted none of the changes you try will undo that. Any change you try will have to be on a restored backup. Every time a different change is tried the current world has to be deleted and restored from backup again.

I was going to offer up a alternative. It looks like "Sponge" is only compatible with 1.8 right now though. Looks they may not feel that it is at a state to be used as the go to software of that type yet. It does seem like there is a complete set of mods that might work though as a alternative. If cauldron is only being used as a way to secure the server these mods might be worth looking into. Especially if no one who is working on the server has any experience with cauldron. It looks like mod documentation on ongoing projects should be a lot easier to find then documentation on any of the Bukkit related servers.

Sorry that I can't really be of help.

Last edited:

lenscas

Over-Achiever
Jul 31, 2013
Some things to try.
No fastcraft on the server
No fastcraft on the client
new world with the mods, to see if its something of this world
new world without the added mods to see if it

However I agree with the above poster that kcauldron at this point only should be used if you know what you are doing.
Being able to use bukkit plugins is nice but kcauldron can cause a lot of problems and isn't always supported by mod devs.
There are some forge mods that will offer the same protection as the bukkit plugins like for example forge essentials.

Reactions: DeathOfTime

Comatose

Jul 29, 2019
I did warn my friend that Cauldron was not supported by any developer and all the "current" versions were buggy and mostly updated by people who didn't make the original mod but she insisted she wanted the plugins. I did show her Forge Essentials but she said that griefprevention was needed and that is one thing essentials doesn't have.

I'll try removing fastcraft and uploading the backup world to see if that works. Thanks for the suggestion.

mc.crab

Feb 2, 2013
Forge essentials has an area protection feature but i'd suggest you take a look at MyTown2. I have used GP with a few FTB packs but there are always blocks and/or items that bypass the protection and can't be logged and rolled back with anything like CoreProtect etc.

Comatose

Jul 29, 2019
removing fastcraft fixed the crashes though Cauldron is causing low frames.

Thanks for the help, I'll try convincing my friend to ditch cauldron and go with MyTown or Essentials so we get less lag.